Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:54 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Case in point, I was charged with a traffic violation but I choose to do the right thing and appeared in court.
It's weird to me that you "choose" to do the "right thing" now while you "appeared in court" in the past. I'm not sure how that works, or maybe worked. No idea how that is possible?

Old 03-11-2015, 01:45 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
It's weird to me that you "choose" to do the "right thing" now while you "appeared in court" in the past. I'm not sure how that works, or maybe worked. No idea how that is possible?
I have no clue what you are talking about, but let me break it down and make it easier for you to understand. Like the woman I was issued a ticket and a court date was set, I showed up and arrangements were made to pay fine and reappear in court. I paid the fine and reappeared in court with receipt from the clerk of courts and the judge saw I met my obligation and I walked out of court. This is 2 incidents concerning the same event so I have no clue where you came up with" in the past"

Old 03-11-2015, 04:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You make some great points Green Mariner.

T-310 was just deflecting. His comment had NOTHING to do with what you just said.

The fact is that there are some who support the corruption and really don't want change. That could be for any number of reasons.
Not deflecting. Stating a fact. Regardless of how bad things are, no excuse for acting like an animal and wrecking your own neighbourhood.

I will not give rank stupidity a pass.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:20 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
True. But cops (on orders;I don't blame them) had been standing around doing nothing during riots and flash mobs long before Ferguson. Indeed, the gains Rudy Giuliani made decades ago in lowering the crime rate have been erased by De blasio--already.

Be prepared to protect yourselves, people.
Be prepared to be tried and convicted if you harm any member the Democrats voter base

bill

Old 03-11-2015, 04:42 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Not deflecting. Stating a fact. Regardless of how bad things are, no excuse for acting like an animal and wrecking your own neighbourhood.

I will not give rank stupidity a pass.
Another nice deflection.

If you can't make the distinction of the two I don't think your fit for debate.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:57 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is Oakland. There have been riots before. Call me a cynic, but people with alot of anger, nothing to lose, and lack of care will do things like this.
Deal with why they are angry. Give them something to lose. That should get them to care more.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:03 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
Deal with why they are angry. Give them something to lose. That should get them to care more.
That is part of what we are here to discuss. Why are said persons angry?

And consider this. Alot of the rioters are young men with no jobs, often never holding jobs, having little education, coming out of broken homes, not being raised right, and something else. If you have no job, you have been in and out of prison, it is easier to function in prison than out of it, well, how do you deal with that?

Furthermore, I want to bring something else up. I talked to some people about welfare benefits. There is something that needs to be addressed. It is mainly single women with children who get those benefits. Housing projects, food stamps, it works like that. The single men aren't likely to get such assistance. Chances are, those men who are rioting probably live with some women who is on assistance, or with their mothers. Women can be cut off if they screw up. Men, well, there isn't much to cut off. If your survival is more guaranteed in prison than outside of it, well, there is a big problem. Nothing to lose.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:08 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You make some great points Green Mariner.

T-310 was just deflecting. His comment had NOTHING to do with what you just said.

The fact is that there are some who support the corruption and really don't want change. That could be for any number of reasons.
I was mainly telling it as I see it. Angry people with nothing to lose will do violent things. Should they? It all depends if there is no other choice. Many situations, violence is not a good idea. However, my point is this. What do you do when someone has nothing to lose?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
Why GIVE them something to lose? Can't they earn it?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
At Chuck E. Cheese outside of Cleveland, a large group of black people attending a birthday party said they were unhappy that one of the machines was not working. So they attacked the staff, sending five to the hospital with “serious” injuries, including a teenager girl who was knocked unconscious.

black-mob-violence-around-country-president-spoke-black-victimization-selma/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies