Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:44 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times

Advertisements

"Footnote [28]: [The media has widely reported that there is witness testimony that Brown said “don’t shoot” as he held his hands above his head. In fact, our investigation did not reveal any eyewitness who stated that Brown said “don’t shoot.”]"

http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentc...hael-brown.pdf

The last 5 pages or so (from page 80 on) blow the whole "hands up don't shoot" theme of this shooting completely out of the water - and completely exonerates Darren Wilson from any criminal wrongdoing. Previous pages contains some interesting comments on the credibility of some of the witnesses.

Seems the actual details of the actual shooting aren't so interesting anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
"Footnote [28]: [The media has widely reported that there is witness testimony that Brown said “don’t shoot” as he held his hands above his head. In fact, our investigation did not reveal any eyewitness who stated that Brown said “don’t shoot.”]"

The last 5 pages or so (from page 80 on) blow the whole "hands up don't shoot" theme of this shooting completely out of the water - and completely exonerates Darren Wilson from any criminal wrongdoing. Previous pages contains some interesting comments on the credibility of some of the witnesses.

Sucks to be a low life who pushed his luck with a cop and got shot down.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:00 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I can't help but think this tragic though justified shooting was hyped and whipped into a frenzy by the media and made worse by the Obama administration. Was it all to somehow distract America from other scandals or was it done to bring attention to a real problem in America?

Young black men are singled out by the police more than any other race but the problem is they are usually guilty of breaking the law thus get the most attention from the police. It is a catch 22 of sorts.

What Brown did was stupid. What the angry people did to their own community was stupid. It is sad.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I can't help but think this tragic though justified shooting was hyped and whipped into a frenzy by the media and made worse by the Obama administration. Was it all to somehow distract America from other scandals or was it done to bring attention to a real problem in America?

Young black men are singled out by the police more than any other race but the problem is they are usually guilty of breaking the law thus get the most attention from the police. It is a catch 22 of sorts.

What Brown did was stupid. What the angry people did to their own community was stupid. It is sad.
Well stated.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:19 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Even for the Black men who are obeying the law, they will still have a higher likelihood of getting singled out by the police. For someone like me, who is a law-abiding person, it isn't a matter of "it is what it is". For me, it is "why should I tolerate that"? Now, I know there are a relatively large percentage of young Black men committing crimes compared to young me of other groups. That said, Black men get caught more on the occasion of committing those crimes.

Would I fight with a police officer? No. However, I do wonder about this. Ceteris paribus, one the occasion that there are Blacks fighting with the police, or just doing disorderly things, how much harder will the police be in comparison to Whites doing the same thing?

Old 03-05-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Even for the Black men who are obeying the law, they will still have a higher likelihood of getting singled out by the police. For someone like me, who is a law-abiding person, it isn't a matter of "it is what it is". For me, it is "why should I tolerate that"? Now, I know there are a relatively large percentage of young Black men committing crimes compared to young me of other groups. That said, Black men get caught more on the occasion of committing those crimes.

Would I fight with a police officer? No. However, I do wonder about this. Ceteris paribus, one the occasion that there are Blacks fighting with the police, or just doing disorderly things, how much harder will the police be in comparison to Whites doing the same thing?
I'm already hearing this is the case in the St. Louis area - the message to cops is look the other way. Don't get involved if you don't have to. Now some may say that's a good thing - but it's well documented that crime was out of control in NYC until they started with the broken windows policing. Now the message is look the other way. Darren Wilson is exonerated but I guarantee you he wishes he looked the other way.

I guess we will have a big social experiment to see how this pans out the next several years or perhaps decades.

It will be the law abiding citizens in places like Ferguson that will bear the brunt of this.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:09 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:

Internal investigations, DOJ investigations and a Grand Jury all found Wilson not guilty of any wrong doing. And yet his career is over and his name and his life are both in ruins. He is now being sued by the Brown family.

A black Philadelphia officer was shot and killed this morning. He left behind a 9 year old and a one year old.

A black Fulton County GA officer was shot and killed in an ambush yesterday. He had been a law officer for 22 years.

A black officer involved in the killing of a homeless man in LA a few days ago:

https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...13&oe=558B1F11

Other officers involved in the death of this individual have had their names, addresses, and the names and addresses of the schools that their children attend posted on line. This while the investigation into the incident is still ongoing.

A black father whose adult son was shot and killed by an illegal gave testimony in front of Congress recently. He asked the question: do black lives matter only when there is a white police officer involved?

90% of blacks are killed by other blacks.

Think about all the things I have listed, and then question what agendas (by politicians, race baiters, cop haters, gun control advocates, and other special interests) are really driving this whole "Black Lives Matter" movement.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-08-2015 at 05:54 PM..

Old 03-06-2015, 06:41 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

I get what you're saying. Tho word is Black cops WILL profile young Black dudes too, it ain't just a lighter skin cop thing.

Blame it on the hood rats who follow the "crab pot" religion of trying to keep Black people trying to take care of business in their "place". Kinda like the KKK of 50 years ago.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:57 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Internal investigations, DOJ investigations and a Grand Jury all found Wilson not guilty of any wrong doing. And yet his career is over and his name and his life are both in ruins. He is now being sued by the Brown family.

A black Philadelphia officer was shot and killed this morning. He left behind a 9 year old and a one year old.

A black Fulton County GA officer was shot and killed in an ambush yesterday. He had been a law officer for 22 years.

A black officer involved in the killing of a homeless man in LA a few days ago:

Other officers involved in the death of this individual have had their names, addresses, and the names and addresses of the schools that their children attend posted on line. This while the investigation into the incident is still ongoing.

A black father whose adult son was shot and killed by an illegal gave testimony in front of Congress recently. He asked the question: do black lives matter only when there is a white police officer involved?

90% of blacks are killed by other blacks.

Think about all the things I have listed, and then question what agendas (by politicians, race baiters, cop haters, gun control advocates, and other special interests) are really driving this whole "Black Lives Matter" movement.

A white man.

And I'm being dead serious.

They're not the "Black owned" Movement in all of this. Crazy right.

They didn't start Ferguson. Ferguson residents started "Ferguson." The Movement was already going before that though.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:20 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:

Media hype and the race baiters destroy a town for no reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies