Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 05:39 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think he was going to reverse it anyway. I am cool with what he did. If you want to credit Obama and international community, then so be it. A win for Obama, I guess.
I doubt he would have reversed it so quickly. I credit Obama for acting like a baby and sending his goons to pretty much threaten Israel with not protecting them at the UN against Arab-led resolutions in the future.

Last edited by Devon011; 03-20-2015 at 05:55 AM..

Old 03-20-2015, 06:16 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
I'm not really sure who is advising this man and what he is trying to accomplish. Moderate Israelis support a two-state solution and so did Bibi until the day before the election. He needs more votes to win, not less. So if he loses, will Republicans still be pro-Israel?
Interesting. And where exactly were you when Obama said if unemployment ever went above 8% he didn't deserve a second term? I don't recall you being on here advocating against Obama's re-election in the wake of him announcing that.

So until you can develop some real principles that you apply to everyone and not just to people you disagree with, save your judgment. You're blowing hot air and nothing more.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
I doubt he would have reversed it so quickly. I credit Obama for acting like a baby and sending his goons to pretty much threaten Israel with not protecting them at the UN against Arab-led resolutions in the future.
According to your view, Obama got what he wanted, so he scored a point. Making comments like "acting like a baby" sounds like sour grapes (it also sounds juvenile). GHW Bush made a much more serious threat against Israel, and also got what he wanted. Did he act like a baby? No, their actions got them what they wanted. It's politics. Israeli politicians make a career out of making tough comments. Acting like babies? No, of course not. That's how they play it.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
According to your view, Obama got what he wanted, so he scored a point. Making comments like "acting like a baby" sounds like sour grapes (it also sounds juvenile). GHW Bush made a much more serious threat against Israel, and also got what he wanted. Did he act like a baby? No, their actions got them what they wanted. It's politics. Israeli politicians make a career out of making tough comments. Acting like babies? No, of course not. That's how they play it.
He hasn't scored anything yet because nothing is been done yet. Making the comment "acting like a baby" is stating a fact, he is acting like a child because he can't get his way and upset about the election results. Why do people always bring up Bush when something is said about Obama? They aren't even the same thing. Did he act like a baby and still acting like one? Yes! Like I said he hasn't gotten anything yet but words.

It's not politics to threaten your so call ally with not protecting them against the mostly Arab-led UN who make up resolutions after resolutions against Israel just because you dislike the PM, didn't get your way during the elections and because the PM doesn't do as you say. It's childish

Old 03-20-2015, 06:32 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Bibi was a bad boy and big daddy-O spanked him. That's all there is to it.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
He hasn't scored anything yet because nothing is been done yet. Making the comment "acting like a baby" is stating a fact, he is acting like a child because he can't get his way
You said Obama got his way, not me. I said Bibi was going to reverse his stance no matter what.

Quote:
Why do people always bring up Bush when something is said about Obama? They aren't even the same thing. Did he act like a baby and still acting acting like one? Yes! Like I said he hasn't gotten anything yet but words.
GHW Bush is Bush Senior, not "W", and the comparison to his actions is very relevant, since Bush Sr made a serious threat against Israel when he didn't get his way otherwise. It worked. Did he act like a baby, and was he being childish? Of course not. Why would you say that? You seem to like to use the words "baby" and "childish" as a put-down when someone you don't like does something which works. Its sour grapes. Its funny when someone like Putin plays tough, he is praised as a "real leader", and when an American Democrat does it, he is being a childish baby. I guess people just can't help themselves. There is peace in being independent.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:49 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Interesting. And where exactly were you when Obama said if unemployment ever went above 8% he didn't deserve a second term? I don't recall you being on here advocating against Obama's re-election in the wake of him announcing that.

So until you can develop some real principles that you apply to everyone and not just to people you disagree with, save your judgment. You're blowing hot air and nothing more.
Haven't you heard, Obama "evolves". EVERYBODY else flip-flops.

It is hilarious to read all the O supporter now whining about Bibi.

The went on and on about the letter a few repubs sent to Iran yet, have NO problem with O sending some of his people and MONEY to support Bibi's opposition.

They constantly show "do as I say, NOT as I do".

Then they wonder why they don't have ANY credibility!

Old 03-20-2015, 06:51 AM

Quote:
[/color]You said Obama got his way, not me. I said Bibi was
going to reverse his stance no matter what.

I never once said Obama got his way. I said Bibi reversed his words based on what Obama said. Obama way is getting a 2-state solution which he hasn't.

GHW Bush is Bush Senior, not "W", and the comparison to his actions is very relevant, since Bush Sr made a serious threat against Israel when he didn't get his way otherwise. It worked. Did he act like a baby, and was he being childish? Why would you say that? You seem to like to use the words "baby" and "childish" as a put-down when someone you don't like does something which works. Its sour grapes.
It's not relevant at all. Threatening to withhold aid is not the same at all. Again why do you process to keep trying to use Bush when it is not even close to being the same.

I used "baby" and " childish" to discuss his actions because that is exactly how he is acting. You can call it what you want. I stated how the President is acting all based on his childish ways.

It also doesn't matter if I like O or not, my post is about his actions toward Israel.

Last edited by Devon011; 03-20-2015 at 07:06 AM..

Old 03-20-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Haven't you heard, Obama "evolves". EVERYBODY else flip-flops.

It is hilarious to read all the O supporter now whining about Bibi.

The went on and on about the letter a few repubs sent to Iran yet, have NO problem with O sending some of his people and MONEY to support Bibi's opposition.

They constantly show "do as I say, NOT as I do".

Then they wonder why they don't have ANY credibility!
Exactly! This is why O has become chidlish in his actions now against Israel

Old 03-20-2015, 07:01 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
A dizzying flip-flop is not a total reversal. As long as Gaza is under the leadership of Hamas and the West Bank is under the leadership of Fatah (PLO) there is no actual Palestinian Authority to negotiate with, then the Palestinian people have no leaders for Israel to negotiate with. Thus no Two-State solution.

Keep in mind that the voted in Legislative Council (their version of Congress) hasn't met since 2007. Abbas (Fatah) is no longer the voted in leader since he is now in the 9th year of his 4 year term and Hamas took their area by coup and lined the Fatah council members who were living in Gaza and shot nearly all of them (some managed to escape).

So, taking out the political games, there will be no Palestinian State in the foreseeable future.
That was some really fine tuning by Netanyahu, I think he was pretty clear and to go back on your statement in 24 hours is pretty record setting. His statement about the Arabs wasn't helpful either.

His trip to the US was part of his reelection campaign and the GOP helped him along, Obama was right for not participating in his election and playing to the right wing in Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies