Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:11 PM

801 posts, read 1,103,863 times

Advertisements

Man gets 17 3/4 to 44 years in prison for killing police dog Rocco | TribLIVE

There were other charges included in this extremely long sentence, but all the uproar in the general public was about the police dog being killed.

Now I care a great deal about how animals are treated, you can call me an animal lover, but it ticks me off that people seemed to be elevating the status of this dog because he was a police dog. Some of the same people who's blood runs cold over a human being dying from an illegal choke hold, something that never needed to happen, just flipped out to the point of emotional derangement over a police dog getting killed.

Well I say those officers probably had no freaking business setting that dog on the man in the first place.

If a police dog attacked me, I would take that bleeping dog out by any means necessary to protect myself. Moreover, in this case, the man sentenced clearly has a long history of mental illness. This man should have probably been institutionalized in a setting where he could receive the kind of management necessary for his illness, however, people in this society would rather use their tax money to pay for the confinement of someone like him in prison than to exercise prevention and pay for permanent specialized housing. When a parent says they were afraid of their child and locked bedroom doors when the child is living at home, I recognize those words as a hallmark of a severe mental illness context.

This man needs to be sent to a forensic hospital setting to serve this irrational sentence the judge doled out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 08:14 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
"Rangos said it is her policy to make sure she dispenses justice for each assualt victim. Rush will serve about 3 1⁄2 to 7 years for killing Rocco and 3 to 7 1⁄2 years each for stabbing Lerza and punching the other officers. The judge gave him 2/ 1⁄2 to 7 years for attempting to take an officer's gun"

Old 03-13-2015, 08:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Man gets 17 3/4 to 44 years in prison for killing police dog Rocco | TribLIVE

There were other charges included in this extremely long sentence, but all the uproar in the general public was about the police dog being killed.

Now I care a great deal about how animals are treated, you can call me an animal lover, but it ticks me off that people seemed to be elevating the status of this dog because he was a police dog. Some of the same people who's blood runs cold over a human being dying from an illegal choke hold, something that never needed to happen, just flipped out to the point of emotional derangement over a police dog getting killed.

Well I say those officers probably had no freaking business setting that dog on the man in the first place.

If a police dog attacked me, I would take that bleeping dog out by any means necessary to protect myself. Moreover, in this case, the man sentenced clearly has a long history of mental illness. This man should have probably been institutionalized in a setting where he could receive the kind of management necessary for his illness, however, people in this society would rather use their tax money to pay for the confinement of someone like him in prison than to exercise prevention and pay for permanent specialized housing. When a parent says they were afraid of their child and locked bedroom doors when the child is living at home, I recognize those words as a hallmark of a severe mental illness context.

This man needs to be sent to a forensic hospital setting to serve this irrational sentence the judge doled out.

If you have not noticed lately. We are not allowed to protect ourselves, against the corporate security guards. We must lay down and take it, even if it means our own death.
Did you know, oppressed Blacks, have their very own Chris Kyle. (3½ blocks away, with a small caliber handgun)

It is happening people.... The police state is quickly becoming the enemy of the free state.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:24 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
How much of the sentence was for killing the police-dog???

Old 03-13-2015, 08:26 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
OP defending a child molester...pretty sad.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:27 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
How much of the sentence was for killing the police-dog???
it wasn't a police dog by law, it was a police officer with a wet nose and tail. its still killing a police officer

Old 03-13-2015, 08:29 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you have not noticed lately. We are not allowed to protect ourselves, against the corporate security guards. We must lay down and take it, even if it means our own death.
Did you know, oppressed Blacks, have their very own Chris Kyle. (3½ blocks away, with a small caliber handgun)

It is happening people.... The police state is quickly becoming the enemy of the free state.
What a crock of crap you spout about police ... what is the basIs
of your agenda . ... why do you hate police so much

Are you condoning violence against police ?

It's happening people . ... criminal and radical elements of our society enabled by liberal media and supported by soros money and race baiters are fomenting unrest and terror domestically

Old 03-13-2015, 08:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Would would let a dog bite them and hang on. Last dog that did that to me, got double lunged with my knife, when I was 14.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:38 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
OP defending a child molester...pretty sad.
Sad beyond belief.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:39 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
OP, you seem to be against the length of this violent criminal's sentencing. He earned every year that was doled out. Police dogs are considered officers and Rocco will be on Officer Down if he is not already listed. There seems to be nothing redeeming in the criminal's life, even his own mother was deathly afraid of him. You seem to want to dismiss it as mental illness but based on this article I am not so sure of that. For the sake of society he needs to be removed. Good riddance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies