Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:15 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Instituting Western style democracy in the ME is a beard.
This has always been about the petrodollar.
I dunno, bush 2 at least seemed like a true believer to me. Not to mention many (most?) of his supporters.

Although it is indubitably true that if the ME's main export was sugar beets, no one would give a rip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 08:19 PM

104 posts, read 83,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
True patriots know when the country is being led by people who have an agenda that is anti-American.
The thing is, some people choose to arbitrarily define any action of this President as anti-American though he has been powerfully good for our county. Then the next step is to define an act of treason as a patriotic act. At least quite a number of the signers have now admitted it was a bad decision and a terrible precedent.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbutterfly View Post
The thing is, some people choose to arbitrarily define any action of this President as anti-American though he has been powerfully good for our county. Then the next step is to define an act of treason as a patriotic act. At least quite a number of the signers have now admitted it was a bad decision and a terrible precedent.
Sorry, I disagree. Obama has been a disaster for this country.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
You will have to excuse me for not thinking you are more knowledgeable than most. Only an idiot would trust Iran.
I have no reason to distrust Iran.

Iran is no threat to me or my country.
Quote:
Sorry, I disagree. Obama has been a disaster for this country.
You mean a disaster for you. Speak for yourself. If you're not doing very well, which is obviously the case, do something about it and quit playing the victim card.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:48 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You could start by reading the Constitution.

Here`s a link...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution

I did. Nothing. Apparently it's legal for traitors to be elected as senators.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
True patriots know when the country is being led by people who have an agenda that is anti-American.

Look...

That incredibly dumb Cotton(R-AR)-led letter to Iran got all those signatures because those Pub senators were in a hurry to get out of DC on a Friday night before they got snowed in. They would have signed anything to get to the airport on time.

Now, more than few realize they have egg on their faces.

Lots of gooey, stupid egg.

Iran letter blowback startles GOP - Burgess Everett - POLITICO

McCain, Rand Paul roll out new excuses for sabotage letter | MSNBC

GOP Didn't Expect Iran Letter Backlash

That egg's not gonna wash off easily.

Old 03-16-2015, 06:13 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
I object to the stupidty of thinking one can negotiate any kind of a deal with a nation that sponsors terrorism.The premise is absurd. Next...........
I'm especially encouraged by the GOP's patriotic record on halting a terrorist-sponsoring regime from developing, testing and deploying nukes.

North Korea...

Ever heard of them?

Old 03-16-2015, 06:19 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
I object to the stupidty of thinking one can negotiate any kind of a deal with a nation that sponsors terrorism.The premise is absurd. Next...........
The right wing in Iran agrees with you, who wants to negotiate with a country that had their democratically elected leader assassinated, invaded Iraq & Afghanistan and assisted in installing new leadership in Egypt & Libya. Why would anyone to trust the US.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Look...

That incredibly dumb Cotton(R-AR)-led letter to Iran got all those signatures because those Pub senators were in a hurry to get out of DC on a Friday night before they got snowed in. They would have signed anything to get to the airport on time.

Now, more than few realize they have egg on their faces.

Lots of gooey, stupid egg.

Iran letter blowback startles GOP - Burgess Everett - POLITICO

McCain, Rand Paul roll out new excuses for sabotage letter | MSNBC

GOP Didn't Expect Iran Letter Backlash

That egg's not gonna wash off easily.

You didn't read the articles. Just because someone said. If you did you'd know what Rand Paul actually said which was
Have Obama negotiate from a position of strength by getting Congressional approval by the deal. You know like the Constitution says. Obama doesn't have the authority to repeal sanctions passed by Congress. So Constitutionally he needs Congressional approval in order to lift the sanctions.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Then explain our relationships and deals with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies