Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 05:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,536,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
All depends on how we get there.

I personally oppose same-sex marriage.
Why is that? Because you find all sex acts gays do to be grossly repugnant? But what if I find a straight couple who engage in oral anal sex to be grossly repugnant to my senses, yet I think it's okay for straight people who do that to get married. Am I wrong?

Old 03-16-2015, 05:54 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,863,381 times
Default You asked? Kitchen too hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ
The reason why people are against Gay Marriage because it goes against most peoples values.
Not true. Just because most people you know think as you do, it does not follow that most americans think as you do.

Support for Gay Marriage Hits All-Time High — WSJ/NBC News Poll - Washington Wire - WSJ

Quote:
Marriage is not a perfect institute, but the Marriage between Man and women has been the gold stand since ever!

Also it offends Christians and a good Christian will not support a sin or a abomination against God.

This isn't true either, quite a few christans support SSM. But even if it was true, so what?
Don not confuse politeness for acceptance. Its still a sin and that I why Civil Unions are designed by flawed men and women. Besides Christians and Godly Bases Churches, we want to start a dialogue so it opens the door for the Good Lord to Change a Sinful life.

Quote:
More and More states have been forced thru legal action and even over turn the voters will , One Man and One woman. The gay community has sued their way and have forced changed in Traditional Christian cities and States. Now there is Civil Unions and a few states like Oregon have the nerve to call it marriage.

All legal marriages in this country are civil unions, and always have been. The state issues you a marriage license, and always has. Most of us are perfectly fine with this state of affairs.
Again a law by man and the US Constitution protects all, no matter who it is. Civil Unions has been a revenue source for state and counties. don't fool yourself thinking they are doing you a favor.

Quote:
It is the belief of the Gay Community is looking for more a legal victory.

Which they will soon have. And it's long overdue.

The Line is in the sand and it will be for a long time. One cannot force people to accept with full approval, which you are seeking.

Quote:
They wish to be accepted by all as normal behavior. That's why recently I have noticed more post toward Conservatives to earn and win acceptance beyond what the court dictates.

No, the anti-SSM forces are losing ground.
Matter of fact the Churches and Christian groups are reinforcing the Institution of Marriage and more and more couples are getting Married for the right reason. Just not because you are the Football Player and she is a Cheerleader. Life is way more complicated than that.

Quote:
I was raised in a rural town in Missouri (More corn and soy bean than people) with very traditional views and no one even knew a gay person.

Plus it just does not look right?

Horseless carriages did not "look right" either. Yet, we managed to adjust.

Thank you for the opportunity to once again refute your tired out and non-factual arguments.

You asked peoples opinion and I hate to break it to you but most Conservatives do support the reasoning I have outlined for you and others. Plus the Gay life style cannot hold a candle to a Strong Marriage. One Man and One women and the blissful life of raising kids.

I am puzzle ? what kind of answer were you looking for?

Old 03-16-2015, 05:58 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,863,381 times
Default Stop it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why is that? Because you find all sex acts gays do to be grossly repugnant? But what if I find a straight couple who engage in oral anal sex to be grossly repugnant to my senses, yet I think it's okay for straight people who do that to get married. Am I wrong?

This is a political web site not a gay thread. Do you really got so graphic? Your post should be deleted.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:24 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,545,817 times
Quote:
=Seacove;38840527]I commend your honesty. All Republicans should run on that platform rather than pretending otherwise.
Actually, I am not being honest, I am being ironic. And I am not a Republican. I am a State's Right's Southern Conservative.

Whatever it is, I do not accept a redefinition of marriage to be man and man and woman and woman.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:28 PM

22,140 posts, read 19,367,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Yes Christian and do accept sinful people and that's there is need for Forgiveness and Redemption. But, one does accept a sin no what flavor it is or how political correct, it may be. It does not mean one goes to a gay marriage of visit a Satan Meeting either.

1. We aren't a Theocracy.

2. Not everyone including not all Christians agree on what is a sin and what isn't.

3. Someone could think something is a sin and/or morally wrong without thinking it should be illegal.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:31 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,237,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Actually, I am not being honest, I am being ironic. And I am not a Republican. I am a State's Right's Southern Conservative.

Whatever it is, I do not accept a redefinition of marriage to be man and man and woman and woman.
Same Sex Marriage will happen rather you accept it or not.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,917,273 times
In all likelihood,yes, okie1962, as SCOTUS will decide it soon.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:42 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,731,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
The problem is that I am a homophobe, a bigot, a reactionary, and I just don't want same-sex marriage to be elevated to the level of male and female. I am going to make it as difficult as possible as possible to redefine it.

What more need I say? If my position is that I am all the above? Then I am all the above. I am proud of of that,
You're going to make it as difficult as possible? Lol, what power do you think you have? You already lost.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:57 PM

12,309 posts, read 8,038,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
1. We aren't a Theocracy.

2. Not everyone including not all Christians agree on what is a sin and what isn't.

3. Someone could think something is a sin and/or morally wrong without thinking it should be illegal.
However the post he was responding to was a professing Catholic talking of Catholic doctrine that was claimed to have been learned from nuns just as Speaker Polosi tried to do concerning supporting abortion on demand, thus everybody's opinion is moot as the Catholic church is not a democracy. The individual message board member can give their own political opinion it is dishonest to say an institution which he belongs to holds that position when they have printed materials and leaders who are deputized to give the official position saying the opposite.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:33 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,545,817 times
Quote:
=okie1962;38842372]Same Sex Marriage will happen rather you accept it or not.
Probably. It won't change my mind though. Which is all that matters to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies