Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 02:11 PM

672 posts, read 810,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
In the ghetto I arrest people of all colors who have few choices but to live there

In rich suburbs I arrest people of all colors who can afford to live there

In rural stations I arrest the white trash that choose live there .

Its not about color its about behavior...and what the population is made up of....

Interesting how you arrest people in the ghetto and in the suburbs but they become trash in rural areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 02:13 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The DEA agent said that he wasn't allowed to go after white dealers presumably. I mean, you'd have to actually work white neighborhoods in order to come up with white dealers. Cases are made in white areas the same way they are in black ones. Start at the bottom and go up the chain.

And there's no way in hell that all white users buy their dope from blacks. That's not even possible.

Again, everything this agent said in this video makes perfect sense. I can't see how it can be debunked.

If you're not gonna work those areas, then you're not gonna get the dealers. It's that simple.
First off, I agree with a lot of what you are saying.

It's a complicated issue and I think some aspects of it we haven't been touched on yet.

Yes, there would definitely be political heat brought for drug busting kids at an affluent (mostly white) highschool. The rich don't like that and they are the judges, the CEO's the powerful. Heck, look at the FBI investigation of Gov. Blagovich in Illinois....someone tipped the press off so Blago was the only one that went to prison. At least 6 big name politicians in Illinois dodged a prison sentence there.....the powerful often escape justice.

However, the major factor IMO is death\injury.

You get a bad batch of something and some kid OD's....cops are coming down hard.

Same with the violence that is associated with gangs. That attracts police attention and is probably why poorer areas get more heat and drugs go hand in hand with that.

In short, the drug problem in the rich suburbs usually flies under the radar. In the poor areas, it goes hand in hand with gunfire....which draws police and media attention.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
On average white people have more money, better access to lawyers, etc etc.

Kinda like how we prosecute regular folks for theft of 100K and imprison them, whereas if you're wealthy enough, and steal millions, you are less likely to face prosecution.
Agreed. Prosecutors wanting to get convictions to look good. Working with the police. Take care of me and I'll take care of you mentality.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Wonder what kinda time he would have got had he been black?
Better question is what kinda time he'd have gotten with a state-appointed attorney instead of the good one his parents hired.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:16 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
DEA Agent: We Were Told Not to Enforce Drug Laws in Rich White Areas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ime...ature=youtu.be

What a BIG surprise!

Just goes to show you our people in govt don't give a rats *** about "true justice" and only want to line their pockets and if innocent people get killed/injured they couldn't care less.

More videos of Fogg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvhn...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4fi...ature=youtu.be

Yeah, and white officers were told to leave the rioters in Ferguson alone.....point?

Old 03-09-2015, 02:17 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I disagree, many users get nailed for simple possession. Unless you are talking about jail time. Granted their wont be a sting operation for the person buying a $20 bag. Unless they are autistic
Yeah, but they aren't likely to do time for it. People keep saying "black people are disproportionately incarcerated for drug offenses, but black people and white people use drugs at the same rates!" They're comparing two completely different things. And anyway, this story is about the DEA. The DEA doesn't go around busting people for possessing dime bags and half-grams of coke.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I disagree, many users get nailed for simple possession. Unless you are talking about jail time. Granted their wont be a sting operation for the person buying a $20 bag. Unless they are autistic
Yeah, I'm talking about the police actually going after somebody with surveilance, informants etc. and not just busting some guy that got busted for underage drinking and happened to have a joint in his pocket type stuff.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:29 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
The Reagan Tripartite: Weapons to Iran, money to Central (South) America, drugs to American Blacks.

The inner city blacks would improve their lives by acquiring drug profits from sales to jaded whites.

It was, like, Republicanism in action.

The shrewd blacks invested their drug profits in private prisons, used to process their brethren.

Republicans create jobs, for lawyers, judges and police officers, while, they themselves, invest in private prisons; creating jobs for security guards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair

It's, like, brain science, or something.

"The substantia nigra is a brain structure located in the mesencephalon (midbrain) that plays an important role in reward, addiction, and movement." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantia_nigra

Meanwhile, the USSR fell, somehow. Prolly from lack of blacks.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 03-09-2015 at 02:45 PM..

Old 03-09-2015, 02:45 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
On average white people have more money, better access to lawyers, etc etc.

Kinda like how we prosecute regular folks for theft of 100K and imprison them, whereas if you're wealthy enough, and steal millions, you are less likely to face prosecution.
I'm still waiting for Wall Street bankers to get prosecuted.

I'll probably die before that happens.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:10 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I'm still waiting for Wall Street bankers to get prosecuted.

I'll probably die before that happens.
Oh no, you might see a few prosecuted....but actually sentencing them to time? Thats crazy talk.

A small fine of a few million is FAR more reasonable, you know, like say...half of what they made in profit from the crime. totally reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies