Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 11:21 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times

Advertisements

Sharia law...... coming to a town near you.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:24 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Good.

I'm an ultra-conservative poking fun at Liberals and their hypocritical double standard, which is that "diversity" is good, if, and only if, the Liberals grant approval and give the okay for the diversity.

Just think of it as post-birth abortion.

Aha....so you aren't capable of distinguishing between religion and culture.

That explains a lot.

They can eat dead humans.

It'll reduce CO2 emissions and free up land for green space.

How much do you think dead humans would sell for? $5.49/pound? Is that cheaper than ground beef?

What if they did?

I'm neither Aztec nor Mixtec, so I don't really give a damn.

All of the arguments you've presented thus far are Straw Men.

Culture is....

1] a shared common ancestry, and language;
2] worshiping the same god;
3] revering the same heroes;
4] cherishing the same history;
5] celebrating the same holidays; and
6] sharing the same music, poetry, drama and literature

Female genital mutilation pre-dates Islam.

Northern African and sub-Saharan African tribal groups practiced genital mutilation long before Islam existed.

In fact, you can read ethnographs on the subject matter. In fact, genital mutilation continued in sub-Saharan African cultures even after they converted to Christianity, but before they were exposed to Islam.

Who died and left you in charge?

I didn't vote for you, and I surely wouldn't.

This is a case of NUNYA.

Nunya damn business.

If you don't like it, that's fine, you don't have to like it and no one is forcing you to like and no once is forcing you to participate.

Myself, I'm emotionally stable and don't have the need to be a control freak and control everything everyone else does.

The problem is that once I give you a crayon and let you start drawing lines, you never stop drawing lines.

2 Billion people on this Earth still live in family, clan or tribal-based cultures.

They're a little behind the rest of the world.....you know, that's one reason why we have a 1st World, 2nd World, 3rd World and 4th World.

As an atheist, I suspect not.

On the contrary...I'm more moral than any known god.

I do have morals and those morals say that you do not interfere in the culture of another, regardless of the circumstances.

How do we know you ain't one of them there tranny things?

You apparently don't care about male genital mutilation, nor do you care about the Paduang, so I find your rant to be specious and bigoted.

Historically...

Mircea
I'm not a tea bagger conservative, you *******. I am an independent and I am an agnostic.

I am also smarter than you, which is why you refuse to believe I am a woman and you make stupid remarks about my gender and mutilation that you have no business making, since you're clearly an old man who cares nothing for women's rights. So why doesn't NUNYA apply to you? Geniusface?
You have no morals and saying that you do on a thread about mutiliating children shows that was a bold faced lie from you.

I created this thread to discuss this disgusting and depraved practice, and instead of just passing by the thread and not saying anything, you thought you needed to come on here and insult me, insult women, tell us all how we need to "leave the mutiliators alone" and "mind our own business" and just allow these morons to continue mutilating children.... WOW

You actually stick up for people who are mutiliating children!!! Some morals you have!!

You came on this thread to tell us all to mind our own business and look away from human rights violations, and to defend the right of abusers to commit those atrocities because 1. cultural traditions 2. religion (religion is a cultural tradition, but whatever, you wanted to get technical). You had nothing positive or constructive to contribute to this thread.

Your liberal hypocrisy shines on through. You should take your own advice and stop telling others what to do yourself.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:56 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yes, it does decrease pleasure.
And you know this exactly how?

Quote:
It is comparable to female circumcision, since the foreskin performs the same function as the clitoris.
OMG, what astonishing ignorance of the human anatomy.

The clitoris is the female sexual pleasure zone in precisely the same way as the penis is in males. In fact, during gestation, both the penis and clitoris start out as the same embryonic organ known as the genital tubercle. The only real difference is the size of it and the presence of the urethra in the male. The foreskin is a worthless fold of skin. Period.

You want to know what female circumcision is like? Cut of your penis.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:05 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I wonder how many "real" Christian males had their wife tested for Virginity before marriage and had a firing squad at the ready if she wasn't? Are they cutting their hair ? Shaving? Eating Pork? Eating shellfish? Staying in the same room with the wife/daughter when she is on her menses ? The list of abominations is LONG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why would Christians follow this above if these are Jewish laws or in the OT? I don't recall Jesus saying these things.

Welcome to show me....
I think I pointed out the "jots and tittles" quote to show that Jesus upheld the Torah entirely?

Old 03-26-2015, 03:21 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why would Christians follow this above if these are Jewish laws or in the OT? I don't recall Jesus saying these things.

Welcome to show me....
Some of us have lives and jobs outside of C-D ... I guess you didn't read Woof's post above.

Jesus didn't say ANYTHING about Homosexuality either but you guys want to use the SAME OT to support your bigotry.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:10 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
And you know this exactly how?

OMG, what astonishing ignorance of the human anatomy.

The clitoris is the female sexual pleasure zone in precisely the same way as the penis is in males. In fact, during gestation, both the penis and clitoris start out as the same embryonic organ known as the genital tubercle. The only real difference is the size of it and the presence of the urethra in the male. The foreskin is a worthless fold of skin. Period.

You want to know what female circumcision is like? Cut of your penis.

Exactly. And I am female. Couldn't imagine having female circumcision. It literally is the same thing as someone cutting off a man's penis.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:28 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
I fully support freedom of religion and fully support the right of people to practice whatever they want so long as those involved do so voluntarily. And that's the problem isn't it. It doesn't seem the girls getting circumcised are doing so voluntarily. I suppose almost no circumcisions are done as a result of the person having the procedure done deciding they want to.

Most circumcisions seem to be done on infants when it's involving males. This, while wrong to an extent, is at least somewhat humane. And in the US, and I would imagine in the UK, the procedure is done in a medically safe way. That does not seem to be the case with females.

While the girls having the procedure done are generally quite young, it seems that for the most part they should be old enough to decide if they want the procedure done or not (legally, of course, they technically aren't). And I imagine if choice were a factor, few would choose to undergo the process. It also appears that the patient is awake during most of these procedures, which I would consider to be a form of torture.

The reasoning is also quite poor. While male circumcisions are made for a semi-valid reason (cleanliness), female circumcisions seem to be done for the purpose of negating sexual pleasure as a deterrent for recreational sex. Rather or not recreational sex is wrong, this method of deterring it seems excessively wrong.

If some form of compromise would be made, under no circumstance should anyone undergoing this procedure be awake. And frankly, they should be very young; unable to walk or talk, this way the pain isn't remembered through life. And the procedure should be done in a medically safe way, the way most Christians are in the US (male circumcision as done by the Jews is rather unclean as the blood is apparently sucked off of the penis [who the hell thought up that idea?], though the process is still quite a bit more human). If this agreement were made, it would be at least a small victory, though I think no one should go through such a procedure due to the wishes of others, male or female, no matter the age. Unfortunately, given that children really have very few legal rights, their parents own them and technically can make this decision for them, in a manner of speaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies