Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2015, 08:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

He won the fight but the privilege of becoming the nation’s first e-mailing president comes with a specific set of rules.

“The president has a BlackBerry through a compromise that allows him to stay in touch with senior staff and a small group of personal friends, “in a way that use will be limited and that the security is enhanced to ensure his ability to communicate.”

First, only a select circle of people will have his address, creating a true hierarchy for who makes the cut and who does not.

All of Obama’s e-mail messages remain subject to the Presidential Records Act, which could ultimately put his words into the public domain, as well as under the threat of subpoenas. That was a caveat, aides said, that did not dissuade the president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 08:17 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
It was never an issue of records as far as I know, just security.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
That is good to know the Executive Branch is finally starting to become a part of the modern age. I was wondering when this would finally happen.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is good to know the Executive Branch is finally starting to become a part of the modern age. I was wondering when this would finally happen.
I know! I wonder what G.W. Bush and Clinton did without email. They probably just had to do shout-outs in the West Wing until all their staffers heard, could be herded, and could thus gather.

That said, I'm really glad the POTUS understands that what he writes electronically will become a matter of public record. I mean, in the past, Presidents just said whatever they wanted to over the phone with no worries about the public domain.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:20 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
That said, I'm really glad the POTUS understands that what he writes electronically will become a matter of public record. I mean, in the past, Presidents just said whatever they wanted to over the phone with no worries about the public domain.
What? there is a bunch of LBJ's phone calls in the public domain and if I am not mistaken some of Nixon 's.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:58 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Even if his emails are public record he'll still be known as "The Liar in Chief". Soon to be released on DVD and available at all RedBox locations.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:13 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,441 times
So if he received any emails from Hillary, those communications would be stored. This establishes an ability to easily back into Hillary's email trail from the receiving end.

Given that, it's astonishingly simple to determine whether any of those communications impart classified information which would expose her violations of not using a secure government email server (unless of course her private domain emails were sent to Barry's private email). Then they'd both be in violation of Federal law.

Aside from the potential collateral damage of what state secrets and intelligence may have been exchanged in an unsecure manner, I can't wait for this to blow up.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:44 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Wasn't this concern raised and addressed back when he was first elected? I remember there being something about the POTUS and a blackberry way back in 2008, something about enhanced security processes and stuff like that.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:46 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Yeah

Obama's BlackBerry: This is how it is secured - The Times of India
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies