Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 02:04 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Does the Muslim World View President Obama As A Muslim?

If this is a serious question, why would you post this on the P&C forum? If you really wanted to know what the "Muslim world" thinks about Obama, why wouldn't you post this on the World Forum, where the "Muslim world" is more likely to see it and answer your question? Or if you truly wanted an intellectual discussion regarding religious repercussions, there is also a religion forum.

Or is this an excuse to have another negative Obama thread?

It seems to be intellectually dishonest to post the a thread where you will not get the actual answer to the question you appear to be asking.

If you would like to know which Americans think Obama is a Muslim, take a look at the You Tube of the crazy disoriented lady at the McCain rally in 2008.

Jimmy Kimmel's audience got a good laugh last night listening to Obama read insults and accusations about him being a Muslim. That is what is so great about Obama's sense of humor. He turns all the negativity into punch lines.
So true !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 02:08 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Did you happen to click on the embedded link within the link you provided?

It begins with the author"s statement " My best guess is that few ( Christians) will be ( resettled in the US) , but the vast majority will be Sunni Muslims". This statement is then supported with an alleged fact that 62% of resettled Iraqi refugees are Muslim. It fails to note that 99% of Iraqis are Muslim.
Falsifying numbers and hiding facts are also part of the extreme far-right party tactics to put a negative picture on all Blacks, Arabs and Muslims no matter the subject.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:10 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
It is widely known in Democratic circles that he plans to establish a Presidential Mosque rather than a Presidential Library when he leaves office.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:38 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,549,392 times
Quote:

If this is a serious question, why would you post this on the P&C forum? If you really wanted to know what the "Muslim world" thinks about Obama, why wouldn't you post this on the World Forum, where the "Muslim world" is more likely to see it and answer your question? Or if you truly wanted an intellectual discussion regarding religious repercussions, there is also a religion forum.

It seems to be intellectually dishonest to post the a thread where you will not get the actual answer to the question you appear to be asking.

If you would like to know which Americans think Obama is a Muslim, take a look at the You Tube of the crazy disoriented lady at the McCain rally in 2008.

Jimmy Kimmel's audience got a good laugh last night listening to Obama read insults and accusations about him being a Muslim. That is what is so great about Obama's sense of humor. He turns all the negativity into punch lines.

I never venture over to those foreign country forums so it did not occur to me to go there and to be honest with all the posts on here about antisemitsm and hatred coming out of other countries these days I would be afraid to post on there about religion. I did consider putting it in the religious section but because it is clearly one of those controversial political topics I thought they would reject it. Politics and other controveries seemed the best place to put a subject that is both political and controversial.

You know I personally feel offended by the comment about the lady at the McCain rally . Calling her crazy and disoriented? Disrespectful to the elderly. I saw her question to McCain on tv . Just because someone has a different opinion than you is no reason to insult them. I would further add that the elderly in America are a very powerful voting force in the US. Do not disregard them.

If you want to know my political views you would be suprised by them. I am a registered Independent and have been my entire voting life. I am not part of any " they " that have any agenda as some of you have said. The comments seem a little paranoid. This board is about as active in politics as I ever get except for election days. Although that may change because some of the news reports posted on this board have angered and upset me. I do learn things on here.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:43 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is widely known in Democratic circles that he plans to establish a Presidential Mosque rather than a Presidential Library when he leaves office.
Hahahaha, too funny.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:46 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
How do you respond to critics of President Obama who feel his assertion that he is not Muslim can't be trusted or who do not trust his claim of being born in the USA? Is their distrust a sign of racism towards President Obama or is it a sign of distrust in the words and claims of politicians in general ?

My question is more about how someone's upbringing will affect his decisions and if his Muslim family ties have a noticeable affect on his foreign affairs reputation and negotiations in the hatred and unrest of the Middle Eastern world ?
The hatred in the Middle East is largely exaggerated. Aside from the militant groups, the ME doesn't have American any more or less than the rest of the world. They do have some of the more militant groups, but aren't overall the most anti-American, which would probably be North Korea (but North Korea lacks oil and we're afraid of China, so we don't care about them).

As for the unrest, it's getting worse as US interventionism become more obvious. Take Iraq. Prior to the US invasion in the early 2000s, Iraq was a fairly moderate state. It was stable and the people were largely happy. Saddam was a brute, but he was well liked by most of his people, just not the Shia, the sect of Islam that makes up the members of ISIS who were allowed to thrive in the absence of one of the two dictators who controlled Iraq in the last decade (either Saddam or the US military).

The ME is a mess, and that's at least partially our fault. We've made good countries worse, and bad countries much worse. Except Israel, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I've never heard that. But let's say it's true, Obama wouldn't have to be a Muslim for that to happen. I mean, they built Bush a library and he can't read.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:05 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
He is a Muslim 100%. He never converted to anything, it was all a ruse to groom him for this "soft" coup.
The lack of any evidence to support your claims just shows how insidious Muslims are. This conspiracy knows no bounds.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:12 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Who cares what religion he is?
The torture-supporting cowards that make up the American far right. Next question, please.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:

Mean Tweets - President Obama Edition Videos | Jimmy Kimmel Live TV - ABC.com

Old 03-13-2015, 04:35 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
The Gatestone Institute? Well that was certainly nutty...

If being 100% Muslim includes owning a dog, eating pork, brewing and drinking beer, and attending a Christian church for 20+ years, then sure, I guess he is.
And there are Jews who do the same thing yet claim they are Jewish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies