Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the appropriate punishment for the student who gave his english teacher a marijuana cookie?
Nothing - It's a harmless prank 12 10.53%
Suspension 30 26.32%
Expulsion 28 24.56%
File charges of food tampering - up to 10 years in prison. 44 38.60%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 09:21 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

take all his electronic devices away for 3 years.. that should drive him batty..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 10:22 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Suspension is probably enough. Certainly not prison. Sending a kid to prison for a stupid prank is cruel. If further action must be taken, probation and/or mandatory community service should be sufficient.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:01 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Whatever the penalty is for poisoning someone.
How about the death penalty so he will never do it again.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
It's a pretty serious offense in my opinion. While I am against marijuana prohibition this is a matter of drugging someone without their knowledge. What if the kid had given him an LSD laced drink? What if it had been a "roofie"?
But he didn't.

What if he had shot him? Or cut his arm off?

BTW, kids have been playing pranks on teachers since the beginning of time.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Should be the same charge as slipping someone a roofie or other drug without their knowledge or consent. Not sure why anyone would think this is any different. I'm all for decriminalization, but it's still a drug.
What if it were an aspirin?

Old 03-07-2015, 11:13 AM

8,063 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But he didn't.

What if he had shot him? Or cut his arm off?

BTW, kids have been playing pranks on teachers since the beginning of time.
It doesn't matter what drug the kid gave the teacher. Imagine you were given a enough marijuana to get high without your knowledge; would it tend to induce panic? What would you think if you suddenly became impaired not knowing what caused it?

This was not a mere "prank". This did damage to the teacher at least emotionally. What if the teacher was one of those that do not handle marijuana very well?

Prank = Putting fake vomit on teachers chair.

Crime = Spiking food you give to the teacher with an intoxicant.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
It doesn't matter what drug the kid gave the teacher. Imagine you were given a enough marijuana to get high without your knowledge; would it tend to induce panic? What would you think if you suddenly became impaired not knowing what caused it?

This was not a mere "prank". This did damage to the teacher at least emotionally. What if the teacher was one of those that do not handle marijuana very well?

Prank = Putting fake vomit on teachers chair.

Crime = Spiking food you give to the teacher with an intoxicant.
But putting fake vomit on a teachers chair could induce a heart attack. So maybe that should be a crime too.

Unless this is something the kid has done before, I would maybe suspend him for one day. There is no need to ruin his life over a relatively harmless prank.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:26 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But putting fake vomit on a teachers chair could induce a heart attack. So maybe that should be a crime too.

Unless this is something the kid has done before, I would maybe suspend him for one day. There is no need to ruin his life over a relatively harmless prank.
nobody has ever overdosed on bud.. that's what she said

I still say take his I phone though..

Old 03-07-2015, 11:29 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
I think two weeks of in-school suspension (out-school suspension is a vacation...sitting in a room for 8 hours a day for 10 days would be torture) and banning him/her from the prom, walking in graduation, and other school events is good enough.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:33 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Suspension is probably enough.
If further action must be taken, probation and/or mandatory community service should be sufficient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I think two weeks of in-school suspension (out-school suspension is a vacation...sitting in a room for 8 hours a day for 10 days would be torture) and banning him/her from the prom, walking in graduation, and other school events is good enough.
I agree with both of these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies