Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 09:35 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
=Fiyero;38842498]You're going to make it as difficult as possible? Lol, what power do you think you have? You already lost.
A vote. In Texas. How have I lost?

Old 03-16-2015, 10:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
This is a political web site not a gay thread. Do you really got so graphic? Your post should be deleted.
You're so wrong. I can't pinpoint why there is so much hatred and resentment directed at gays, unless some people find their sex acts to be quite grossly offensive. To me, I don't see why I'm supposed to be hateful or prejudiced against gays getting equal rights, including marriage. This is because it's none of my personal business what consenting adults do in the loving privacy of their bedrooms.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:05 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You're so wrong. I can't pinpoint why there is so much hatred and resentment directed at gays, unless some people find their sex acts to be quite grossly offensive. To me, I don't see why I'm supposed to be hateful or prejudiced against gays getting equal rights, including marriage. This is because it's none of my personal business what consenting adults do in the loving privacy of their bedrooms.
Some folks just have to have a group to hate. It's not cool to say in a public forum say you hate blacks, jews, Mexicans... but it is still somewhat OK to say you hate gays an not get so much flack.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:07 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
A vote. In Texas. How have I lost?
Honey it's all over but the crying.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:14 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
There is one giant problem with this, I assume you are a married straight woman. What if the state next to you decided to make all marriage illegal and anyone who is married in another state no longer valid. Are you still married when you visit that state? The answer is yes because it doesn't matter which state you get married in, you do not need to register your marriage in every state you visit. That would make marriage an interstate license.

And as the rest of your post points out, there is nothing that should allow states to deny select people from being able to have a marriage.

So if state X issues operator permits to people over the age of 90 but state Y doesn`t allow anyone over 90 to drive, does my 91 year-old great grandfather get to drive in state Y because he can in state X?

The reason each state has their own state legislature is because they are free to write their own laws.

The Constitution is merely a compact between the states.

The states didn`t stop being states when the Constitution was ratified.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:20 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
Men are not designed (by nature) to live together for the rest of their lives.
There are some exceptions but extremely rare. Marriage does not make a lot of sense.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:23 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So if state X issues operator permits to people over the age of 90 but state Y doesn`t allow anyone over 90 to drive, does my 91 year-old great grandfather get to drive in state Y because he can in state X?

The reason each state has their own state legislature is because they are free to write their own laws.

The Constitution is merely a compact between the states.

The states didn`t stop being states when the Constitution was ratified.
I didn't realize we had to renew our marriage licenses every 5 years.

I do see you deflected from my question. If the state next to you makes all marriage illegal, but you were not married in that state, is your marriage still legal in the state next to yours? The correct answer is yes, your marriage should be legal no matter what state you are in.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:24 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,815,136 times
Thanks to all who have given an answer to my question. I am not going to debate anyone here because that was not my reason for me asking the question. All I wanted was to learn what people are thinking. So again, thanks!

Now for another question.

This is for those who are against gay people having the right to marry.

If two consenting adults of the same gender do get married, how would this effect you negatively?

Old 03-17-2015, 12:51 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post

If two consenting adults of the same gender do get married, how would this effect you negatively?
Because it affects the society, and everybody is a part of the society?
You really think those things are isolated, independent with other issues?

Old 03-17-2015, 02:01 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Because it affects the society, and everybody is a part of the society?
You really think those things are isolated, independent with other issues?
How does it affect society? My spouse and I have been together for 36 years, if anything that is positive for society. How does our marriage affect anyone, how does a straight marriage affect anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies