Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 05:44 AM

387 posts, read 588,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Mangokiwi, the US will never be Saudi Arabia. There is no other country like it. I realize to you, they might all be the same. But for those who know a lot about the region, each country is different. Saudis are just different. To try to paint all Muslims with the Saudi brush is absurd. Their laws are different, the country history is way different, the economy is different, etc.

Look. I get you have issues with Muslims. It seems there are lots of Muslims behaving badly, and that there are some underlying issues in some of these countries that contribute to the violence and extremism, or something. I am not expert. But there are millions of Muslims all around the world, and many majority-Muslim countries. Each country is unique.
don't waste your breath on the likes of the OP. these types of people are narrow-minded, blinded by hate, and paint all people with the same brush. look at his post history. he's a loser.

"You have to understand Islam, it's completely different from all other religions on earth. It's literally a religion of conquest and violence, including violence against members of Islam who don't practice the religion properly." -Mangokiwi

Old 03-16-2015, 10:42 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
don't waste your breath on the likes of the OP. these types of people are narrow-minded, blinded by hate, and paint all people with the same brush. look at his post history. he's a loser.

"You have to understand Islam, it's completely different from all other religions on earth. It's literally a religion of conquest and violence, including violence against members of Islam who don't practice the religion properly." -Mangokiwi
You know ERROR, you said in another thread that you "love everyone" and now you are here bashing me on a thread about FEMALE GENITAL MUTILIATION How insensitive can you be? I am female, and I don't care if you think I am too smart to be female. Why else would I start this thread?

You don't like me because I support Israel, and because I point out the things that Muslims are doing. I am not making things up about what is happening, I am literally talking about current events.

When I asked you if you hate Jews, you never answered the question, but you had plenty of nasty things to say about Jewish people. So I think we know what your agenda is. Being an anti semite is not cool, Error. Neither is being a misogynist. ON a thread about females being mutiliated.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:37 AM

506 posts, read 426,021 times
I'm not convinced that female genital mutilation is a severe problem in the UK, nor is there any real effort to alter UK law to allow this practice, the article that began this thread just seems like a pile of nonsense to enforce an irrational fear and hatred of Muslims. However, female circumcision is a real deal in other nations and we need to track down and execute the individuals that perform "female circumcisions", along with the individuals that perform "male circumcisions".

Old 03-17-2015, 07:03 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Some interesting responses here. See a lot of the same apologist stuff that's on the Imam killing and raping his 5 yo daughter thread. Anyway, this kind of practice happens in , so called, civilized nations with large Islamic populations, like France and UK, a lot more than is reported. It is as disgusting a practice as I can have nightmares about. Can't particularly care if its part of the culture, can't offer any dismissal of any disgust I feel for it, and the people and the religion that condone and/or mandate it and I refuse to see it from an "objective" standpoint.

Mohomedan doctrine is brutal. As to women in Islamic culture, this practice of FGM is just the cherry on top of a big jazz bananna split of viewing them as less than human. Islam actually sees women as "unclean", less clean, in the eyes of the prophet, than sheep and goats. Considering some of the practices of the Islamic men of this ilk, that's a very unfunny joke. Those caught, practicing this type of depravity under the influence of our laws, should receive special treatment, with "cruel and unusual" punishment, by our standards, going out the window. Let the punishment, suit the crime. Let some cackling , cadaverous old crone work on them with.a dull , rusty and u sterile kitchen implement, that was getting up Nash chicken just before their...procedure, and slap a salt soaked rag on the site for infection prevention.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:38 AM

18 posts, read 14,082 times
If it's required by Koran then it's normal I think. Finally, they're muslims...

Old 03-20-2015, 12:02 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Religion makes people do crazy things!

Religion needs to stop getting a free pass. If I believe the holocaust never happened or that 2+2=5, I'd be ridiculed for those beliefs, as I should be. If, however, I call my crazy beliefs "religion," then they are suddenly untouchable.

Old 03-22-2015, 02:06 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Religion makes people do crazy things!

Religion needs to stop getting a free pass. If I believe the holocaust never happened or that 2+2=5, I'd be ridiculed for those beliefs, as I should be. If, however, I call my crazy beliefs "religion," then they are suddenly untouchable.

Yes I agree, people can get away with almost anything if they do it in the name of religion. All a religion is is a set of rules and beliefs about life. Why should we allow people to commit crimes against other humans because they are shielded by the word "religion"? We should not allow it, because it is a crime against humanity. Just like Jihad. Just because a war is holy, does not mean it should be allowed as part of a religion.

People often quote the freedom of religion given to us in the Constitution as license for something like FGM to take place in this country. FGM wasn't happening in any of the religions of the USA at the time of the Constitution. If a religion allowed ritual human sacrifice, would it be allowed to be practiced in the USA?

Seriously, the line has to be drawn somewhere. Mutilating a child should be illegal, and if your religion is that barbaric that you need to practice it, then don't live in the Land of the Free!

Old 03-22-2015, 04:03 PM

725 posts, read 804,916 times
Let arabs and Muslims do as they like to themselves. As long as they are not doing it to whites or others, let them live how they want to live. They shouldn't be in our countries in the first place but that is a separate point. What is my concern is that 90% of crimes involving arabs and whites in Europe is arab on white. Their forced immigration has made Sweden the rape capital of the world. It's absolutely disgusting. Diversity just means antiwhite because those are the effects.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:07 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Wow, people are attacking those who speak out against this practice as "islamaphobes" (whatever those are). I guess the inmates really are running the asylum these days.
No kidding. I might be more inclined to a measure of "tolerance" if these young girls were willing and enthusiastic participants in this practice. But that ain't the case. This is just sadistic, torturous and flat out sick stuff. Its not a "cultural" issue to my mind. Its a black and white issue of good and evil.

No, there's nothing we who find this a disgusting practice can really do to stop it from happening, but I can't bring myself to just shrug it off as a "cultural" thing, and condone it, by rote, with apathy.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:46 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺B☺s View Post
........But I stick by my comparison to circumcision. You never miss what you (essentially) never had. Granted, it may not be exactly the same, and I wager it's a medical procedure done at infancy (just like mine was). I don't envision someone snipping it off with a hedgeclipper when she's 13. But if that is the case, well yeah that's monstrous, torturous, etc. I'm not saying I know, but I'm skeptical about your authority on the biological / medical knowledge on the subject. Maybe you're right, but I've had my head down there enough times to be pretty convinced that would be like removing a foreskin.
Yes, it's usually done around puberty (as is Muslim circumcision, if my one teenage Muslim friend was any indication). It often involves cutting off parts of the vaginal lips or sewing them partly closed, so that they can only pee comfortably, but sex will be painful.

Also, the clitoris in the girls I've gone down on is not like an uncircumcised dick, it has no foreskin, it is like a tiny gl*ns tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
.......I didn't say the Mulsims were coming after non-Muslims to mutiliate them. I said they are bringing their barbaric practices with them to non-Muslim countries. If you had bothered to read the quotes from Islamic holy scriptures that I and others posted on this thread, you will see that yes, FGM and male circumcision are written as necessary and healthy practices in Islamic religious texts. That's what they follow.

Mohammad is the prophet of Islam, every Muslim man who is practicing Islam correctly is trying to model his life after Mohammad. Mohammad is regarded as the perfect man and as the "Prophet of Allah", obviously he has enormous influence over the Muslims. He said FGM is healthy and necessary, and followers of Islam largely follow what he says to do. We're not blaming Mohammad on this thread. We are talking about these idiots who continue with the FGM practice today, just because their "Prophet of God" from the 13th century did these things. This is not the 13th century anymore. It's not Puritan England anymore. It's time to stop mutilating and killing women.
I don't think Muhammed himself said that it's necessary, though it might have been someone saying that in the Sunnah or other secondary Islamic texts. The primary text is the Koran, the other scriptures from around that time are not usually considered to be the inerrant word of God, though of course they're tremendously important.

There's no commandment in the Koran to practice female mutilations. As far as I can tell, it's mainly a cultural thing like wearing a bhurka, whereby semi-literate tribes came up with the idea in the mistaken belief that God wanted it.

It's a prime example of the dangers of proof-texting by fundamentalists of any religion. Take a bit of text and enforce it to the literal hilt, and forget about context or common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies