Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 07:40 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,376,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is part of what we are here to discuss. Why are said persons angry?

And consider this. Alot of the rioters are young men with no jobs, often never holding jobs, having little education, coming out of broken homes, not being raised right, and something else. If you have no job, you have been in and out of prison, it is easier to function in prison than out of it, well, how do you deal with that?
With or without money? If you are willing to spend money on the problem you start by paying them to do schoolwork when they are kids. How much they get paid is a function of how well they work.
Quote:

Furthermore, I want to bring something else up. I talked to some people about welfare benefits. There is something that needs to be addressed. It is mainly single women with children who get those benefits. Housing projects, food stamps, it works like that. The single men aren't likely to get such assistance. Chances are, those men who are rioting probably live with some women who is on assistance, or with their mothers. Women can be cut off if they screw up. Men, well, there isn't much to cut off. If your survival is more guaranteed in prison than outside of it, well, there is a big problem. Nothing to lose.
How bad do you want to **** off someone that will live longer in prison than not?

It is a generational problem.

You teach the mothers how to teach their kids how to read and write. That puts the skills in the community where they can't leave. They are bond there by their kids. It teaches self reliance. If you can get money to spend on it. Pay the kids to do schoolwork. They will grow up thinking about getting work instead of being self employed.

Welfare reform. We need it. Part of it would be to get more money if you get some income instead of getting less. Pay them to work. Yes they will game the system, but at the same time they will have a job for the first time in generations.

Teach the mothers how to teach their kids how to read and write. Do it one on one. Walk them through it. If you reach the kids they leave. You need to reach the moms, they can't leave.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:49 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,376,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Why GIVE them something to lose? Can't they earn it?
It didn't work I tried counting to ten and it didn't work.

Give them the expectation that they can earn it. Without that expectation they don't have anything to lose.

Hope.

Something you would even know what it is.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:28 AM

922 posts, read 803,018 times
White Americans are slowly becoming the minority, there will be more race riots to come.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:26 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
White Americans are slowly becoming the minority, there will be more race riots to come.
Since when has the USA NOT had race riots? Name one time in our history?

Old 03-12-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
With or without money? If you are willing to spend money on the problem you start by paying them to do schoolwork when they are kids. How much they get paid is a function of how well they work.

How bad do you want to **** off someone that will live longer in prison than not?

It is a generational problem.

You teach the mothers how to teach their kids how to read and write. That puts the skills in the community where they can't leave. They are bond there by their kids. It teaches self reliance. If you can get money to spend on it. Pay the kids to do schoolwork. They will grow up thinking about getting work instead of being self employed.

Welfare reform. We need it. Part of it would be to get more money if you get some income instead of getting less. Pay them to work. Yes they will game the system, but at the same time they will have a job for the first time in generations.

Teach the mothers how to teach their kids how to read and write. Do it one on one. Walk them through it. If you reach the kids they leave. You need to reach the moms, they can't leave.
I don't have the money to spend on the problem. Not that much. I was never raised in that environment. What I know is what my father has told me regarding living in "the hood".

I am in favor in welfare reform. It needs to be more involved in keeping families together. When farmers get farm subsidies, they don't break up the families.

The mothers need to be reached, and the fathers too. We need to help the men too. Last I checked, for the men, it's either work or go to prison.

And I don't believe in paying students to do the work they should be doing in the first place. How about raising expectations.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:33 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,276,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
I think you are correct..........that is why I will never live near blacks.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I think you are correct..........that is why I will never live near blacks.
Not even Blacks who aren't criminals?

Old 03-12-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Not even Blacks who aren't criminals?
Nope........they might be OK........but, who knows about their friends and family.

It also could mean the price of property would drop.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Nope........they might be OK........but, who knows about their friends and family.

It also could mean the price of property would drop.
Well, then, what would you do if one of your neighbors sold their property, and the buyer happened to be Black?

Furthermore, whatever happened to personal responsibility and a person's personal merit speaking for themselves?

Old 03-12-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Well, then, what would you do if one of your neighbors sold their property, and the buyer happened to be Black?

Furthermore, whatever happened to personal responsibility and a person's personal merit speaking for themselves?
That won't happen......

For one thing I buy most of the land as soon as it is available.

Blacks would not want to live here.........(there is no jobs)........unless they were very rich.

I am the most liberal person in the area.

Most are just plain haters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.