Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2015, 10:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
You aren't drawing your money out you are mooching off whoever will be paying the taxes at the time you get your moocher check.

You can tell yourself you ain't mooching all you want to but that doesn't make it true.
The Social Security Act was signed by F.D. Roosevelt, a liberal democrat. So are you saying you don't like liberal imposed laws forcing us to pay into the government coffers?

You can thank liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 10:07 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times
You do realize that Obamacare will only hit you in your income tax each year you decide not to get covered by it.

I, for one, welcome health for EVERY AMERICAN; however, I do not like the growing pains we all are going through as a result of it.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:08 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
It's not mooching because it's not something for nothing. I chose my career path because I knew it provided excellent benefits in lieu of higher pay. Mooching is a subsidy it's my tax dollar going to you for nothing. Mooching is an eitc you're getting my money for nothing. Do you understand how taxes work other than you "getting the money you're entitled to"
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's always different when it's your subsidy we're talking about. It's only mooching when it's somebody else getting the same benefit you've been enjoying for years. Because you're just more special than people who are self-employed, more deserving of special government tax breaks, right?

Estimates are that by 2020 more than 40% of the workforce will be comprised of independent contractors. That means 40% of full time workers in this country that will have no access to the government subsidy that you receive. And still, you think you deserve it and other hard working Americans don't. Sounds like a typical moocher attitude to me.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You do realize that Obamacare will only hit you in your income tax each year you decide not to get covered by it.

I, for one, welcome health for EVERY AMERICAN; however, I do not like the growing pains we all are going through as a result of it.
I do not like being forced to pay higher monthly premiums and higher deductibles.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's always different when it's your subsidy we're talking about. It's only mooching when it's somebody else getting the same benefit you've been enjoying for years. Because you're just more special than people who are self-employed, more deserving of special government tax breaks, right?

Estimates are that by 2020 more than 40% of the workforce will be comprised of independent contractors. That means 40% of full time workers in this country that will have no access to the government subsidy that you receive. And still, you think you deserve it and other hard working Americans don't. Sounds like a typical moocher attitude to me.
If you didn't work for it, IT'S MOOCHING, IT'S LEACHING. Now get some pride in yourself for gods sake.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:11 PM

The Obama era, the only time in history where people took pride in taking money from other people instead of working for it to earn it.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If you didn't work for it, IT'S MOOCHING, IT'S LEACHING. Now get some pride in yourself for gods sake.
The self-employed pay a higher tax rate than employees, because we pay all Social Security and Medicare taxes ourselves, whereas employers pick up half that tab for their employees. That makes our effective tax rate a lot higher than your typical employee.

How can we be mooches if we're paying a higher tax rate than you?

And even though we pay more in taxes, some people still don't think we deserve the same tax subsidy for healthcare that they receive. Unreal.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:32 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The self-employed pay a higher tax rate than employees, because we pay all Social Security and Medicare taxes ourselves, whereas employers pick up half that tab for their employees. That makes our effective tax rate a lot higher than your typical employee.

If I'm paying a higher tax rate than you, that makes you the mooch.
employers paying half of social security is part of the employees compinsation package for work. Your argument doesn't hold water.

Not to mention the litany of of other tax deductions you get to make while running a business.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:35 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Nope, I was FORCED TO PAY into it all my life. If I had my CHOICE I wouldn't have put it into my account. You better damn well believe I plan on drawing the money I paid into it out. Gotta problem with that?
Typical Medicare beneficiaries have consumed benefits worth 3X the money they put in.

Medicare is for all and thus the great equalizer.

So mooch with a smile!

<LOL>

Old 03-11-2015, 10:39 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post
The very reason I cannot stand Obamacare is because Americans are now forced to get health insurance that they can't afford to begin with. Employers will skimp out on working hours so they don't have to pay for my insurance. My mother has to pay for my insurance until I'm 26, and she's struggling financially as it is without having to pay $300 a month.

Guess what? I as an American do not have a choice of whether or not I can opt out of these things given to me. Instead of targeting Americans who are still struggling from a recovering economy, why not target healthcare companies who are ripping off insurance companies and bloating the bill even higher, costing them and their patients thousands of dollars more than their service is worth. How about they let the American people buy insurance when they can afford it? Their law is costing people more money than it needs to be. If I had a choice, I'd opt out of my employer's insurance so I get more hours, and more pay. I'd opt out of being under my parent's insurance so my parents don't have to suffer.

Why not instead target the lower class people who are struggling to get by? Maybe set a law that an employee who is paid up to 50% more than the state's minimum wage is entitled to health insurance benefits at no expense to them. So employers will have to either pay their workers more money so they can buy their own insurance, or buy their insurance for them.
Why does your mother have to pay for you. Get a job with your own insurance and then she doesn't have to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies