U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 01:17 PM

2,063 posts, read 2,055,374 times

Advertisements

In many middle eastern countries Islamic brides must be a virgin on their wedding nights or face social humiliation or even death. There is a new product a suppository now offered to Islamic brides that will fake the bleeding her husband will expect to see her have after wedding night sex. I assume this can also be used for added security in case a virgin bride is worried she will not bleed enough to please her new husband and family and be falsely accused. I hope it will save women's lives and increase their safety.

I feel sad that a women who is spending her life with someone cannot be honest with him or her family if she is no longer a virgin but if her life is at stake she obviously has to protect herself. I also worry that it will not work since there are other signs of being a virgin the suppository can't help her fake. I hope also the men do not get wise to this and it stops being able to help protect her.

Any thoughts or personal experience on this issue ?

Here is the link below:

Iran
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 01:22 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,274,870 times
I think the fact that this even exists speaks to the backwardsness of that culture in its views of women.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:25 PM

2,063 posts, read 2,055,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
I think the fact that this even exists speaks to the backwardsness of that culture in its views of women.

I agree and suppose she was raped is she supposed to just hide it and pretend to be a virgin and never get the love and emotional support she may need?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or