Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe the DOJ report contributed at all to the shooting.
Yes, it probably played some role. 93 70.45%
No, it had nothing to do with the shooting. 34 25.76%
I have no idea. 5 3.79%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:09 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times

Advertisements

Holder like PimpDaddy Sharpton is another clueless clown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 10:10 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Policemen do not generally have a vested interest in promoting violence but their administrator's first task is to continue finding reasons to spend money of their bureaucracies. Thus a lot of the discontent and violence damaging our society is created to keep Homeland Security busy.

As far as shooting policeman is concerned I place the direct blame on the guy that pulled the trigger. I also blame the cop in Ferguson for pulling the trigger on an unarmed young man.

He attacked and charged. Why is he exempt from being shot? Should the cop allow himself to be killed with his own weapon? Come on man.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:11 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
He attacked and charged. Why is he exempt from being shot? Should the cop allow himself to be killed with his own weapon? Come on man.
Yes......because he was black.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:23 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Darren Wilson has now been investigated AND exonerated not just by local police and a Grand Jury, but by a virtual army of FBI agents and US attorneys, culminated in the DOJ report that found no evidence he acted improperly based on the EVIDENCE.

Nevertheless, the theme survives.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:26 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You are a blind man.

David Horowitz: The Left’s Destruction of Inner-City Communities | FrontPage Magazine
"We witnessed in Ferguson a 4-month modern-day lynch mob convict the cop because he’s white, convict him in advance of the evidence or else, and then when the evidence comes in and shows that this individual was resisting arrest — I mean how many people would attack an armed police officer in his police car, and that police officer was fighting for his life — and yet so powerful is this leftist ideology that you have sports athletes, hero figures to American youth, “hands up, don’t shoot,†or “can’t breathe,†an assault on the police force.
Eric Holder, a leader of that lynch mob, had just issued his report from Ferguson. Even though he had all these leftwing lawyers looking for evidence, anything they could twist into saying that the cop was racist, they couldn’t find any evidence whatsoever for the incident that triggered their investigation, but they have indicted the whole police force."
Thanks for this article --- it's one of the best written articles that I've read in a long time. Horowitz nails it regarding how the left has destroyed our big cities. Much of what he wrote was my own experience teaching in an inner city/minority/majority high school. It was a hard, but healthy, reality check to my former liberal values.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Holder and Obama won't. This is just one of those unfortunate things that happen to "folks." If they comment at all it will be blamed on the history of racism and mistrust that created these tense conditions.
^^^^ Yep, just more random workplace violence, nothing to see here folks......

Now if the cops had been black and shot by white protesters.....holy crap.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:33 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Nope.

This falls on the Police Department. They need to clean house and start over. The neglected listening to concerns of the citizens of that community for decades. This has been boiling over for some time. Trust needs to be re-established. I think every officer in that department would be wise to resign and move. It sounds unfair, but it is for the best.

I wonder if you would be so cavalier if your job/profession was jeopardized over a false narrative created by a bunch of racially motivated "community organizers" like Obama/Holder/Sharpton?

Old 03-12-2015, 10:34 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Last night, two police officers were shot in Ferguson.

Two police officers shot during Ferguson, Missouri, protest | Reuters

I feel that the DOJ's trumped up report played a significant role in increasing the animosity to the extent that it probably influenced the shooter's actions.

TRUMPED UP! Explain this one to us.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:37 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Nope.

This falls on the Police Department. They need to clean house and start over. The neglected listening to concerns of the citizens of that community for decades. This has been boiling over for some time. Trust needs to be re-established. I think every officer in that department would be wise to resign and move. It sounds unfair, but it is for the best.
We need a *sigh* emoticon.

The sick, putrid, and depraved mind of the criminal apologist left. It always hits you like a ton of bricks, even when you are expecting it.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:39 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Based on the number of black officers in Ferguson now, I'm guessing they don't have too many local people willing to walk the walk.
Judging from some of the behaviors we've witnessed, my guess is that many of them couldn't pass the psych screening, don't have the education or intelligence and would flunk the background check. The rest are likely employed or business owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies