Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 09:22 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times

Advertisements

This is an example of a person not breaking the law, open carrying their firearm where it is legal to do so, and not only having the police called on them, but to have the same person who called the police to flame that person on social media for open carrying a firearm.

See Link Below:
School Choir Director And College Professor FREAK OUT And Call The Cops On Man Legally Carrying A Gun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 09:28 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
i have seen that local, if you have a gun in the truck going to the hunting camp, or a little 22 for target at the hunting camp. I have seen people call cops. we not talking walking around with a pistol or an ar15 but just hunting guns in the pickups.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:31 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the horror....the HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Nobody was hurt...who woulda thunka it?

Old 03-07-2015, 09:45 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
I am sorry but if a person is not breaking the LAW, then everybody else should mind their own F%&*#%* Business.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
This is an example of a person not breaking the law, open carrying their firearm where it is legal to do so, and not only having the police called on them, but to have the same person who called the police to flame that person on social media for open carrying a firearm.

See Link Below:
School Choir Director And College Professor FREAK OUT And Call The Cops On Man Legally Carrying A Gun
Had this man been the next Adam Lanza, and the school ignored it, there would have been hell to pay. No harm calling the Police. While it may be legal, it's certainly not common in Ann Arbor.

As it relates to Social Media........ Free Speech includes the right for people to say thing you don't agree with.

Old 03-07-2015, 10:29 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Had this man been the next Adam Lanza, and the school ignored it, there would have been hell to pay. No harm calling the Police. While it may be legal, it's certainly not common in Ann Arbor.

As it relates to Social Media........ Free Speech includes the right for people to say thing you don't agree with.
But nothing happened, he was not showing any signs or anything.

And why do people always go to the worst...."well if was adam lanza...BLAH BLAH BLAH....

Old 03-07-2015, 10:43 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Its the nature of the times we live in. One reason Texas has a law on firearms that is about display of a firearm calculated to alarm. I own many firearms and I am not so stupid as to display so as to alarm but many just seem to be pushing it on both d sides. I also do not act in threating manor when stopped by Police I know carry firearms and certainly if told I am under arrest rightly or wrongly will not resist. .I do as supreme court has ruled and submit to the arrest and argue later. The times I have been hunting and approached by game warden :I unload my gun and lay it on ground as he or they approached to check me out on game laws. I respect the authority of Police and other law enforcement in this country; plain and simple. I mean its common for people to go crazy as we have seen over being stopped for traffic violations in this country has we have see time and against on videos. A simple ticket situation; for gods sake.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:10 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
But nothing happened, he was not showing any signs or anything.

And why do people always go to the worst...."well if was adam lanza...BLAH BLAH BLAH....
You could also turn that logic around and maybe the man with the gun would have saved many lives from a Lanza.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post

See Link Below:
This is an example of someone with extremely poor judgment and zero sensitivity. There are a lot of things that are "legal" that still require common sense. What is the point of walking around with a gun sticking out of your pants in a school other than to impress people with your inappropriate choices and poor judgment? You want to go to a gun show looking like Rambo--go ahead, but if you choose to play Ahnuld in a school or Starbucks, expect people to be appalled.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:08 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Who knew Michigan had so many idiots? Someone posted his address and phone number and another threat called for him to be hanged. 'murica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies