Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:53 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times

Advertisements

And the Stupid just keeps coming-

ISIS may have roots in climate change, says Daily Kos

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 04:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
You can't make this lunacy up
Senior editor at Mother Jones wants you to know that you should stop eating three meals a day for reasons including the fact that it is "racist." Yes — she actually uses the word "racist:" "Dogmatic adherence to mealtimes is anti-science, racist, and might actually be making you sick," proclaims the subhead to Kiera Butler’s Wednesday article, titled "Why You Should Stop Eating Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner."

Read more at: Mother Jones: Eating Three Meals A Day Is Racist
Why You Should Stop Eating Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner | Mother Jones

Lol. How desperate is the National Review for something to write about? Too funny! There is nothing about racism in the article. You did read the actual article correct? Whoever wrote the 'subtext' was just using the Fox News method of attracting readers with some sensational words. I don't know that the author actually wrote that.

National Review apparently can't write any articles on their own. You can't make this stuff up.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
That's not from the original article; that's from a think piece critical of the original article. The OP posted the link to the original article second. Read that. While still stupid for a headline, it's clearly not as inflammatory as it might seem.
Actually, "think piece" is giving it too much credit. It's an article for those who cannot think for themselves.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:09 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
What ever turns them on.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:12 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Its Mother Jones, did you really expect intelligent and professional journalism?

Old 03-05-2015, 05:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
I feel vindicated here in my decision not to eat breakfast. I don't think I have eaten breakfast for over 40 years. However I do drink a cup of black coffee, which some on the left would doubtless regard as racist.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:25 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I feel vindicated here in my decision not to eat breakfast. I don't think I have eaten breakfast for over 40 years. However I do drink a cup of black coffee, which some on the left would doubtless regard as racist.
Coffee is racist and for white people. You may be able to shed the racist label if you only drink coffee that is fair trade and processed and served by union represented employees.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:48 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
You can't make this lunacy up

Senior editor at Mother Jones wants you to know that you should stop eating three meals a day for reasons including the fact that it is "racist." Yes — she actually uses the word "racist:" "Dogmatic adherence to mealtimes is anti-science, racist, and might actually be making you sick," proclaims the subhead to Kiera Butler’s Wednesday article, titled "Why You Should Stop Eating Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner."

Read more at: Mother Jones: Eating Three Meals A Day Is Racist
The American tradition of eating 3 meals a day was given to us by a "racist" culture. Native American tribes did not eat 3 timed meals per day, and European Americans took this as "evidence that natives were uncivilized."

Europeans said, "Civilized people ate properly and boundaried their eating, thus differentiating themselves from the animal kingdom, where grazing is the norm." Europeans actually watched Native Americans eat "as a form of entertainment."

You should read the original article it was very interesting.

But still I believe the author used the wrong term in the articles secondary title. But is that worthy of a thread in a politics forum?

Why not talk about deficits, debt, jobs, or financial problems America faces in the future?

Last edited by chad3; 03-05-2015 at 06:25 PM..

Old 03-05-2015, 06:10 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
The real story is that someone took a Mother Jones article seriously. Nothing from that leftist rag surprises me.
Why not read the actual article and then comment on it?

And I (know) if you read the article you would find its 1000x more fact filled, informative, and medically important, when compared to the childish and manipulating conservative follow-up bellow.

National Review

Old 03-05-2015, 09:56 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
How Titles Work:
A Racist, Homosexual, Islamo-fascist Takeover Approach to Getting Readers
by ABQConvict

Say you call your article about the history of meal spacing, The History of Meal Spacing.

Short, concise, and tells you exactly what to expect in the article. With such a title you could potentially spark the interest of tens of readers some of whom will even be young enough to know what the internet is and how you can just click on the words on the screen and the article comes up!

Alternatively, you could entitle your article, OMG, Your Turkey Sandwich Kills Native American Children!

Now, who in their right mind, liberal or conservative, isn't going to be just a little bit curious as to what the hell the author is asserting here. Now the article should try to make at least some tenuous connection to the claim in at least one of the short paragraphs the fluff piece is made up of, and surely you will cause a s***storm of controversy, but who cares? You just got 250,000 hits and generated a load of ad revenue! Congratulations, you won the internet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies