Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 06:46 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They? I can't answer for "they".

If you read my replies you would know.

Probably not. Then again, you didn't define "harm".

You are unable to discern the difference between a dog and a human? My dog is my property.
I agree that a dog can be someone's property and a human can't be. That's why I'm against treating police dogs like they are officers. The charges shouldn't be more severe because the dog is affiliated with the police. I'm also against treating a police murder like it's worse than the murder of a citizen.

To be clear, I was just using your statement earlier to point out the faulty logic of the police, not arguing against you...that's why I added that I don't know your stance on this. Just stating my logic so it can be applied to anyone's opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 07:05 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes they got angry. So what? It's wrong for them to have gotten angry? How is it a joke that people get upset when people abuse animals?
Sending him death threats years after he got out of prison because he killed a dog?? Are you kidding me!

If he had killed one of his homeboys I doubt most people would've gotten as upset.

Some people care more about animal lives than the lives of human beings and that very sad.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:23 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
But seriously, how many thugs kill ponies?

How many thugs shoot K-9 dogs?

The dogs need to get the K-9 Ballistic Vest

K-9 Operations Vest

Old 03-16-2015, 07:23 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It's how our society is. We get more angry when "people kill dogs" than "people killing people". You've seen how angry so many people got with the Micheal Vick dog fighting scandal. Many people sent him death treats. How people reacted you would think that he killed a group of human children. The fact that we actually have television news channels doing stories on dog killings is an absolute joke!
People had a right to be angry at Vick. He is a worthless piece of crap. A Dog is a part of some peoples family. Mine is. A dog is your best and most loyal friend, all the time. A Dog can not defend himself, or see evil in another persons heart, and they are abused and killed all the time by people who should not be walking in Society. Vick got Death Threats? So what? Some one should have done to him what he did to the dog.

People are better equipped to defend themselves and knowing when a threat is apparent. Dogs can't and rely on their Masters to take care of them Never underestimate the distance a real Dog lover will go for his dog, or any other helpless dog being abused. Animal abuse is a crime, and I will call the Police in a Heart Beat, if I see an Animal being abused, especially a defenseless Dog.

In Vicks case, they where killing the Dogs when they no longer had a use for them. They where fortunate I didn't stumble on that scene, because I would have shot them, and left them to rot.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
But seriously, how many thugs kill ponies?

How many thugs shoot K-9 dogs?

The dogs need to get the K-9 Ballistic Vest

K-9 Operations Vest
That's another problem we have in our society. Treating dogs like humans but that's a topic for another day.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:28 PM

35,001 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I agree that a dog can be someone's property and a human can't be. That's why I'm against treating police dogs like they are officers. The charges shouldn't be more severe because the dog is affiliated with the police. I'm also against treating a police murder like it's worse than the murder of a citizen.
I disagree. I believe that a crime against a police officer is a crime against public order. That makes it worse than a mere interpersonal crime.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
People had a right to be angry at Vick. He is a worthless piece of crap. A Dog is a part of some peoples family. Mine is. A dog is your best and most loyal friend, all the time. A Dog can not defend himself, or see evil in another persons heart, and they are abused and killed all the time by people who should not be walking in Society. Vick got Death Threats? So what? Some one should have done to him what he did to the dog.

People are better equipped to defend themselves and knowing when a threat is apparent. Dogs can't and rely on their Masters to take care of them Never underestimate the distance a real Dog lover will go for his dog, or any other helpless dog being abused. Animal abuse is a crime, and I will call the Police in a Heart Beat, if I see an Animal being abused, especially a defenseless Dog.

In Vicks case, they where killing the Dogs when they no longer had a use for them. They where fortunate I didn't stumble on that scene, because I would have shot them, and left them to rot.
Your comment is a perfect example of why society has fallen so far when it comes to respecting human brethren. If Micheal Vick had killed another man, I question whether you would've been as passionate in that post.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Sending him death threats years after he got out of prison because he killed a dog?? Are you kidding me!

If he had killed one of his homeboys I doubt most people would've gotten as upset.

Some people care more about animal lives than the lives of human beings and that very sad.

Dogs lives are worth a lot more than some peoples lives are, and Vicks is one of those, as far as I am concerned. No excuse for Animal cruelty of any kind. He should have got 5 to 10 years and been barred from Ball for life.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Your comment is a perfect example of why society has fallen so far when it comes to respecting human brethren. If Micheal Vick had killed another man, I question whether you would've been as passionate in that post.
I would rather live in my World than yours. Respect for Human Brethren? Not hardly. These people have no useful purpose. If Vick had killed another person, the Law would have taken care of that, and at least the person would stand a better chance of protecting themselves, than a defenseless tied up Dog would.

I also would bet that your a minority, thinking that killing defenseless Animals is no big deal, because they are "Property." especially "Mans Best Friend" the Dog....

I don't need approval to think as I want, but thanks anyway...

Old 03-16-2015, 07:41 PM

35,001 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post

One teachable moment is in a Jack London novel, White Fang. The protagonist is a dog/wolf hybrid named, appropriately, White Fang. White Fang was bought from Native Americans (called First Nations in Canada) by a person who used the dog as a fighter, "Beauty" Smith. White Fang was "deputized" to fight with just about every dog or wolf that could be found. The dog put in to fight him was invariably ripped to piece, to the wild cheering of drunken crowds. Finally a bulldog was launched into the pen, who grabbed White Fang's throat. When White Fang was almost throttled, a pair of decent people burst in, kicked the offending fight artist and sent him sprawling, and then separated the animals and nursed White Fang back to health.

While it was a childhood novel it illustrates what people should do. Not encourage another human to be ripped to shreds. The story illustrates why Vick sickens us so much. Too bad we don't treat bullies the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies