Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 01:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
A judge in Oklahoma ruled that they couldn't ban Sharia law.
Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor believes Sharia should be allowed in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How anyone can use a broad brush to paint an entire major religion, any religion, is beyond comprehension.
This shows you know nothing about Islam. Perhaps it's time for you to do some study? Are you totally unaware of Islamic law, and how it applies to women? This case is typical. I suggest you start educating yourself on Islam.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:30 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Absolute nut jobs!

Old 03-14-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This happened in 2012. He was sentenced to 8 years in prison and 600 lashes.

It's not clear if he was intended for release or actually released ( conflicting stories) and the royal family intervened due to public outrage and demand he be put to death. It's not clear if he remains in prison, or not.

The US has a 50 year relationship with SA and overlooks human rights issues. We supply them and other ME countries with military equipment and support ( to protect them from Israel) and they trade oil in USD.
Islamic women who have been raped may be stoned to death. If they are even thought to have been unfaithful (without any proof), they may be stoned to death. If they are thought not to be virgin they may be stoned to death.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's the middle east.

This is who they are and that is what they do. They've been like that for thousands of years. Very unlikely that they'll suddenly become civilized.
Oh, but, I was told that that is "painting with a broad brush."

People are so ignorant about Islam. They are willing to accept them here, yet are clueless as to what Muslims believe.

Better wise up, America, before it's to late (and the hour is already late).

Old 03-14-2015, 02:04 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You defend the murder of babies in the womb, don't you? And you defend Islam as "a religion of peace." You cannot defend Islam and claim not to defend what they believe. Think on that.
No, I don't defend the murder of babies. I do support a woman's right to choose, however. And I have never made the claim the Islam is a religion of peace, any more than I ever claimed that Christianity is a religion of peace. There are peaceful people in every religion, and there are monsters in every religion. I don't declare myself to be better than the whole of an entire culture for the acts of a small segment of that culture. You do that. Think on that.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:06 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No, I don't defend the murder of babies. I do support a woman's right to choose, however. And I have never made the claim the Islam is a religion of peace, any more than I ever claimed that Christianity is a religion of peace. There are peaceful people in every religion, and there are monsters in every religion. I don't declare myself to be better than the whole of an entire culture for the acts of a small segment of that culture. You do that. Think on that.
There are "monsters" in all walks of life.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:10 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They did consider him guilty of murder, so what exactly is your point here?

Well, at least he didn`t refuse to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex marriage ceremony like the American Taliban does!

Old 03-14-2015, 02:10 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist
Under Sharia law, a man can kill his wife or children.
Maybe so but under KARMIC LAW,they will be paid back!!!

Very sad

Old 03-14-2015, 02:13 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,145,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yet, Leftists think it's just fine to allow Sharia law here in the USA.
Why do people keep saying this all the time? Where did this even come from? Do you people just make this stuff up for talking points? I am as leftist as any liberal here, and I find that man's actions reprehensible and worthy of death, and I certainly won't hesitate to judge him and his culture, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies