Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 09:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Please always remember that No Blacks = No Civil Rights
Really? You think Women's Rights would have never happened without blacks?

Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
I never stated my opinion on whether I agree or disagree with same sex marriage. Your just making assumptions about me.
That is the problem with this entire thread, all you are doing is skating around the topic you have created and have tried to say there is no comparison to African American suffrage and suffrage for homosexuals in this country.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:43 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Exceptions are not the norm. The overwhelming majority of Native American tribes never practiced same sex marriage. You can't use anomalies and act like they are the standard for the entire world as the overwhelming majority of the world saw traditional marriage as between a man and a woman. You can go by the .01 percent and I'll go by the 99.99%.
Quote:
I never stated my opinion on whether I agree or disagree with same sex marriage. Your just making assumptions about me.
You do understand that I can read your other posts. Context is king Mr. Gwilly.

And it's *You're

Old 03-17-2015, 09:45 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Really? You think Women's Rights would have never happened without blacks?
By civil rights I mean "Black civil rights".

Old 03-17-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
You do understand that I can read your other posts. Context is king Mr. Gwilly.

And it's *You're
Thank you English professor for correcting me on my typo.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
There is no such thing. Civil rights apply to all people.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:48 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Degrading behavior is similar in both struggles. The pain and suffering is the same in both struggles. When you want to think the pain of one group is sooo much worse than another perhaps you don't know about those you protest against.

I suspect you think all the lynchings, and other ways blacks were murdered is worse than those that were tied to fence posts and beaten, or shot with no recourse to the criminal because, they can claim they were afraid of being sexually assaulted... You think when a black man is gunned down in the street it is the only type of crime towards a group and that no others experience the same, what you don't see is that the gays are so low on the totem pole their crimes are largely ignored. Their lives are constantly disregarded and crimes against them are constantly overlooked, without as much as a peep from the media.

Wow sounds like a similar experience to the black struggle.... hence the comparison. The 2 struggles are so similar yet, homophobes prefer to deny even that, making the gay struggle that much more difficult. Are you aware it has been a struggle to even have gay crime considered as a hate crime... Imagine someone saying a racially motivated crime wasn't a hate crime.

By the way your self disclosures are no different than a racist making the statement " I'm not racist, I have black friends" . Perhaps you should look for the similarities vs arguing a point that only reinforces the problem.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Thank you English professor for correcting me on my typo.
Context errors are not the same as typos. I'm sick of people equating context errors to typos. They are not the same!!! Context errors are much worse. Typos have it so easy.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Then you are right, Homosexual Civil Rights and African American Civil Rights are two separate times of Civil Rights movements. Though with that said, there are similarities.

I will suggest that when you say "no blacks = no civil rights." You might want to be more accurate and say "no black civil rights."

Old 03-17-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
There is no such thing. Civil rights apply to all people.
You are the king of snarky comment. You knew exactly what I meant by that. good grief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies