Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 02:56 PM

19,755 posts, read 11,993,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If Medicare recipients had paid almost nothing, they wouldn't be eligible to receive Medicare benefits. Do you really not understand how Medicare works?

Quote:
They do. Medicare isn't free health care like Medicaid. How do you not know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Yes I do. Do you? 1.45% of your income plus your employer contributes 1.45%. When you go back 50 years, that was not that much money. A $30,000 income earner contributes less than $500. per year. And a wage earner in 1965 was not typically making $30,000. But we could triple or quadruple that and give that to recipients and in medical coverage credits then they pay for themselves after that.
He makes it abundantly clear in most of his posts that he has no idea how medicare works despite many here trying to educate him. We have repeatedly mentioned the monthly premiums, etc. Yet he is keeping with the same false talking point evidently spoon fed by his handlers.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,637,595 times
Quote:
I disagree. But Medicaid recipients paid even less, otherwise known as NOT AT ALL. So they should not be receiveing benefits at all according to your logic. Are you good with that?
I'm good with that. End Medicaid. Will the 21% of Medicaid recipients that are seniors mind?

Should we send all the seniors in nursing homes to your house? Eh I don't care where they go. End Medicaid.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:58 PM

Unicorns and dreams.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:59 PM

88,674 posts, read 44,430,925 times
Quote:
I know you want to get a big settlement, that seems to be your big issue. Well you work out your settlement because you think you personally deserve more.
Not really more, just a fair return on my investment into the system.

Meanwhile, you believe that those who've inadequately paid for their benefits shouldn't get them. That means we have to eliminate food stamps, Medicaid, welfare, WIC, public housing, etc.

Do you agree? Or are you an extreme hypocrit?

Old 03-17-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He makes it abundantly clear in most of his posts that he has no idea how medicare works despite many here trying to educate him. We have repeatedly mentioned the monthly premiums, etc. Yet he is keeping with the same false talking point evidently spoon fed by his handlers.
You can tell me a thousand times that you have a copay as a Medicare participant. Clearly it is not enough and you know it.

$200 Billion Proposal To Fix Medicare Doctor Payments Under Fire | Kaiser Health News
That is a drop in the bucket.

Seniors are the most expensive and they paid very little in. If they want Medicare so much, their copays are going to need to go up dramatically. Like a thousand dollars a month more and even that won't be enough.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I'm good with that. End Medicaid. Will the 21% of Medicaid recipients that are seniors mind?

Should we send all the seniors in nursing homes to your house? Eh I don't care where they go. End Medicaid.
PLEASE run for office! The entire country should share in the entertainment value of this agenda.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
You can tell me a thousand times that you have a copay as a Medicare participant. Clearly it is not enough and you know it.

$200 Billion Proposal To Fix Medicare Doctor Payments Under Fire | Kaiser Health News
That is a drop in the bucket.

Seniors are the most expensive and they paid very little in. If they want Medicare so much, their copays are going to need to go up dramatically. Like a thousand dollars a month more and even that won't be enough.
I said monthly premiums. Do you truly not know the difference?

And, again, I have years and years before I would qualify for medicare. Why do we keep having to tell you the same thing? It really is not complicated.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I said monthly premiums. Do you truly not know the difference?

And, again, I have years and years before I would qualify for medicare. Why do we keep having to tell you the same thing? It really is not complicated.
And I said monthly premiums. I'm saying monthly copays would need to go up dramatically in order for Medicare to be solvent. Do you not agree with this? Do you not see how underfunded Medicare is? It should either end, or seniors need to pay more. Much much more.

I don't track your retirement, sorry.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I know. I keep pointing out 10k in 1970 is worth 200k now if safer s and p 500 investments. Like investing for dummies.

Only idiots keep all their money in piggy bank collecting nothing and that's what the OP assumes.

Heck if you owe IRS money. They will charge u 5-6% interest plus penalties per year.

So if govt is charging u interest. U betcha they better be giving us back more than 30 years worth of money besides the principal.
As long as you can prove you would have invested money that way by showing a proven history of stock investment. I just love how greedy you get at the idea of someone not paying for your health coverage.

How about substantially higher copays? Like adding $1000 a month to current Medicare copays in order to make it solvent? Because it can't continue the way it is and you know it.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Not really more, just a fair return on my investment into the system.

Meanwhile, you believe that those who've inadequately paid for their benefits shouldn't get them. That means we have to eliminate food stamps, Medicaid, welfare, WIC, public housing, etc.

Do you agree? Or are you an extreme hypocrit?
I don't get any of those programs so eliminate them. I don't care. Eliminate ACA too, but take Medicare with it.

Oh and Medicaid? Somehow seniors managed to get their hands in that cookie jar too.

While Medicaid was created mostly to provide medical care to low-income moms and their kids, two out of every three Medicaid dollars is spent on the elderly and disabled. Last year, the program spent one-third of its budget — more than $100 billion federal dollars — on long-term care, either in nursing facilities or in the community. States, which share the program’s cost, spent tens of billions more.

What Medicaid Cuts Will Mean For Seniors And Others With Disabilities (Guest Opinion) | Kaiser Health News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies