Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 06:34 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,508,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Our RW flip-floppers could learn a lesson from Bibi, the accomplished flip-flopper. Unlike our version, "Way too early Mitt", Bibi used the fear reaction before voters could think about what they were about to vote for. It's in the timing.
I see you Bots have received your OFA talking points email this morning.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:39 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,008,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You said they told you the opposition would give the Palestinians all the land they wanted, which is basically all of Israel. It is clearly not true. Maybe they didn't lie to you. Maybe they never told you what you claim they told you. Maybe you added a little 'spice' to what they said.

Either way, it really doesn't matter. Israeli voters did not see a need to change anything, and they didn't. Case closed.
I said they said the other guy would give the Palestinians everything they wanted as far as land. I never said all the land. I was also referring to the 2-state solution which is Gaza,West Bank and East Jerusalem. You read what I said wrongly because I never said all the land. They didn't lie to me. There is no maybe to it. Maybe they did tell me what they told me and you just can't accept the fact you were wrong. I also don't need to add any spice to anything.

Israeli voters didn't want a security risk so they voted how they did. Case closed

Old 03-19-2015, 06:43 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,353,135 times
Israeli politicians are smart, and have always been. Every now and then US tells Israel "enough". Reagan told them there will never be peace if they don't stop expanding the settlements. What was Israeli reaction? They continued to expand the settlements. GHW Bush told them to stop, or US will stop aid to Israel. The reaction? They stopped. I do not think Obama will go as far as threatening to cut aid, after boosting it by 30%, but he might find other ways to say "enough". The two state solution has been a US policy and supported by both parties in US for decades, but with GOP "yessir" appeasement attitude towards Bibi, he feels he can ignore US policies and goals. If the US Congress can ignore them, why can't the rest of the world?

Old 03-19-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
I said they said the other guy would give the Palestinians everything they wanted as far as land. I never said all the land.
Anything Palestinians want = all the land.

Israel has bent over backwards offering Palestinians all kinds of solutions, but they have rejected them all. They want it all. Are your Israeli friends denying that?

Old 03-19-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Anything Palestinians want = all the land.

Everything they wanted as far as land is my exact words. I never said "anything" and it didn't mean all the land. That is your assumption

Israel has bent over backwards offering Palestinians all kinds of solutions, but they have rejected them all. They want it all. Are your Israeli friends denying that?
You are preaching to the choir. I know exactly what was offered to the Palestinians and what they rejected which is why they didn't vote for the other guy. You also can't lump all Palestinians into the " we want it all" category. I have talked to quite a few Palestinians from the many times I been in Israel who don't want it all. Some are perfectly fine with living in Israel. The issue is the other guy would do things that would eventually turn Israel into a Muslim state instead of a Jewish one. I also don't support that 2-state solution proposed.

Last edited by Devon011; 03-19-2015 at 07:04 AM..

Old 03-19-2015, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSmurf View Post
You are preaching to the choir. I know exactly what was offered to the Palestinians and what they rejected which is why they didn't vote for the other guy. You also can't lump all Palestinians into the " we want it all" category. I have talked to quite a few Palestinians from the many times I been in Israel who don't want it all. Some are perfectly fine with living in Israel. The issue is the other guy would do things that would eventually turn Israel into a Muslim state instead of a Jewish one. I also don't support that 2-state solution proposed.
I am talking about those Palestinians who call the shots (verbally and physically).

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-19-2015 at 07:31 AM..

Old 03-19-2015, 07:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,945,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Our RW flip-floppers could learn a lesson from Bibi, the accomplished flip-flopper. Unlike our version, "Way too early Mitt", Bibi used the fear reaction before voters could think about what they were about to vote for. It's in the timing.
Sort of like Obama pandering to the left by promising to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan, closing Gitmo and doing none of it?

Quote:
I am talking about those Palestinians who call the shots.
In that case they would be happy for Jews to be pushed into the sea

15,580 posts, read 10,306,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Netanyahu has emerged as a repulsive figure the world over. A few days ago, it was believed that he was well BEHIND in the race, then he suddenly pulls out the inevitable, unlikely win. Similar to when Conservatives win in this country, his win is SUSPECT. Obviously, there is a great deal of corruption happening in Israel that this ignorant man should prevail in such an unlikely fashion.

President Obama of course holds the superior position regarding Israel, and the President will eventually have things go his way. What Netanyahu stands for, cannot last.
Netanyahu ignoring Obama has played well in Israel. While the United States is loved and beloved in Israel, President Obama is decidedly not.

Netanyahu was just re-elected by a significant margin and is more than likely to form a government that will keep him stable and in power for three to four more years. Obama is a lame-duck. Netanyahu will wait out the time until Obama is gone.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 03-19-2015 at 08:00 AM..

Old 03-19-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sort of like Obama pandering to the left by promising to get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan, closing Gitmo and doing none of it?
I remember when I was in the military when he first came into office making all kind of promising to us about Iraq and Afghanistan. All I seen him do is lay experienced commanders off and equipment used by troops overseas getting outdated and not replaced. Sometimes we had to make our own things to get by. I saw an article about him saying he should have closed Gitmo his first day in office
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.