Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 04:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
As soon as you liberals stop shoving it in everybody's faces.
Shoving it in you conservative's faces wouldn't be necessary if you weren't so damn hardheaded. But if you keep fighting it, you should expect pushback. And you're gonna get it...believe that.

Just like you conservatives had to get it in every other civil rights fight. You lost those battles too.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:31 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Shoving it in you conservative's faces wouldn't be necessary if you weren't so damn hardheaded. But if you keep fighting it, you should expect pushback. And you're gonna get it...believe that.

Just like you conservatives had to get it in every other civil rights fight. You lost those battles too.
Democrats were the supporters of the KKK, slavery, and segregation.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:34 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
At 59%, Support for Same-Sex Marriage Hits New High - NBC News

In the new survey released Monday, 59 percent of Americans said that they favor same-sex marriages while just 33 percent said they oppose them.

"It took about 25 years for interracial marriage to get from 30 percent support to 60 percent," he said. "It took same-sex marriage ten years."

For those who keep claiming the majority oppose it, you'd be wrong. Not to mention, SSM has far more support much faster than interracial marriage did.

People in States where it has been on the ballot vote it down repeatedly.

So much for polls.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:36 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,546,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
At 59%, Support for Same-Sex Marriage Hits New High - NBC News

In the new survey released Monday, 59 percent of Americans said that they favor same-sex marriages while just 33 percent said they oppose them.

"It took about 25 years for interracialS marriage to get from 30 percent support to 60 percent," he said. "It took same-sex marriage ten years."

For those who keep claiming the majority oppose it, you'd be wrong. Not to mention, SSM has far more support much faster than interracial marriage did.
Is the new survey support made up mainly of divorce attorneys expecting a big payday and straight people in unhappy marriages who do not want to be the only ones to suffer?

Sorry I just couldnt resist but I have said for years to the gay community to be careful what they wish for,,,

Anyway with the Supreme court vote soon to happen best of luck to the gay community and if you win I hope your marriages last much longer then straight community has managed to do. It would be interesting to see those statistics and compare someday .

Old 03-10-2015, 04:36 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
People in States where it has been on the ballot vote it down repeatedly.

So much for polls.
Including "liberal" California.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:38 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
As soon as you liberals stop shoving it in everybody's faces.

Cue Gilbert Godfry voice;

"Don't invite the Ballsacks over for dinner......their always in your face......I hate that $hit!!!"

Old 03-10-2015, 04:41 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
It's going to be legal in 50 states by the end of the year anyway.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:42 PM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
There is a third option that is never covered in these polls.....

People like me, who neither actively support nor actively oppose gay marrige.
A good number of people I speak to fall into this category for any number of reasons.

Call it evolving morals or whatever you like.... But for many people, gay marrige is just a non issue because they know it's a foregone conclusion anyways and that the country has much bigger fish to fry.

For me personally, any form of marriage....gay, straight or otherwise falls into the category of just another thing that the government has no constitutional business sticking it's nose into.
"People like me, who neither actively support nor actively oppose gay marrige. "
A lot of people would fall into that category. They vote, they pay taxes, they deserve it as much as any other tax payer. I'll say yes vs. no if its on the ballot, but I'm not getting all gizzy about it.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:44 PM

33,522 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I see, so a poll by NBC is somehow definitive proof?

I would bet you the farm that if a nationwide vote were taken today whether homosexuals were allowed to redefine historical/traditional marriage, it would lose. Much of it would depend on the wording, but rest assured still more people are against it than for it.
That is saying something considering the liberal Hollywood homosexual agenda that has been afoot for decades now. So between our school system, popular culture figures, and TV/movies, I'm not surprised public opinion is shifting.
Of course by the time multiple people are all getting married to each other, Elmer is married to his cow Betsy, and the age of consent is lowered to 14, pushed by groups like NAMBLA, it will be too late to close Pandora's box.
Future generations will wonder how such a great society could have devolved so quickly into something even worse than Sodom & Gomorra, and historians will say look to the 1960's for when it all started.
You don't like that poll? How about these others....By the way you can take your "slippery slope" opinion and shove it. Civil Rights

Old 03-10-2015, 04:52 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Polls don't mean anything, a lot of people want to be PC now days so they don't say how they really feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies