Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:45 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is all them justices know how they are going to vote before they ask any questions. Give Thomas credit for not participating in the dog and pony show.
Then what is he doing on the Supreme Court? If he thinks participating in the cases that come before the Court is a dog and pony show he should hand in his robe.

As soon as his mouthpiece, Scalia, leaves the court Thomas will be right behind him. He would have no idea how to vote without him. He's a waste of space on the Court.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:56 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,771 times
I wish more in government would follow his lead and shut up.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It isn't only blacks. It used to be common that women who didn't support feminism were called gender traitors and brainwashed by men and your own example, Rubio, was called a hypocrite because of his stance on immigration. I myself as a disabled person have been told that I am voting against my own interests for being a Republican. It's also not uncommon for poor people to be said to be brainwashed by Republicans into voting for them and there have been threads on this very forum questioning why a homosexual person would ever vote Republican.

The common thread here isn't that only black people have this done to them. The common thread is that only conservatives have it done to them. Any female, poor, disabled, homosexual, or minority conservative is open to the accusation. Anyone who isn't a wealthy white Christian heterosexual man and doesn't fall for left wing pandering rhetoric is vulnerable to being questioned for voting the wrong way. It's pretty clear that there are a lot of leftists who feel the Democrats are somehow owed or entitled to the minority vote and there's something wrong with you if you don't give it to them.
LMAO...The conservative persecution complex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So educate us. Why does anyone have to hold true to any belief system or become a trader to their race? An Uncle Tom?
As your question relates to black people, that's really nothing I need to discuss with you.

That's none of your concern. If you believe your opinion to be true, I'm satisfied to let you continue to believe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Sorry, but you are wrong. The NAACP opposed Clarence Thomas' nomination.

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
You're right. I went back and checked.

The NAACP opposed him, but the Civil Rights Commission endorsed him and the Urban League took no position on his nomination.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:11 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It was perfectly appropriate to make that comparison. The liberal left tried to destroy his reputation in the sleaziest and most dishonest possible way.

And all because Thomas, a black man, chose to think for himself and dared to escape from the Democrats' racially demeaning and soul-destroying Dependency Plantation.

Not unlike the liberal-left's attempted destruction of Darren Wilson, who, I am pleased to say, was just cleared of civil rights charges by Eric Holder's justice department.

But it doesn't matter. Wilson will be tainted by the false charges for the rest of his life -- the same thing the left attempted to do to Clarence Thomas and almost succeeded.

The left in this country is a disgrace.
I agree with you about Wilson. He didn't ASK for a national spotlight (if he is indeed innocent) For all of the glory in achieving higher public offices, the person nowadays must expect that any and all dirty laundry will be exposed. It is sad yet true. Justice Lyncheroo had a lot to hide and should have just stayed where he was at if he didn't want his sexual escapades presented to the nation. If Lyncheroo had been clean and above reproach, we wouldn't have this conversation. He is a disgrace to the memory of Justice Thurgood Marshall.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:11 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Almost succeeded? They DID succeed in tainting Thomas. He knows it. You know it. I know it. His wife obviously knows it, which is why she sent that letter to Anita Hill a few years back.

The "high tech lynching" nonsense is just that...bunk. I don't know if the allegations by Hill are true, but it's his word against her's, and Clarence Thomas to my knowledge hasn't proved himself to be any more truthful than Anita Hill is. It's a fifty/fifty proposition that it's true or false.

Moreover, Anita Hill had no reason to lie on old dude. But he had every reason to deny her charges.

As for the rest of your post featuring all that "think for himself/plantation" silly ass conservative trite racist rhetoric...whuteva!
First, Virginia Thomas didn't send a letter. She called Hill and asked her to apologize for lying about her husband.

Second, Hill claimed Thomas sexually harassed her at the first job where they worked together, and then after that she followed him to another job, and then continued to contact him after they no longer worked together. When he spoke at a public event in the state where she was living, she went to the event and sought him out. Then years later when he was nominated for the Supreme Court, she came out with this nonsense.

I don't believe it for a second. When I was 22, I had a client ask me to sleep with him. Not sure if he was joking or not, but I called my manager and said I would no longer work with that client. Our company cut ties with him. I didn't continue to work with him, contact him outside of work, follow him to other jobs, etc. Anita Hill's behavior does not match her claims.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
His best friend of the Supremes is big lib Stephen Breyer.

"Thomas has a reputation as an affable, good-humored man who is extremely personally popular with his friends and colleagues. According to writer Jeffrey Toobin, "Fellow justices, law clerks, police officers, cafeteria workers, janitors – all basked in Thomas's effusive good nature. His rolling basso laughter frequently pierced the silence of the Court's hushed corridors." He is particularly close to fellow justice (and ideological opponent) Stephen Breyer, and the two are frequently seen at the Court's oral arguments whispering, laughing, and passing notes.

Clarence Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-05-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
First, Virginia Thomas didn't send a letter. She called Hill and asked her to apologize for lying about her husband.

Second, Hill claimed Thomas sexually harassed her at the first job where they worked together, and then after that she followed him to another job, and then continued to contact him after they no longer worked together. When he spoke at a public event in the state where she was living, she went to the event and sought him out. Then years later when he was nominated for the Supreme Court, she came out with this nonsense.

I don't believe it for a second. When I was 22, I had a client ask me to sleep with him. Not sure if he was joking or not, but I called my manager and said I would no longer work with that client. Our company cut ties with him. I didn't continue to work with him, contact him outside of work, follow him to other jobs, etc. Anita Hill's behavior does not match her claims.
Ok...she called. That's even MORE lame than sending a letter.

In fact, it was so creepy that Anita Hill reported it to authorities because she figured it HAD to be a prank.

"Ok...have a good day" is how she ended it. If that's not proof that she's Kathy Bates in the movie Misery, I don't know what is. Ginny Thomas is psycho. And doing it 20 years after the hearings is more proof that she's a certified fruitcake.

No wonder Thomas probably went after Anita Hill.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:37 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It isn't only blacks. It used to be common that women who didn't support feminism were called gender traitors and brainwashed by men and your own example, Rubio, was called a hypocrite because of his stance on immigration. I myself as a disabled person have been told that I am voting against my own interests for being a Republican. It's also not uncommon for poor people to be said to be brainwashed by Republicans into voting for them and there have been threads on this very forum questioning why a homosexual person would ever vote Republican.

The common thread here isn't that only black people have this done to them. The common thread is that only conservatives have it done to them. Any female, poor, disabled, homosexual, or minority conservative is open to the accusation. Anyone who isn't a wealthy white Christian heterosexual man and doesn't fall for left wing pandering rhetoric is vulnerable to being questioned for voting the wrong way. It's pretty clear that there are a lot of leftists who feel the Democrats are somehow owed or entitled to the minority vote and there's something wrong with you if you don't give it to them.
Its the liberal M.O. Put those that dont believe what they believe on the defensive. It is a one sided fight because conservatives dont do the same. Instead we try to justify and when we try to do that we have already lost not because our ideas are wrong but because we are playing their game and it makes us defend our ideas or more often denying ideas we dont even care about or believe and it allows the liberal to go without having to explain themselves at all.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Its the liberal M.O. Put those that dont believe what they believe on the defensive. It is a one sided fight because conservatives dont do the same. Instead we try to justify and when we try to do that we have already lost not because our ideas are wrong but because we are playing their game and it makes us defend our ideas or more often denying ideas we dont even care about or believe and it allows the liberal to go without having to explain themselves at all.
Yeah...That's it.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ok...she called. That's even MORE lame than sending a letter.

In fact, it was so creepy that Anita Hill reported it to authorities because she figured it HAD to be a prank.
Odd she would report this but not the sexual harassment. Not only not report it but not even tell a soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies