Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 06:20 PM

723 posts, read 806,396 times

Advertisements

Well, White police officers who are shooting unarmed Blacks will certainly NOT be prosecuted because every time , the grand jury will not find any criminal conduct, although this series of killings continue to grow exponentially.
Question: why not just clear the grand jury stuff out of the way and allow the city, the county and the federal to bring criminal charges against those who think being in uniform is a green light to gun down unarmed citizens for free ?
Other questions:
Are our police forces infiltrated by some extremists who are working hard to stir up a race war in America? It looks like !

Old 03-12-2015, 06:34 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Why should a prosecutor try to convict someone he believes did nothing wrong? That's probably not even legal.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Well, White police officers who are shooting unarmed Blacks will certainly NOT be prosecuted because every time , the grand jury will not find any criminal conduct, although this series of killings continue to grow exponentially.
Question: why not just clear the grand jury stuff out of the way and allow the city, the county and the federal to bring criminal charges against those who think being in uniform is a green light to gun down unarmed citizens for free ?
Other questions:
Are our police forces infiltrated by some extremists who are working hard to stir up a race war in America? It looks like !
So a white cop that may shoot a minority is supposed to be crucified because of liberal outrage.

Thread fail.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:45 PM

549 posts, read 457,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So a white cop that may shoot a minority is supposed to be crucified because of liberal outrage.

Thread fail.
If you ask the OP, a white cop is supposed to be crucified.
Or better:
A white is supposed to be crucified. Period!

Old 03-12-2015, 07:01 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Let me try to explain as best but as briefly as possible. Right now there are so many moving parts that many people that aren't part of law enforcement have no clue what is going on. Even many officers have no clue as to what is going on. Let me explain...

First, we have to acknowledge that there are BAD NEIGHBORHOODS. There is more violence in Minority grouped neighborhoods. Most police officers don't want to work in these neighborhoods and rather easier PDs. But unfortunately, the hiring process doesn't allow to choose the best PDs in the best neighborhoods. Often, police get on with a PD known to be in a bad area to get training and move on to a better department.

The main issue that we are having here is the lack of real life scenario training as well as cultural training. When faced with another culture or race, many of the "bad" officers don't know how to adjust and only police as they would from the books. They can't relate with diverse groups. As result, they will drive up to a black or latino on a store front and say things that will immediately put the black person on defense. But as a result, the officer goes up another notch to combat this. From there, things go down hill. You can also throw in the deliberate "superiority and power complex" of being a police officer and much more being a white officer in a minority group neighborhood.

Now comes the scenario based training. Most cops training every 6 months and only with their weapons. They often don't scenario train. Also, even in bad neighborhoods, most police officers rarely have to take out their weapons. As a result when faced with aggression, these officers can't hold their own and resort to "fearing for the lives". They panic and go straight for the "lethal weapon". Mike brown shouldn't have died. If the officer was scared, he should have called back up and called a perimeter while keeping a distance. He never went for his taser and didn't carry a button. Mike didn't have to die but the officer clearly had no other choice when faced with aggression. So he yes, was cleared but it also means the officer couldn't take on an 18 year old. He had no training and panicked.

Having the proper training would allow the officer to take out the more appropriate less than lethal and or even go fist to cuff to preserve lives. They have all types of training like pressure point, hand to hand combat, taser, pepper spay, hand to knife, etc. They shouldn't be shooting period but it happens because they don't train properly.

There is more but you can see where I am going with this.... Many are clearly just scared little boys and girls and shouldn't be on the streets.. Police have a responsibility to save lives more so just like a doctor or a paramedic, no matter what the suspect did. It is not our job to judge, just apprehend....

Old 03-12-2015, 08:21 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Let me try to explain as best but as briefly as possible. Right now there are so many moving parts that many people that aren't part of law enforcement have no clue what is going on. Even many officers have no clue as to what is going on. Let me explain...

Yes ..please do tell me how I have no clue.. and while you're at it why not school us all on your wealth of expertise to render first hand knowledge about police work.. you know.. what department you have worked on and for how long....

First, we have to acknowledge that there are BAD NEIGHBORHOODS. There is more violence in Minority grouped neighborhoods. Most police officers don't want to work in these neighborhoods and rather easier PDs.
False.. on my department these are known as training stations and the assignments are coveted and people want to work there. If you went to a slow station your ability to promote or get special assignments is hampered because you are considered less trained and less willing to serve in difficult communities where you are needed the most.. you can get a jacket as an admin butt kissing weenie if you DON'T take a difficult assignment.. and coppers are NOT forgiving of weenies

But unfortunately, the hiring process doesn't allow to choose the best PDs in the best neighborhoods.

Hunh.. what are you taking about?... we don't choose our neighborhoods.. although we do bid for contract cities... in the academy you fill out what is called a dream sheet of six stations... very rarely do you get what you pick.. you get a ghetto station.. because ghetto stations make policemen who can perform under stress

False.. we give the same service.. from ghetto to wealth.. from gangbanger to movie star

Often, police get on with a PD known to be in a bad area to get training and move on to a better department.

False.. our attrition rate is very low and our ability to move around almost unlimited

The main issue that we are having here is the lack of real life scenario training as well as cultural training. When faced with another culture or race, many of the "bad" officers don't know how to adjust and only police as they would from the books.

False... we undergo hundreds of hours per year of sensitivity training.. in anything from gay rights to minority disparities.. we get paid extra to speak the 57 or so languages spoken in our areas// we put on anything and everything from PAL leagues to car shows and everything in between They can't relate with diverse groups. As result, they will drive up to a black or latino on a store front and say things that will immediately put the black person on defense.

What a bunch of drivel... we are videotaped and dashcamed.. we learn the vernacular of communication in the neighborhoods we work. Our department learned verbal judo 30 years ago before it was popular.. and techniques of diffusionBut as a result, the officer goes up another notch to combat this. From there, things go down hill. You can also throw in the deliberate "superiority and power complex" of being a police officer and much more being a white officer in a minority group neighborhood.
Ok.. now you really have no clue what you are taking about.. "superiority and power complex" ..did you read that in a comic book somewhere.. or your psych 101 manual.. WE ARE OUR NEIGHBORHOODS,,, and living a life of service with policy is ALWAYS in the forefront of your mind.. sure doesn't make me feel powerful.. but if I ever do Ill let you know... I learned to break dance my first day on patrol from the kids on the corner.. the same day my fto had a banger contract put out on us because he was mistakenly I'd'd as killing a banger... I arrested 57 people my first week in patrol.. trial by fire..
We learn the use of force continuum backwards and forwards.. always trying to opt for the least amount of force to gain compliance.. we are bounded by law and policy. Most of us LOVE working the ghetto where we can make a true difference in peoples lives held hostage by pooh butt bangers and criminals.. 90 percent of the people in the ghetto are GREAT human beings.. 10 percent should be removed from society. We are trained for humility by being humble.. to treat everyone fairly at the start and work up from there.. getting your ass kicked is also very humbling... have you ever experienced this?.. most people haven't. We also "win"at every encounter.. maybe someone gets away.. or lies effectively and doesn't get caught.. but you quickly learn.. it doesn't matter because tomorrow there is another one waiting

Now comes the scenario based training. Most cops training every 6 months and only with their weapons.

Total bunk.. we are required to qualify every thirty days.. we have mobile ranges that come to each station for one week per month.. and you are encouraged to shoot as much as you like.. our tactical personnel qualify once every four days. We have 30 minute daily briefings and go over in-service training 8 hours per month.. we get together in the field and do everything from mock pursuits to handling mock domestics.. every day and every second and every call is debriefed.. every report is read and placed on our briefing board for the next shifts.. trainees are required to be able to give dissertation on what transpired in the previous shift..They often don't scenario train.
Bunk.. we have Hogans alley,, simulators, force on force Redman and Simuniton training and rubber tire house.. we have multiple outdoor ranges. We have yearly tactical movement problems we have to solve that go on for hours.. all part of recurrent training Also, even in bad neighborhoods, most police officers rarely have to take out their weapons.

Where do you come up with this bunk.. my gun is in my hand on most traffic stops.. and usually pointed at people where I work... why.. because I am 3 seconds behind the guy who wants to shoot me As a result when faced with aggression, these officers can't hold their own and resort to "fearing for the lives". They panic and go straight for the "lethal weapon".Actually I usually use my flashlight which is most times in my other hand.. the LAST thing I want to do is go hand to hand with someone.. and there are no "queensbury rules" you do whatever you have to to protect yourself or others and not get hurt or killed while still doing your job

We can only use that amount of force that is reasonable, necessary and fully justified by the circumstances.. its the law.. we must also be RESOLUTE in using force when necessary Mike brown shouldn't have died. Brown was a thug who determined his own death.. but I guess multiple investigations including Holders aren't good enough and you are smarter than everyone If the officer was scared, he should have called back up He did..obviously you have never listened to the radio traffic.... but by that time Brown was already committing his felony against Darren Wilson... Today one man cars are routine as departments struggle just to keep a radiocar on the road and called a perimeter while keeping a distance.Again.. Brown drove this train.. Wilson reacted appropriately He never went for his taser and didn't carry a button. Wow.. so your a tactician too ..please tell us again how many times you have engaged suspects...??? and did you mean "baton".. or PR-24.. or ASP? if you know what those are.. and baton use is considered potential deadly force and you don't have to use one before you elect to use another.. you can go up and down the matrix in any fashion necessary Mike didn't have to die but the officer clearly had no other choice when faced with aggression. Finally .. you got something sort of right.. Brown determined his fate that day.. he got killed because he was a thugster in the active commission of a felony assault of the dangerous kind upon a policeman... So he yes, was cleared but it also means the officer couldn't take on an 18 year old. He had no training and panicked. You are clueless.. Darren had enough years on in a ghetto department to comport himself well.. He had an excellent service record.. and he did a great job protecting himself from being murdered. Thugster Brown was 6"5" 289 pounds of gentle love... ever fight someone that size?... Brown lived the life of a bully thugster... he got a slug and not a hug...again.. his choice..

Having the proper training would allow the officer to take out the more appropriate less than lethal and or even go fist to cuff to preserve lives. They have all types of training like pressure point, hand to hand combat, taser, pepper spay, hand to knife, etc. They shouldn't be shooting period but it happens because they don't train properly.
Again.. you have ZERO expertise here and your opinion is pie in the sky stuff .. we aren't going to box you and there are no do-overs with bloody lips.. you fight.. you may get killed.. that is the suspects choice every time

There is more but you can see where I am going with this.... Many are clearly just scared little boys and girls and shouldn't be on the streets.. I assume this is from your vast study of police psychological profiles and all you time on the street....Ive never been scared,, I don't remember any of my colleagues ever relaying being scared,, you don't have time to be scared.. later you realize how lucky you might have been.. we train that there is always someone bigger and badder than any of us out there add who could care less that we are carrying a gun.. which is just a liability on my hip in most fights anyway... I protect mine at all costs including letting someone escape if necessary Police have a responsibility to save lives more so just like a doctor or a paramedic, no matter what the suspect did. It is not our job to judge, just apprehend....
Yes,, and we do both.. and force is needed to take people to jail that dont want to go.. rarely do people go.. "sure.. please let me jump in the back seat of your radiocar ...I want to go to jail... please take me".. just putting on handcuffs unless the person is totally compliant.. (which happens... ummm... maybe a quarter of the time...) the rest can be a "dance around" the yard

Please.. stick to protesting and whining and leave police work for policemen who live it everyday. My department is typical of professional departments everywhere

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-12-2015 at 09:05 PM..

Old 03-12-2015, 08:44 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post

First, we have to acknowledge that there are BAD NEIGHBORHOODS. There is more violence in Minority grouped neighborhoods. Most police officers don't want to work in these neighborhoods and rather easier PDs. But unfortunately, the hiring process doesn't allow to choose the best PDs in the best neighborhoods. Often, police get on with a PD known to be in a bad area to get training and move on to a better department.

The main issue that we are having here is the lack of real life scenario training as well as cultural training. When faced with another culture or race, many of the "bad" officers don't know how to adjust and only police as they would from the books. They can't relate with diverse groups. As result, they will drive up to a black or latino on a store front and say things that will immediately put the black person on defense. But as a result, the officer goes up another notch to combat this. From there, things go down hill. You can also throw in the deliberate "superiority and power complex" of being a police officer and much more being a white officer in a minority group neighborhood.

Now comes the scenario based training. Most cops training every 6 months and only with their weapons. They often don't scenario train. Also, even in bad neighborhoods, most police officers rarely have to take out their weapons. As a result when faced with aggression, these officers can't hold their own and resort to "fearing for the lives". They panic and go straight for the "lethal weapon". Mike brown shouldn't have died. If the officer was scared, he should have called back up and called a perimeter while keeping a distance. He never went for his taser and didn't carry a button. Mike didn't have to die but the officer clearly had no other choice when faced with aggression. So he yes, was cleared but it also means the officer couldn't take on an 18 year old. He had no training and panicked.

There is more but you can see where I am going with this.... Many are clearly just scared little boys and girls and shouldn't be on the streets.. Police have a responsibility to save lives more so just like a doctor or a paramedic, no matter what the suspect did. It is not our job to judge, just apprehend....
What a load of hokum.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Thread fail.
No, your response failed because it is not about Conservatives and Liberals, it is about
everybody's safety. BTW how the trigger itching white police officer could well be a liberal and the victim a conservative.
Did you think about a police shooting your unarmed son or daughter and getting a free pass just for being a cop?
What makes a police officer's life more valuable than the lives of others?
Why don't they use pepper spray, why don't they use teasers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ZechD0qiY

3rd shooting in five days. Pretty close to 1 shooting per day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0v213GCEkc

Old 03-12-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
If you ask the OP, a white cop is supposed to be crucified.
Or better:
A white is supposed to be crucified. Period!
Are all white people cops? don't hide behind race to fulfill a personal agenda.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:58 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Other questions:
You start off with just a sub-segment of shootings....white cop vs. black.

Basically, you shout "hey look I'm racist!" in your first sentence.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies