Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 08:07 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Avocado View Post
I'm leaning towards getting all the police out and then dropping a bomb on Fergusen
I'm ok with that. Anyone that wanted to get out of hell already has.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:10 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Your side has been spewing hatred towards our side for decades now. Take responsibility for your races actions.
What an ignorant, stupid statement.

I don't have a "side" unless your talking about humans.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:20 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Your side has been spewing hatred towards our side for decades now. Take responsibility for your races actions.
If this is insinuating what I think it's insinuating, then this has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:27 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Police are already on edge everyday they put on that uniform. They have no idea who they will bump into during a traffic stop etc.. With the amount of illegal guns out there and the desperate angry nothing to lose criminals, or nothing to look forward to idiots who might want to check out via death by cop or make a name for themselves in a blaze of "Hollywood glory" or the drug addicts whose brains are mush and don't even know if they care about anything, it is a dangerous world for the Police.

Imagine going to work everyday not knowing if you will need to pull your gun to save your life or anothers never mind the racist undertones of your actions however justified.
The cops might as well be going out on patrol in Iraq. At least the Ferguson police must feel that way.
There are LOTS of jobs that involve people risking their lives, and most of those jobs don't give those people the luxury of carrying a gun for self defense.

Think of road construction crew who work along busy highways, especially if the project requires them to work at night, or in inclement weather. Think of nurses who have to deal with all sorts of people who may come in with infectious diseases. Not that they would know right away, I doubt that nurse who contracted Ebola saw that one coming. Offshoremen risk their lives every day, but at least they are compensated for it.

I am sorry those officers were shot for doing their jobs, and it's unfortunate that they were targeted because of the screw ups of other officers. However, they did choose to go into this line of work knowing there are risks. If suddenly, the risks are too great for their tolerance, they should look into other lines of work.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:27 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Well, I hope they catch the jerk that did it and the officers recover.

That being said, the people labeling all the protesters, all the residents of Ferguson....are being idiots.

Just like the idiots that blame all the cops.

People keep pouring fuel on the fire, talking past one another, refusing to even find some common ground.
Not a very thoughtful or responsible response IMO....just angry moronic commentary and behavior.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:54 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
If this is insinuating what I think it's insinuating, then this has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum.
About 50% of the Current Events and Politics forum is covert racists who love to claim they're not racist, but make many racist remarks subtlety...many older white men. I don't know why more people don't just admit they're racist and be done with it.

White people never have to take responsibility for other people's action that happens to be the same color as their own. Never, but blacks do.

Some random guy shoots a police officer...it's all black people's fault. Some random guy shoots up a movie theatre, it's all his fault, only.

I don't know why whites always try to keep up the image they are perfect, sentient beings, when some of the worst atrocities of mankind history that been committed by someone of white color.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Knight View Post
A switcheroo.... but they will get their own back on more blacks as they are now more wary and will shoot faster then before.
Wouldn't be surprised to see the National Guard is called into the fray again.
Why? <bold> They weren't allowed to do anything the first time except be window dressing...

Old 03-12-2015, 09:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I was talking about the report of Ferguson police practices. There has never been a worse report of any police department in the history of the United States. That police department did everything 100% wrong.

A. Ferguson’s Police Practices .................................................. .......................................... 15
1. FPD Engages in a Pattern of Unconstitutional Stops and Arrests in Violation of the Fourth Amendment.................................................. ................................... 16
2. FPD Engages in a Pattern of First Amendment Violations .................................. 24
3. FPD Engages in a Pattern of Excessive Force in Violation of the Fourth Amendment......................................... .................................................. ................ 28
B. Ferguson’s Municipal Court Practices .................................................. ......................... 42
1. Court Practices Impose Substantial and Unnecessary Barriers to the Challenge or Resolution of Municipal Code Violations....................................... 43
2. The Court Imposes Unduly Harsh Penalties for Missed Payments or Appearances .................................................. .................................................. ...... 54
C. Ferguson Law Enforcement Practices Disproportionately Harm Ferguson’s African-American Residents and Are Driven in Part by Racial Bias ............................ 62
1. Ferguson’s Law Enforcement Actions Impose a Disparate Impact on African Americans that Violates Federal Law.................................................. ................. 63
2. Ferguson’s Law Enforcement Practices Are Motivated in Part by Discriminatory Intent in Violation of the Fourteenth Amendment and Other Federal Laws.................................................. .................................................. ..... 70
D. Ferguson Law Enforcement Practices Erode Community Trust, Especially Among Ferguson’s African-American Residents, and Make Policing Less Effective, More Difficult, and Less Safe .................................................. ................................................ 79
1. Ferguson’s Unlawful Police and Court Practices Have Led to Distrust and Resentment Among Many in Ferguson .................................................. .............. 79
2. FPD’s Exercise of Discretion, Even When Lawful, Often Undermines Community Trust and Public Safety.................................................. ................... 81
3. FPD’s Failure to Respond to Complaints of Officer Misconduct Further Erodes Community Trust.................................................. .................................... 82
4. FPD’s Lack of Community Engagement Increases the Likelihood of Discriminatory Policing and Damages Public Trust............................................. 86
Sadly this describes many police departments across the nation. I do have to say it shocks me it took this long for people to get tired of the treatment and saddened that good cops are put in the middle by the policies of their management (governors,mayors,city councils)

Old 03-12-2015, 09:12 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,272,789 times
Very sad and frustrating because this will continue to stir race relations. I suspect that we will continue to see these kinds of incidents in Ferguson. Hell will hath no fury if another black is shot in the ensuing chaos. The whole town is liable to be burned to the ground. What a powder keg. I hope that folks are getting out if they can.

Almost best if the existing police force is dismantled. Make the new one black only. Then the citizens would be happy and live in peaceful harmony.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:15 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
There is a difference between getting killed by accident vs. getting murdered. Yes, they do understand what the job entails but they don’t understand being second guessed at every turn. To be praised by the activists the police have to get shot at first. Only then they will receive a faint praise, may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies