Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 09:32 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

GOOD the racist POS
needs to loose his job!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 09:59 AM

23,542 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's the very kind of speech the 1st Amendment was written for. The 1st wasn't written to protect popular speech. But let's make an "example" out of him for speaking out of line. Maybe 50 lashes on top of everything?

I don't know but I'm going to guess that in the past you have talked fondly of the founding fathers. You could use a talk with them.
sheesh!

no 1st ammendment attack!

An eaxample of him means having an open discussion to follow his logic and that of the leagal system.

How do you read that as supressing his right to speak?

He can say what he wants and what he says is doing harm, would you not want to attempt to discuss his views when you know they were incorrect and do so in a forum where others can then decide if their views might not be swayed.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:00 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
A clerk for a city or town is entry level. He lied about his position and he is promulgating lies about the police. If this is a first offense then an unpaid suspension is in order. That being said, I have a very strong feeling that this guy is a problem employee.
This is one of his Tweets .......

Headed to the #Fergsuon Police Station to do what I do best. AGITATE! #ProfessionalAgitator #HandsUpDontShoot #NoJusticeNoPeace

— JOHN C. MUHAMMAD (@JOHNCMUHAMMAD) March 13, 2015

The same crowd that invented the false "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" fairy tale and now busy on a new conspiracy .... They are pushing hard that the latest Cop Shooting was actually done by Cops.
Professional Agitators is a growing 'profession', they all want in on the action.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
sheesh!

no 1st ammendment attack!

An eaxample of him means having an open discussion to follow his logic and that of the leagal system.

How do you read that as supressing his right to speak?
What I replied to was the idea that he should be fired, not debated.

Quote:
He can say what he wants and what he says is doing harm, would you not want to attempt to discuss his views when you know they were incorrect and do so in a forum where others can then decide if their views might not be swayed.
Sorry, I won't allow you to change the subject and get me to bite.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:38 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This is one of his Tweets .......

Headed to the #Fergsuon Police Station to do what I do best. AGITATE! #ProfessionalAgitator #HandsUpDontShoot #NoJusticeNoPeace

— JOHN C. MUHAMMAD (@JOHNCMUHAMMAD) March 13, 2015

The same crowd that invented the false "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" fairy tale and now busy on a new conspiracy .... They are pushing hard that the latest Cop Shooting was actually done by Cops.
Professional Agitators is a growing 'profession', they all want in on the action.
I got rid of my washing machine with an agitator. It was a piece of garbage that kept destroying my clothes. Agitators aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Seriously, you cannot blame the guy as he watches Al Shakedown living large and avoiding taxes. More and more are going to want in on that action.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:41 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
A clerk for a city or town is entry level. He lied about his position and he is promulgating lies about the police. If this is a first offense then an unpaid suspension is in order. That being said, I have a very strong feeling that this guy is a problem employee.
In most of the 24:1 area municipalities, city clerk is the highest municipal position (sometimes it is the only non-police municipal position). Most of these cities are 4th class municipalities rather than charter cities, so they cannot have a manager-council form of government, but rather have a "strong mayor" government with the appointed city clerk running all the day to day operations of the city (Uplands Park is less than 500 people).

Uplands Park is actually a relatively affluent city. Median household income is around $60k and less than 5% live in poverty. This might not seem like, much, but consider that the largest adjacent city, Pine Lawn, has a median household income of $23k respectively and 36.9% in poverty. Both cities are 95%+ African-American.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:47 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
My FANTASY is....for some high-profile conservative, to go after ALL the people who make totally awful and disgusting remarks about them and their families online. Hire some real IT pro to identify the people making vile, disgusting and many times threatening remarks....and send those remarks to their employer and/or law-enforcement if applicable.......do it for as many as possible.

Huffingtonpost is probably the worst for vile and nasty posts that personally attack conservatives. It used to be OK when the forums were hosted in-house. But since they went to Facebook as their forum-host......it has become quite disgusting, must like Democraticunderground and similar
Left-wing sites.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:11 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Who cares? How well does he do his job is what matters.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:41 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
If an entire fraternity is disbanded and members threatened for expulsion for doing something a fraction as stupid, this public employee should loose his cushy job on the backs of the taxpayer. Stupid is reason for dismissal.

Old 03-15-2015, 10:40 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
I do agree he should lose his job, just as I agree it was correct to expel the University of Oklahoma racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies