Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:16 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
Anybody who says Iran is controlling Iraq, Syria, Lebanon is definitely out of their mind.
Who said Iran is controlling Iraq? As to the rest, Cotton is entirely correct. The radicals in Iran control exactly what he said they do.

Tom Cotton served two tours of duty over there seeing what Iran was doing first hand. Were you there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 08:19 PM

847 posts, read 766,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Who said Iran is controlling Iraq? As to the rest, Cotton is entirely correct. The radicals in Iran control exactly what he said they do.

Tom Cotton served two tours of duty over there seeing what Iran was doing first hand. Were you there?
Fine remain clueless if you choose to be.

just tell me how they control those countries with number so low. when we were having trouble controlling Iraq with 150K troops and we had trouble controlling Afghanistan with 100Kish number of troops?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:23 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
I know it is impossible for Americans to recognize the irony of the only nation to use atomic weapons against a civilian target, that supported death squads and state sponsored terrorism throughout Central and South America, and militarily supports a nation that is not a signature to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, can sit on its high horse and demand that other nations shouldn't be allowed to do the same.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:31 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
Fine remain clueless if you choose to be.

just tell me how they control those countries with number so low. when we were having trouble controlling Iraq with 150K troops and we had trouble controlling Afghanistan with 100Kish number of troops?
So by your non answer I'll assume the answer is you have no experience in that part of the world? never been there? Done combat tours?

You probably don't even remember the barracks bombing in Beirut.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/3...icle-1.1493410

Old 04-08-2015, 10:00 PM

847 posts, read 766,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
So by your non answer I'll assume the answer is you have no experience in that part of the world? never been there? Done combat tours?

You probably don't even remember the barracks bombing in Beirut.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/3...icle-1.1493410
unlike you and him. I have great experience in many countries of the region. because I have traveled to many countries and follow their politics.

in fact I have a working knowledge of three languages spoken in the region.

I am sure next you would claim Kerry and Mccain are Vietnam Experts because they served there.

my question to you is still pending. how do you control a country like Iraq with less than 1000 troops?

and what is your link suppose to prove? nobody said Iran does not have allies! Saying U.S and Germany are allied is very different from saying U.S controls Berlin.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:13 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The real laugh is that anyone takes the propaganda from nonThinkProgress seriously.
You hit the nail on the head I can't believe people read that rag. Reliance by the Left on "publications" like ThinkProgress, NPR (National Palestinian Radio), etc., are exactly why I tend to avoid engaging in political discussions with leftists.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The real laugh is that anyone takes the propaganda from nonThinkProgress seriously.
Propaganda by its own definition simply means one sided. It does not mean untrue.

So you are only admitting that you dont even attempt to hear the other side of the situation.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
LMAO...the guy has been a senator for less than 4 months and he's already shown himself to be quite the Republican.

Years ago, he would've been a backbencher for his first term at least. Nowadays, Republicans give all the tiny tots a bunch of shine. Why, I don't know.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:16 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhandem View Post
What a laughingstock is he.

Tom Cotton Seems Confused About The Basic Geography Of Iran | ThinkProgress

Cotton: Moreover we have to stand up to Iran’s attempts to drive for regional dominance. They already control Tehran increasingly they control Damascus and Beirut and Baghdad and now Sana’a as well.
But, no doubt, most Republicans pretty strongly feel that Sen. Cotton is their new rock star.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But, no doubt, most Republicans pretty strongly feel that Sen. Cotton is their new rock star.
He definitely is....and they coronate rock stars over there after every election. Any fresh face gets anointed and put to the front of the line. Especially if they're young.

This guy appears to be a dim bulb, but they don't care. Obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies