Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:28 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

In early 1998, some of the biggest fossil fuel companies in the world were hatching a plan to hijack the science of human-caused global warming......In a memo the plan boldly declared its goal would be to convince “a majority of the American public” that “significant uncertainties exist in climate science”.

What happened to the lobbyists who tried to reshape the US view of climate change? | Environment | The Guardian

Old 02-27-2015, 08:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In early 1998, some of the biggest fossil fuel companies in the world were hatching a plan to hijack the science of human-caused global warming......In a memo the plan boldly declared its goal would be to convince “a majority of the American public” that “significant uncertainties exist in climate science”.

What happened to the lobbyists who tried to reshape the US view of climate change? | Environment | The Guardian
Uh; I remember the big thing was "nuclear winter" back when I was a kid in the 1970's. The scare was the upcoming ice age, NOT global warming.

Besides: I ain't worried about GW even IF it's 100 percent true.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I remember the big thing was "nuclear winter" back when I was a kid in the 1970's. The scare was the upcoming ice age, NOT global warming.

Besides: I ain't worried about GW even IF it's 100 percent true.
Of course one would only worry if one had concern for future generations....Climate change will not affect you or I to any great extent.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
What you are proposing is a straight up conspiracy theory. You do realize that, right?

Old 02-27-2015, 09:06 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What you are proposing is a straight up conspiracy theory. You do realize that, right?
But unlike your evil world domination plot involving the international corruption of all climate science so that the economy can be ruined and Al Gore can control our lives, this one is actually plausible.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Of course I do.....Big tobacco did the exact same thing, and as a matter of fact some of the same people and organizations that were involved in attempting to discredit the science involving the harm smoking does are now trying to discredit climate science.....Then there is Christopher Booker, a so called climate change skeptic who to this day still claims that asbestos is harmless, and evolution is nonsense....

You can read about you favorite climate change deniers here.... 'Sceptics' Hall of Shame | Campaign against Climate Change

Old 02-27-2015, 09:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
From what I see its individuals who just don't believe the same ole scientist. Not more.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:24 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur;3
Of course...Bi gbacco did the exact same thing, and as a matter of fact some of the same people and organizations that were involved in attempting to discredit the science involving the harm smoking does are now trying to discredit climate science.....Then there is Christopher Booker, a so called climate change skeptic who to this day still claims that asbestos is harmless, and evolution is nonsense....

You can read about you favorite climate change deniers here.... 'Sceptics' Hall of Shame | Campaign against Climate Change
Do you hold the global warmers to the same standard of science? I kept it at global warming because shifting to climate change inherently allows for a moving target, thus not the same standard. I have lived on the water since the predictions really kicked off and I can still stand in the same place in my yard and not get wet.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Once you convince the Chinese we need to do something about global warming.....errr....climate change...I might start listening.

There are people with financial interests on both sides of the issue, pretty much like any other political issue.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:43 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Of course I do.....Big tobacco did the exact same thing, and as a matter of fact some of the same people and organizations that were involved in attempting to discredit the science involving the harm smoking does are now trying to discredit climate science.....Then there is Christopher Booker, a so called climate change skeptic who to this day still claims that asbestos is harmless, and evolution is nonsense....

The corporate oil/auto industry/chem/banking that you shill for have invested literally billions annually to create a media that will only produce a certain type of propaganda for them and has created a cottage industry of attacking anyone who dares question the theories you espouse. It's a nice trick, but it's just a trick. The billionaires you shill for are no different than the billionaires you think you're opposing. No different than the non-thinkers who believe the GOP is righteous, but the Dems are evil. Or vice versa. They'll all just elite billionaires jockey for trillions in profits....and you're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies