Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 03:30 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I know of a lot of liberals who are "CINOS" (Christians In Name Only).
I know a lot of self-professed 'Christians' whose behavior clearly identifies them as CINOs from both sides of the aisle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 03:34 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,595,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
Not really, lots of atheists support Islam, just look at Obama and many other democrats.
Atheists don't support any made up storybook character who supposedly lives in the sky, they have a logical thought train and have no need for such ridiculous concepts.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
As we march toward places and events that witness to the unveiling every detailed prophecy that speaks of a either a "mystery babylon" or the days of sorrows America is the template and a reason we are absent from prophecy. Why? ...we are no more. Why? We didn't "get" the ramifications for spitting
on Gods covenants, His land Israel, His believers and not
responding to His signs and warnings laid out that an illiterate
should have grasped.
This is what I oppose, not Christians but the belief that some 3,500 year old book written by 'Israelis' telling us Israel is God's land should be taken as the literal truth and should influence US foreign policy, that somehow Israel's interests are one and the same as American interests and inextricably linked.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:36 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,134,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Instead the conservative Christians help the poor and sick through non-profit organizations instead of through the government. Since when does Jesus care about cell phones? Churches are ALWAYS sending people on mission trips to help the needy. I don't think helping through the SECULAR government is what Jesus had in mind. Your logic is very flawed.
No, they're sending people on mission trips to preach to the needy...Now, I'm not a total cynic. I'm sure that many are motivated in part by the opportunity to do some good, but if they were doing it only out of their goodness of their hearts, their charity wouldn't be delivered with a heaping portion of proselytizing. It's easier to try to push religion on people when they are vulnerable (Yes, Muslims do it all the time as well) and i have yet to see any religious charity who's ultimate motive isn't seeking to further the interests of their particular religion.
It's called ulterior motives. There are always strings attached.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
No, they're sending people on mission trips to preach to the needy...Now, I'm not a total cynic. I'm sure that many are motivated in part by the opportunity to do some good, but if they were doing it only out of their goodness of their hearts, their charity wouldn't be delivered with a heaping portion of proselytizing. It's easier to try to push religion on people when they are vulnerable (Yes, Muslims do it all the time as well) and i have yet to see any religious charity who's ultimate motive isn't seeking to further the interests of their particular religion.
It's called ulterior motives. There are always strings attached.
What is your experience with mission work? Explain in detail.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:44 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,595,401 times
Quote:
Why do so many of them, especially the liberal ones, embrace Islam???
I do not embrace any religion, I think they are all a colossal waste of time. I think people should be able to practice their religion though, as long as they keep it to themselves, do not preach to others, and stay within the laws of the country they are in. Forcing religion on children when they can't legally consent should be illegal, though.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:52 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
i have yet to see any religious charity who's ultimate motive isn't seeking to further the interests of their particular religion.
To be fair, there are some, but your observation describes the general case: Most religious outreach is not charity but rather church.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:14 AM

372 posts, read 1,043,060 times
Quote:
You're making stuff up in order to beg the question. Can you quantify "many"? Who are the "many"?

Old 03-25-2015, 08:50 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
Not quite true. The Christian Left is not about denomination at all, and encompasses those who are profoundly Christian, Christian by culture, but only only consider themselves spiritual, and those with faith or no faith whatsoever. The Christian Left is about like minded Christians and even non-Christians who believe that the Christian faith has been hijacked by the Religious Right. Actually, the Christian Left welcomes those individuals who feel marginalized by the Religious Right. Everyone, except for trolls, is welcome in The Christian Left. (The Christian Left Facebook page has a strict troll free policy.) While individual denominations may be in decline, The Christian Left movement is a growing one. It has been featured in the media, and expect it to become a growing factor in national elections, especially the 2016 Presidential election.

Being tolerant of other faiths, being inclusive of other faiths in our society does not make one Anti Christian.

To my mind, these are the people Op is talking about; Progressives have gone so postmodern that their "churches" are now post-Christ.

Last edited by Ultor; 03-25-2015 at 10:16 AM..

Old 03-26-2015, 09:53 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Please provide evidence that liberals are converting to islam in substantial numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies