Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 07:40 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
How can one ACCURATELY vote for someone, when their beliefs are based on misinformation and the distortion of facts. I mean seriously, when I say, "I can see Russia from my house.", who do you think said that. If you said "Tina Fey", as part of a Saturday Night Live comedy routine, then you would be correct. As long as people believe misinformation, then the people being voted for, are receiving their votes based on a falsehood. So, if you really don't know who or what you're voting for or against, aren't you already possibly voting on someone irregardless of your beliefs?

I think this says it all.
Who said "[Revere] warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms, by ringing those bells and making sure as he was riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free."

This says quite a bit too! Who was it that wanted her in the White House again?

Old 03-20-2015, 07:43 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You are correct. Both parties work their memes about how the other guy has a "war on women" or "vote for free stuff" and so forth.....it's mostly a load of horse-poop.

As people have noted there are plenty of rural republicans on the hand-out train...heck I have several relatives that have ridden it for years.
No argument from me that there are hypocrites and liars and cheats of all kinds in all walks of life.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:47 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why is it people think they can play with numbers with no real training?

Serious question.

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express or something?
So what is your explanation of these numbers master of math?

Old 03-20-2015, 07:50 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
So what is your explanation of these numbers master of math?
Source it then I will tell you more specifically where it's a load of crap.

(In general however, they are abusing correlation.)

Innumeracy is not a badge of honor.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:50 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, it takes a mindset change, too. One has to be determined to stop being a taker (those who receive means-tested public assistance benefits overwhelmingly vote for Democrats, as I've already shown), start supporting oneself and one's family, and start contributing to society instead of taking from it.
This is absolute truth. We need to change the mind-set that it's "cool" to take government handouts. Instead it's should be considered "cool" to be independent and you're own person....even if that means you're digging ditches....(that's what my immigrant forefathers did)..........you are beholden to no man.

If you're taking handouts, you are a slave to the person giving you the handout. Modern blacks have no idea they've been re-enslaved by the Federal Government. The modern Massa's are people like Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid....instead of sending the blacks out to tend to their cotton, today's Massas keep the blacks in their Section 8 housing only to come out and vote the Massas back into office.

There will always be a safety net in the country-----but it's a temporary safety net----there only until the person is able to get back up and start producing again. The generational welfare has to end----blacks are slaves, again.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:55 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
He is right. Why do these political parties need to be concerned about our interests if we are going to vote the same way no matter what? All this is actually doing is making black people politically irrelevant. There was a situation in MD where the governor race was going on and the Democratic candidate refused to go and campaign in largely black areas because he already felt entitled to the black vote. Of course it ended up causing him the election, but that needs to happen more. If you want people to take your issues serious, don't just give away your vote, make them earn it. Don't assume things about people just because the news says it or because he has a certain letter after his/her name, actually think critically about the issues at hand and how they benefit you and society as a whole. These things never happen and that is why very little progress has been made in the black community despite having a black president. Why does he have to do much for you when he already had your vote? He has other groups like illegals or gays that he needs to win over.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:07 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
He is right. Why do these political parties need to be concerned about our interests if we are going to vote the same way no matter what? All this is actually doing is making black people politically irrelevant. There was a situation in MD where the governor race was going on and the Democratic candidate refused to go and campaign in largely black areas because he already felt entitled to the black vote. Of course it ended up causing him the election, but that needs to happen more. If you want people to take your issues serious, don't just give away your vote, make them earn it. Don't assume things about people just because the news says it or because he has a certain letter after his/her name, actually think critically about the issues at hand and how they benefit you and society as a whole. These things never happen and that is why very little progress has been made in the black community despite having a black president. Why does he have to do much for you when he already had your vote? He has other groups like illegals or gays that he needs to win over.
If I'm a black person, I would be very concerned where the Democratic party is going with the Mexicans. Just looking at the math, the huge growth in eligible Mexican voters is making the Black vote less important....especially if you already have the Black vote in your back pocket.

If I'm the GOP, I move past the black vote----why even bother: 1) they vote 90% for the Democrats, and 2) they are comprising a smaller and smaller % of the votes. I think this is where Romney was going with the comment he made about the 45% of the population he wasn't going to pursue? The appearance looked bad, but if you think about it, it's common sense. For example, why would a Democrat spend a lot of time drumming up support in Evengical churces in Oklahoma? It's not worth the time & effort.

If the GOP is smart, they will pander to the Mexicans. Give them all amnesty. Why not? They're already in the country---they're not going anywhere. You might as well get their votes....they're socially conservative and hard working......sweet spot of GOP.

Stephen A. Smith is a very smart....so is Sir Charles. I don't always agree with them---but even when I don't, I respect where they're coming from.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:39 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Since 1948
Black income grew by $23,281 (adjusted for inflation) under Democrats and by only $4,000 under Republicans.
The income gap between Whites and Blacks has GROWN under Obama. So why hasn't his liberal policies worked for Black people? He's been the President for SIX YEARS, was hasn't he fixed it?

Wealth inequality has widened along racial, ethnic lines since end of Great Recession | Pew Research Center

White-black wealth gap widens to near record levels - Dec. 12, 2014

Old 03-20-2015, 09:16 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
He's only saying something that anybody with half a brain already knows, that if Black people always vote for Democrats then they take your vote for granted and will move on to other "special interest groups"(i.e. gays, illegals) and Republicans won't even bother to deal with you because they feel you won't vote for them anyway.
Exactly this^^^^^.

Glenn Beck actually made an excellent analogy on this today. (I know Libs will fully dismiss & say 'you lost me at Beck' but please read on).

Paraphrasing:

Let's say you swap out Republican/ Democrat for two different car dealerships. An African American walks into one dealership and states 'I will never, ever, ever buy a car from that other dealership. No way, no how... I'm a lifelong customer of yours and I'm here to buy a car from you. That said, how much you gonna give me off of the sticker price?'

Not only is the dealer going to say the car has to sell at sticker (to you), but by the time they sell you two or three cars the dealer will be making stuff up to tag on top of the sticker price.That dealer will never work in you best interest because they will never have to...

Blinding loyalty to any institution will be taken for granted. Open your minds up to the possibilities of an alternate choice (Dems might shake the snow globe vigorously in an attempt to retain your loyalty but at least the other party would be obligated to represent your constituency if you where to entertain becoming part of it).

Last edited by AKA Bubbleup; 03-20-2015 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: amend

Old 03-20-2015, 09:18 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
He's right. Black voters should have options. Just as soon as the Republican party quits pandering to racists and makes a serious effort to appeal to black voters, they will.
Can you give me a few examples of the Republicans pandering to racists? If blacks and whites are equal, then why is any "serious effort to appeal to black voters" necessary? Seems me like you just admitted that you're the racist, not Republicans. You just admitted that you're the one who wants to see political pandering. You just made yourself a complete hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies