Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:11 PM

2,142 posts, read 1,894,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Which is it - caused by an infestation of lust demons, or consciously chosen?
Both, sexuality is complex.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,758,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
He's shrewd, he's playing the numbers; less than 10% of the population is gay.

He's going after the 90%.
It isn't exactly a 90% because there are those that aren't gay that think they deserve the same rights like I do. To me I look at not entirely a choice, some is how the brain is wired even gentics play a role in if someone is gay. You can't exactly chose genetics or how the brain is wired. There are cases where we choose but you do have a good number of gay and lesbians who actually are gay by genetic or their brain. Now don't get me wrong we do chose if we have sex and who we do have sex with but that isn't exclusive to the 10% who are not straight. I intentionally left out bisexuals and pansexuals because they truly do choose if they date heterosexually or homosexually.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:25 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,815,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It isn't exactly a 90% because there are those that aren't gay that think they deserve the same rights like I do. To me I look at not entirely a choice, some is how the brain is wired even gentics play a role in if someone is gay. You can't exactly chose genetics or how the brain is wired. There are cases where we choose but you do have a good number of gay and lesbians who actually are gay by genetic or their brain. Now don't get me wrong we do chose if we have sex and who we do have sex with but that isn't exclusive to the 10% who are not straight. I intentionally left out bisexuals and pansexuals because they truly do choose if they date heterosexually or homosexually.
Maybe some just want to keep their options open?

(Cynicasm)

Old 03-04-2015, 12:28 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,056,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Both, sexuality is complex.
So sexual orientation is a complex combination of infectious lust demons and choices. Got it.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 PM

939 posts, read 791,193 times
Quote:
If sexual orientation is a choice, I challenge you to be gay for the rest of the week. I challenge you to turn off your sexual and romantic attraction to members of the opposite sex and turn on a sexual and romantic attraction to members of the same sex. Some Sunday, undo it.

And then please, tell me how you were able to do it.
I'll let you do it, and then give us a report! Why do folks like you get so upset just because others don't agree with you? Don't take disagreement on here personally. You won't change my views, nor will I change yours. Live with that fact, and try to NOT let it bother you.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:44 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,087,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I'll let you do it, and then give us a report! Why do folks like you get so upset just because others don't agree with you? Don't take disagreement on here personally. You won't change my views, nor will I change yours. Live with that fact, and try to NOT let it bother you.
You're not in a position to legislate my rights, so I don't give a rats azz what you think-- no matter how boneheaded and ignorant. Your mind won't be changed-- Take pride in your bigotry.

When someone is running for a position that certainly can impact my rights, I'll go ahead and pay attention to his anti-science, hypocritical, ignorant stance about homosexuality.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:45 PM

2,142 posts, read 1,894,337 times
Quote:
So sexual orientation is a complex combination of infectious lust demons and choices. Got it.
that's just scratching the surface, the part above the waterline. there's also a whole glaciers worth underneath.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:47 PM

5,716 posts, read 3,224,922 times
what overwhelming anecdotal evidence?
Genetic? has not been proven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Prison proves it.

Ben Carson: Prisons prove being gay is a choice - CNN.com

Two questions:

(1) Why does Dr. Carson believe that he is correct in the face of all existing scientific evidence to the contrary? I've never met a gay person who says their sexuality is a choice. The overwhelming anecdotal evidence opposes Dr. Carson's view as well. Why does Dr. Carson think he's correct when the rest of his profession, and the overwhelming majority of gays say he is wrong?

(2) How can a medical Dr. use the ridiculous prison example-- textbook false causation-- to justify this? For a world renown surgeon and intelligent man, he's willing to come across as a simpleton on this issue... What's behind it?

To be clear, this discussion is about Dr. Carson and his thinking process... If you want to debate whether homosexuality is a choice, you're welcome to do so in 1987.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:47 PM

68,285 posts, read 54,088,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Ben Carson is right... it is a choice. Either you choose to have sex with same sex people or you chose not to.
If only you got to choose what gender you're naturally attracted to which is an entirely different thing. Ignoring that fact doesn't change it.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:50 PM

5,716 posts, read 3,224,922 times
Bring out the Helmans, bring out the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Mayonnaise and gay jail sex.

Gotta be some kind of shades of grey angle there.

Oh I am sure he understands exactly what he is saying. One of the smartest neurosurgeons on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies