Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 09:01 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Welcome to Islam, the "religion of peace," respecter of women.

How Leftist can defend these sub-human scum bags is beyond comprehension. But they do.
I have had a leftist actually argue to my face that Sharia Law and the Middle East is very pro-women's rights and in some ways more so than the US...unreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 09:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroZombie View Post
I'm thinking you're going to get schooled by the politically correct crowd. Rule #1 from the PC handbook: Islam and all those who follow their faith can do no wrong.
Of course, Christians are another matter.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:03 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:

How Leftist can defend these sub-human scum bags is beyond comprehension. But they do.
Quote:
Yet, Leftists think it's just fine to allow Sharia law here in the USA.
what a crock of bs. you got any link that leds to the ASSumption? has the democratic party put this on their agenda?

Old 03-14-2015, 09:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
and what do you want us to do about it?
If the US gave a rat's rear about global human rights issues, it would have been all over Africa, long ago.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:04 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Show me a leftist who defends the murder of a five year old girl.
Not who you were talking to, but some leftists will argue for cultural relativism and say that you can't judge a culture or even Sharia Law, etc. I have had a leftist argue to my face that women have as much if not more rights under Sharia then in the US. ALL BS. These same leftists will then freak out if Mitt Romney asked a women's organization for female candidates and then got a binder full of women's resumes so that he can HIRE THEM and GIVE THEM JOBS.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And they would like that law to be legal in the US.
Who is " they"?

How many of " them" want to see these kind of laws in the US?

Old 03-14-2015, 09:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Shadowne,
But good liberals say that he was in fact found guilty and served nearly 5 months in jail before being set free!

How dare you criticize Sharia Law, you are so backwards and unsophisticated to not buy in to cultural relativism - you can't judge another culture, so we should have no problem transplanting Sharia Law here!
The argument was it is O.K. It seems it isn't eh?

I can even argue that some aspects are less barbaric.

In line with Sharia'a Law, a father cannot be executed for the slaying of either his wife or any of his children.

I believe that no one has the right to take the life of another outside of self defense. Here we might strap him to a bed and inject him with chemicals to kill him. But that's cool, right? Kill em. Kill em. Kill em. We see it here (and elsewhere) all the time. Kill them all.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:

How anyone can use a broad brush to paint an entire major religion, any religion, is beyond comprehension.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Yet, Leftists think it's just fine to allow Sharia law here in the USA.
I guess about half the country is " leftist". Can you name just one that advocates for Sharia Law?

Old 03-14-2015, 09:19 AM

96 posts, read 85,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I guess about half the country is " leftist". Can you name just one that advocates for Sharia Law?
First of all, I need to make it clear that I have very liberal ideals in me.

I don't think Sharia Law will ever become law of the land. That said, what many conservatives as well as myself are afraid of is the PC culture these days on the issue of Islam. The ultra-conservatives of Islam have taken over most of it. Unlike in the US where our religious nuts are loud but hold little power, their religious nuts actually hold all the power.

It really doesn't help when any criticism of what Muslims do is met with fervent defense by the PC police.

Why can't we criticize people who do bad things in the name of Islam? Why can't we criticize Islam?

In this specific case, we're not talking about some fringe group or ISIS here. We're talking about the mainstream court of law in a major country in the Middle East here.

And I'm willing to bet 100% of what I have that following my post will draw very angry PC people who think it is a forbidden subject for me to say that I'm scared more of Islamic conservatives than Christian conservatives. At least we have our conservatives tight in a leash. Their conservatives have made it the norm to execute gay people and made honor killing law of the land.

Islam is not a religion of peace like they want us to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies