Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 10:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
As I age and meet more people, I've noticed that almost uniformly people who vote Republican are more successful, content, and fulfilled than those who vote Democrat. The Democrats are often filled with loathing, angst, and general discontent, while Republicans are often more satisfied, at peace, and fulfilled overall.

Why do you think this is? Have you noticed it?
as I age and meet more people, I find that certain people pull ridiculous generalizations out of their posterior without even the slightest concern for factual evidence - and try to pass it off as fact, as if the rest of us were that stupid.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 10:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Why shouldn't we post opinions on a forum?
Oh you are more than welcome to post opinions all you want, but no one can agree or disagree your opinion without any factual information to back it up. I don't know you or where you live, so it would be impossible for me to argue what you have observed. All I can say is based on my own opinion of what I have seen in life, you are incorrect if you think Republican voters have more successful careers than Democrat voters.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 PM

96 posts, read 85,245 times
Quote:
As I age and meet more people, I've noticed that almost uniformly people who vote Republican are more successful, content, and fulfilled than those who vote Democrat. The Democrats are often filled with loathing, angst, and general discontent, while Republicans are often more satisfied, at peace, and fulfilled overall.

Ever heard of confirmation bias?

Old 03-18-2015, 10:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

Agreed. The Republicans who complain about Obama are really Democrats and the Democrats who don't complain about Obama are really Republicans.

[makes total sense ]

Old 03-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseca View Post
You mean they are high school dropouts and pray to some magical god in the sky and the accept their fate because its in the hand of that magical god? That sounds like the rural America I know in the Pacific NW. So yes Republicans are happier.
While I believe in God, this is exactly what happens, people call themselves happier simply because they believe in a god, and that there is always a brighter day because of it.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:35 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
I don't know about anyone else, but I've found that left-handed people that only eat waffles on Tuesdays are generally happier than right -handed people that eat them on Mondays.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:35 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
as I age and meet more people, I find that certain people pull ridiculous generalizations out of their posterior without even the slightest concern for factual evidence - and try to pass it off as fact, as if the rest of us were that stupid.

Is it any wonder the OP cited no evidence whatsoever?

Old 03-18-2015, 10:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Back when I delivered pizzas, I had a manager who was a Republican. He had a base salary plus a percentage of store profits, and paid everyone minimum wage without raises.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:45 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I've found that left-handed people that only eat waffles on Tuesdays are generally happier than right -handed people that eat them on Mondays.

Only eating waffles on Tuesdays sounds like an unbalanced diet.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:51 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Only eating waffles on Tuesdays sounds like an unbalanced diet.

It's a small price to pay to be
Quote:
successful, content, and fulfilled, satisfied, at peace, and fulfilled overall.

Would you rather be
Quote:
filled with loathing, angst, and general discontent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies