Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 05:10 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
e House Judiciary Committee approved two bills this week that would increase interior enforcement of immigration laws in the United States. The bills approved include one that would mandate the use of E-Verify by all U.S. businesses within 3 years and another that would ensure that all unaccompanied alien children (UACs) are returned safely to their home countries.

More importantly:

In addition, the bill allows states to enforce the federal E-Verify requirement and incentives them to do so by letting them keep the fines they recover from employers who violate the law.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/hous...-e-verify-bill
Why does the person you are replying to keep calling them "undocumented workers" when they are illegal aliens according to immigration law? Is she purposely being obtuse? Couldn't be an illegal alien sympathizer could she? Isn't she like every other American obligated to respect our immigration laws? By the way, they have plenty of documents all fake or stolen.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It doesn't matter one iota what Congress does or does not do.

The 11-30 million illegals are here. They are not going anywhere.
They get benefits, they get jobs, they get educated.

And more will continue to come.

No President or administration has ever been successful at winning the illegal mass migration to the US.
What a defeatist attitude! Eisenhower did it. Did you forget about him? And no, I am not suggesting mass deportations like he did. I have already posted my solutions. It is because of Americans like you that we get nothing done and I usually agree with what you say but not your defeatist attitude in this post.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What a defeatist attitude! Eisenhower did it. Did you forget about him? And no, I am not suggesting mass deportations like he did. I have already posted my solutions. It is because of Americans like you that we get nothing done and I usually agree with what you say but not your defeatist attitude in this post.
No I didn't forget but I wouldn't say Eisenhower won the war against illegals.
He deported them sure..as a reactionary measure. And they all came back.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:59 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Why does the person you are replying to keep calling them "undocumented workers" when they are illegal aliens according to immigration law? Is she purposely being obtuse? Couldn't be an illegal alien sympathizer could she? Isn't she like every other American obligated to respect our immigration laws? By the way, they have plenty of documents all fake or stolen.
It's a case where if this was something the GOP was pushing, she would be against it.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:15 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
Thank you for providing this information. It would be very good news if this was passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
e House Judiciary Committee approved two bills this week that would increase interior enforcement of immigration laws in the United States. The bills approved include one that would mandate the use of E-Verify by all U.S. businesses within 3 years and another that would ensure that all unaccompanied alien children (UACs) are returned safely to their home countries.

More importantly:

In addition, the bill allows states to enforce the federal E-Verify requirement and incentives them to do so by letting them keep the fines they recover from employers who violate the law.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/hous...-e-verify-bill

Old 03-09-2015, 06:20 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,169,557 times
Thank God!

Old 03-09-2015, 06:26 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
I suspect it will take a few more trips to the woodshed, courtesy of Latino citizens, voting for POTUS, before the GOP regains its sanity again.

Happy Texan is correct; 11 million aren't leaving, no one is going to force them, so the GOP posturing simply costs it millions of POTUS votes. The Dems could not sabotage the GOP any better than the party itself has done on this issue.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No I didn't forget but I wouldn't say Eisenhower won the war against illegals.
He deported them sure..as a reactionary measure. And they all came back.
Really? And you have a link to prove it, right?

Old 03-09-2015, 08:00 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Yeah well, except for the fact that this isent 1954. It's time to wake up and adapt to 2015. We cannot deport 20 million people.

Hispanics are here to stay ... regardless of what bigoted dinosaurs may think.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Yeah well, except for the fact that this isent 1954. It's time to wake up and adapt to 2015. We cannot deport 20 million people.

Hispanics are here to stay ... regardless of what bigoted dinosaurs may think.
They are "illegals"- not "Hispanics"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies