Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 11:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Clearly you are against gun ownership. Tell us how being a foster child differs from being a natural born child in this situation.
You imply that foster children aren't as trustworthy.
Foster children are wards of the state.

Fostering is allowed under a very specific set of circumstances.

Natural parenting has no such restrictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 11:32 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Foster children are wards of the state.

Fostering is allowed under a very specific set of circumstances.

Natural parenting has no such restrictions.
yes, fostering a child is a privilege awarded by the COUNTY, (not state), but that doesnt mean you give up your Federal rights in order to be approved.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:34 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Governments own more guns than any one family, who is it to deny on that basis?

Old 03-08-2015, 11:44 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
How do you know my biases? The rule could indeed be unfair as far as I'm concerned.

However, that does not change the FACT that if the couple was willing to abide by it the child would be in the home.

They are choosing the guns over the kid, and that's the end result of the choice that they are making.

By all means petition to change the rules, take the agency to court, whatever you feel is right. But secure your guns so the kid can have a home, if that's what you need to do.

The child takes priority in this case IMHO. He's SOL, and the family could change that outcome for him if they were willing to compromise.

I fail to see the argument regarding gay couples. All people have to abide, regardless. It's closer to refusing to place a child in a home unless the family got rid of their pit bull, for example.

They would also likely not place a child unless the couple agreed to not smoke in the house, or any number of rules they have in place. Fair or not - in this instance the child's well being should be paramount, even if you have to do something you don't feel you should have to.

That's the reality of the situation
This, exactly.

It is what it is. Hard I'm sure, for some to understand or accept, but that's how that system works and fortunately for the children involved there are people willing to put aside their personal needs to provide homes within those boundaries.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This, exactly.

It is what it is. Hard I'm sure, for some to understand or accept, but that's how that system works and fortunately for the children involved there are people willing to put aside their personal needs to provide homes within those boundaries.
You wine none stop against setting up 'rules' to vote, like VOTER ID, but this ones ok. Why the hypocrisy?

Old 03-08-2015, 11:50 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Seems other don't want to vote badly enough to get their picture taken.
Sorry but I don't get the non sequitur comparison, and the topic is guns and adoption.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sorry but I don't get the non sequitur comparison, and the topic is guns and adoption.
The comparison is that in order to perform either "act", i.e. adopt, or vote, one is asked to waive a little bit of their constitutional protection.

Asking one to comply with rules, but not give up their rights, is a far better option, but liberals dont seem to mind denying some their rights, while whining others, who aren't giving up their rights, by simply going to get an ID, are somehow denied.

This family, under no circumstances can adopted a child over a permit, not even the gun, but a dam piece of paper. Others though, arent denied the ability to vote, just asked to obtain a piece of paper.

its a MAJOR hypocrisy on behalf of liberals.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The kid could easily find the knife drawer.
But pretty hard to accidentally kill someone or themselves with that knife.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The comparison is that in order to perform either "act", i.e. adopt, or vote, one is asked to waive a little bit of their constitutional protection.

Asking one to comply with rules, but not give up their rights, is a far better option, but liberals dont seem to mind denying some their rights, while whining others, who aren't giving up their rights, by simply going to get an ID, are somehow denied.

This family, under no circumstances can adopted a child over a permit, not even the gun, but a dam piece of paper. Others though, arent denied the ability to vote, just asked to obtain a piece of paper.

its a MAJOR hypocrisy on behalf of liberals.
I didn't realize the Nevada state government agencies were considered liberals.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I didn't realize the Nevada state government agencies were considered liberals.
We're talking about liberals on this thread who somehow dont have a problem denying people the privilege to adopt, simply because they are excising their right, to a PIECE OF PAPER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies