Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 09:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There's still not a single witness who backs up his case.
I'm guessing you believe the world is flat.

I've shown you before the witness testimony from the actual grand jury transcript of a witness who completely backs up Wilson's story.

If you choose to ignore that testimony because you don't like that it doesn't agree with your emotionally invested theories, that's fine. But saying that no witness backed up Wilson is an absolute lie.

It's no wonder all of these new threads are started over this. It allows you to pretend that posts showing important facts that dismiss these crazy ideas weren't ever made.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:00 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

I've shown you before the witness testimony from the actual grand jury transcript of a witness who completely backs up Wilson's story.

If you choose to ignore that testimony because you don't like that it doesn't agree with your emotionally invested theories, that's fine. But saying that no witness backed up Wilson is an absolute lie.

It's no wonder all of these new threads are started over this. It allows you to pretend that posts showing important facts that dismiss these crazy ideas weren't ever made.
Just stop wasting your time.

Some people, even after the DOJ report goes out of it's way to excoriate Ferguson.....but not Wilson....don't get it.

They chose a racial side within minutes of the news reports coming out, before all the facts were known and will never ever ever change their mind.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:33 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,733 times
Quote:
Umm...

Maybe they're headed towards a city that doesn't prey on its residents.

I'd say the end result is positive.

Plus, Ferguson has a lot of help. And your hate just motivates this entire Movement. So keep it up.
How did Ferguson "prey on its residents," exactly? By issuing traffic citations? How else should they collect revenue? By raising taxes? How is that somehow different or better?
And Ferguson is going to become a first-class pit, in the style of East St. Louis and Camden, NJ. If you don't know that, well, I don't know what I can tell you.

Last edited by fat lou; 03-11-2015 at 10:49 AM..

Old 03-11-2015, 10:48 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,733 times
Quote:
I'm not the liar. Sorry.

Judge resigns, Ferguson cases moved after scathing DOJ report - CNN.com

The Justice Department's report said Brockmeyer approved the creation of additional fees, "many of which are widely considered abusive and may be unlawful, including several that the City has repealed during the pendency of our investigation. These include a $50 fee charged each time a person has a pending municipal arrest warrant cleared."

Just about every branch of Ferguson government -- police, Municipal Court, City Hall -- participated in "unlawful" targeting of African-American residents for tickets and fines, the Justice Department concluded.

And don't worry. I won't continue to respond to your deflections and misinformation. You'll simply be ignored. Where you have no real power. Because in the big scheme of all of this you have no voice, no pull, and no credibility.

The "Justice Department concluded." Yet they provided no evidence of this. An ultra-biased Justice Department, led by a man who has a racial chip on his shoulder that's as big as half the world just says "that's racist!," and we're all supposed to just believe it? This country is circling the drain.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:32 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
So they found ticket fixing and some making bad jokes. How about the looters and Arsonist among the lynch mob?

Old 03-11-2015, 11:45 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
In fairness, many of the worst offenders CAME to Ferguson and the looters and rioters that were local are not a large % of the community.

As such, I don't think it's fair to label and condemn Ferguson's residents OR police in general etc. by just pointing at the worst %.
but the local could of stop it, the church could of came out and holler stop it.

the local gang, school, business leader. could of holler stop it but no all they wanted was to get a cop.

the local % that you say was honest law abiding citzen, did nothing. and not all of the crowd was from out of town, majority was local

Old 03-11-2015, 01:53 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
but the local could of stop it, the church could of came out and holler stop it.

the local gang, school, business leader. could of holler stop it but no all they wanted was to get a cop.

the local % that you say was honest law abiding citzen, did nothing. and not all of the crowd was from out of town, majority was local
Many of the locals were scared. They didn't want the violent segment to torch thier house or beat them or their families. Heck, the NAACP had to protect the witnesses that had accounts favorable to the police officers version of events.

Oh, and there were people that stood up and said that violence and looting etc. were not the answer. I think you have displayed some fairly major gaps of knowledge about what actually occurred there.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:59 PM

672 posts, read 788,968 times
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2145801

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson to resign: report

Old 03-11-2015, 03:42 PM

192 posts, read 248,486 times
Quote:
We already went through the report which essentially was nothing more than empty accusations and a clerk who made a couple of racist jokes (and got what he deserved).

The report basically comprised of this:

"People said the cops are mean. A clerk made racists comments in a couple of emails. FPD is less racist than the DOJ."
Lol....the ignorance is astouding

Ferguson city manager out after Justice Department report

go read the full report where they say the judge and clerk used racial epithets (since you are Latino, I can assume you'd be next in line) to describe constituents, had outstanding debts that they wanted to levy fines to pay off (black residents/districts) and then to top it off, gave their own buddies passes on tickets.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:57 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:

Witness number please

Let me do my work.

In fact, give me a few witnesses to break down. One will be too quick. I'll wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies