Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 12:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

Irony is, I live in the metro Atlanta area and I hardly ever hear of sports riots down here.
No soccer team in Atlanta?

Old 03-08-2015, 12:40 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It is staggering to see the denial of the communities as they attempt to force black rights down the throats of good and decent Americans. Even POTUS talked about Ferguson yesterday in Selma as if Michael Brown was innocent and the riots were justified. Now another one in Madison and before that another one.

This is a DYSFUNTION people. It is not real. These criminals attack police officers and are shot. If it feels sometimes like part of the US has lost it's mind.....it has.
Some in the black underclass are beginning to believe this is a normal way of life and is therefore OK. How about raising your kids right, with some values, instead of complaining when they get shot.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:41 PM

105 posts, read 169,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The common thread I see in all these type of cases:
If you fight the police, you might get yer ass shot.
It ain't race. If you don't fight the police, you
have an extremely low chance of being shot by them.

It becomes racial because black children are apparently
taught that the police are the enemy and they act on it.
"Teach your children well..."
The vast majority of black children (around 72%) were raised by a single mom and therefore lacked a fatherly figure to serve as role models. The outcome is violent disrespectful humans. Maybe black men should not get women pregnant if they have no plans on being "fathers".

Old 03-08-2015, 12:42 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No soccer team in Atlanta?
Atlanta is getting one.

And there is baseball here. Red Sox fans rioted over baseball. Braves fans don't really do that.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNHot75 View Post
The vast majority of black children (around 72%) were raised by a single mom and therefore lacked a fatherly figure to serve as role models. The outcome is violent disrespectful humans. Maybe black men should not get women pregnant if they have no plans on being "fathers".
WRONG! 72% of Black children are born of out wedlock. This does not take into account those persons who get married after the birth. It does not take into account those who live with their partner without getting married.

And why only blame the men? What about the women who sleep with any kind of man? What about those who put the men on child support and then prevent them from seeing their children? Last I've checked, women are more likely to get custody of their children than men.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
The results are still the same. Destruction.
To some extent, but not near as bad as Ferguson or the MLK riots in the late 60's, My Uncle had to sit on his front porch with a shot gun to keep from having his house burned down and every major city had massive destruction.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
WRONG! 72% of Black children are born of out wedlock. This does not take into account those persons who get married after the birth. It does not take into account those who live with their partner without getting married.

And why only blame the men? What about the women who sleep with any kind of man? What about those who put the men on child support and then prevent them from seeing their children? Last I've checked, women are more likely to get custody of their children than men.
you need to quit down playing these issues, they are a serious problem for blacks.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
you need to quit down playing these issues, they are a serious problem for blacks.
I wasn't downplaying it. I was listing all of the possible variables. Show me where I've lied.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
To some extent, but not near as bad as Ferguson or the MLK riots in the late 60's, My Uncle had to sit on his front porch with a shot gun to keep from having his house burned down and every major city had massive destruction.
Maybe not the Boston riots. However, I would look at what happened in Montreal and Vancouver right after the Stanley Cup finals.

And throughout USA history, there have been alot of riots and killing done by White people, before the 60s. Why only when Blacks do the same thing are people suddenly freaking out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies