Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 01:17 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times

Advertisements

The men in the vid recognize the problem and that is the black community cuts its own throat and throws away it political power. The {D} party knows they can do anything they want and still win over 90% plus of the black vote. The {D} party is moving on from black issues because they have bigger fish to fry winning over the Hispanic vote with pro amnesty. We all know this hurts poor blacks and whites because it saturates the lower skill job market.

Where is the black caucus on the issue of amnesty that hurts blacks? of course they are in lock step with the {D} party and are all for it. The black caucus is useless and the party leaders know that they can count on all 56 members? for votes on about every issue. The men are right you have no political power because you gave it away.

How about yesterday at the Selma march? there the Amnesty crowd was welcomed with open arms. You even had blacks holding up pro amnesty signs and black leaders saying how great that was. The black community was smacked in the face for the whole world to see and they'd liked it. And it is a smack in the face considering this will saturate the low skill job market hurting blacks. If that is not example of cutting your own throats what is?

I think the {R} party tries but not enough so I want to bring up one example of someone that is really reaching out and who I support by the way. And that is Rand Paul, who has teamed up with Cory Booker on trying to get legislation on the books that would expunge non violent criminal records so blacks and others have a better chance of gaining employment. I know it is not earth shattering but is is some thing that would help blacks be more competitive in the job market.

You would think the idea would be front and center for Obama and the black caucus. Obama likes the idea but do we see him pushing hard for it? wheres the black caucus? wheres their push? wheres their legislation?

Another idea from Paul is a a old Newt idea of tax free economic zones in blighted areas to lure corporations/other employers to the area. I am not sure how this idea will work? but I know I would love it too work because it would be good for the whole country. Giving gvt money to leaders has been a big failure as your vid has shown and has done nothing to improve the black community.

Paul also has been meeting with black leaders and has spoke in front of groups and it has been getting a positive re action. Do not take me wrong, and think I am trying to turn this into a pro Rand thread but in my life time IMO no one has reached more then him with ideas.

These 2 ideas I support, what are some of your solutions on how blacks gain political power instead of being chumps for the {D} party? what are your ideas on UE problem facing blacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 02:14 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
LOL... I guess someone just read Obama's bio.

He is mixed and his Dad is from Kenya??? I didn't know this... I'm shocked.

Only 2 more years, you can do it!!!

Old 03-08-2015, 03:04 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Obama is so stupid, he has admitted millions of Hispanics who will likely destroy the black community over the next 40 years.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:09 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Why is it Barack Obama's responsibility to favor the black community any more than a White President's? This narrow-minded view has to stop. Barack Obama has done plenty of initiatives for Black America (support of Justice Dept, my brother's keeper, etc.) but he's not a magician that can wave a wand and cure black issues. Blacks have done worse under Obama because unions have been declining since Reagan and his disciples were intent on destroying them.

OP, your post is just completely wrong. People who think the President has that power are sadly mistaken.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:11 PM

All of the Blacks that think Democrats are the problem just go vote Republican. Slit your own economic necks. Give away your voting rights. Just do it. Blame all your issues on Obama.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:11 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
he's been a joke for americans in general

the only people thyat should be proud of this guy is his children as they love him unconditionally

his beard doesnt like him and neither does his colleagues

i could only imagine the amount of f-bombs and disrespectful interchanges that go on in briefings etc

only people obama has any affinity for is gay people, and thats only because he is gay

Old 03-08-2015, 03:20 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Pretty undeniable that balcks as a group have fared terribly during Obama Presidency....did he cause it, that would be the debate and did he intentionally cause it would be the better debate.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Pretty undeniable that balcks as a group have fared terribly during Obama Presidency....did he cause it, that would be the debate and did he intentionally cause it would be the better debate.
Name some policies Obama has signed (from the do nothing Congress) that have an adverse affect on the Black community.

Old 03-08-2015, 03:24 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
There is one question I do want to point to. When haven't Blacks been at the bottom?

Old 03-08-2015, 03:26 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That's what politicians do. The next Democratic play is women. If you don't like Hillary, don't vote for Hillary, don't agree with Hillary then you're sexist. LOL, a black president, it was all so damn obvious to those who could see past skin color.
Agreed, I have always said I could careless if someone is purple. This one was all about race. Had the media vetted him like they have been going after Hillary we wouldn't have suffered the last 6 years like we have because he would have never made it out of Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies