Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 01:07 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Anyone with the time to post as much as this poster is either a governement employee, retired, or maybe just a really bad employee. I think s/he's overstating earnings. When I was working there wasn't much time to post on forums.
One of the perks of being self-employed. As long as I meet my deadlines, I can work when I want.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:09 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
^^Agreed! When I'm at work, the only thing I use the computer for is the EMR (electronic medical record). At lunch I check my phone, but it's so hard to post on, so it's mostly just reading.
My EMR saves me so much time with my office practice, I can post all day here!

<LOL>

Old 03-20-2015, 01:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
One of the perks of being self-employed. As long as I meet my deadlines, I can work when I want.
Yep, even if it means working late at night or weekends. Something these entitled seniors likely now little about. If you figure Trapper John was a big fan of MASH, that was...a while ago.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
My EMR saves me so much time with my office practice, I can post all day here!

<LOL>
Yeah, that's what they told us, right? (Sarc)

Old 03-20-2015, 01:20 PM

89,023 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Do you have the actual costs of how much 50 Million seniors are sucking up in Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Part D and 75% of Medicare Part B? Because I've been looking for the totals for days.
I posted a link to the most explicit breakdown I could find:

Government Spending Details: Federal State Local for 2015 - Charts

$536 billion is spent on Medicare recipients, and they've paid Medicare taxes for decades and must also pay premiums and co-pays.

$819.5 billion is spent on the various forms of public assistance programs, for which there is no requirement of having paid any public assistance tax, nor is there any Medicaid or public assistance premiums or co-pays.

Enjoy paying for decades of public assistance slackers.

Plus, your number on low-income seniors receiving Medicaid is way overblown. It's actually only 4.6 million (only 6.6%) of the 70 million on Medicaid.

Seniors & Medicare and Medicaid Enrollees | Medicaid.gov

Old 03-20-2015, 01:28 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Yep, even if it means working late at night or weekends. Something these entitled seniors likely now little about. If you figure Trapper John was a big fan of MASH, that was...a while ago.
Really? Seniors know little about working late nights or weekends?

Hmmm. I retired from the Army (20y, 7m). More night and weekend work than you can ever dream of. Plus another 12 years at a private company.

But I guess that makes me a tripple dipper, doesn't it? Pension, social security, Medicare.

Know what? I EARNED it. Something you apparently know little about.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:29 PM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
So how much did you get back in EITC?

Since you don't have a job it must have been a fair amount.
*crickets*

Old 03-20-2015, 01:36 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
That's why you guys dominate the board. Because all of you retirees spend all day every day posting about how Obama was born in Kenya and those immigrants are taking all your Medicare money. Believe me, we've noticed.

Someone suggests ditching Medicare and the gnashing of teeth goes wild. It's kismet that Republicans presented their budget proposal this week. That they want to target Medicare made me laugh hard.

Obama was born in Hawaii.

Immigrants aren't taking my job, they're taking jobs from the 25-49 sector primarily.

I've agreed with you that it's underfunded and not sustainable.

You still can't make any real money or your job is redundant. You're worried about the old stealing from you. Are you stealing from your employer by posting at work?

Old 03-20-2015, 01:40 PM

89,023 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Obama was born in Hawaii.

Immigrants aren't taking my job, they're taking jobs from the 25-49 sector primarily.

I've agreed with you that it's underfunded and not sustainable.

You still can't make any real money or your job is redundant. You're worried about the old stealing from you. Are you stealing from your employer by posting at work?
He should be more worried about the unproductive and non-contributing stealing from him now, and for decades to come:

$819.5 billion is spent on the various forms of public assistance programs, for which there is no requirement of having paid any public assistance tax, nor is there any Medicaid or public assistance premiums or co-pays.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:48 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I posted a link to the most explicit breakdown I could find:

$536 billion is spent on Medicare recipients, and they've paid Medicare taxes for decades and must also pay premiums and co-pays.

Enjoy paying for decades of public assistance slackers.

Plus, your number on low-income seniors receiving Medicaid is way overblown. It's actually only 4.6 million (only 6.6%) of the 70 million on Medicaid.

Seniors & Medicare and Medicaid Enrollees | Medicaid.gov
From your link:

Medicaid provides health coverage to more than 4.6 million low-income seniors, nearly all of whom are also enrolled in Medicare. Medicaid also provides coverage to 3.7 million people with disabilities who are enrolled in Medicare. In total, 8.3 million people are "dually eligible" and enrolled in both Medicaid and Medicare, composing more than 17% of all Medicaid enrollees.

And this does not include the nursing homes that also get paid directly by Medicaid to take care of seniors. I've posted that link several times.

I'll need to look at the numbers more but from this pie chart it looks like heath care takes 27% of the federal budget and education on 4%. Interesting. I'm curious if that health coverage includes Medicaid and nursing home care. We need the total amount for all senior costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies