Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 12:26 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The best candidates aren't running, the people who would do the best job as POTUS are smart enough to not want the job.
That much is certain and true regardless of political stripe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 12:27 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
I'm afraid that Jeb Bush will be the Republican, then I will have to vote for whoever the Democratic candidate is.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:31 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
If Hillary is the Democratic nominee, I will vote for her. She's more conservative than I am but I know very well that all I have to do is listen to the Republican candidate speak and I will run to vote for her.

Democrats would be well-served to listen to the Republican primaries. That will tell you everything you need to know about what Republicans stand for. Then smile when you think of how crazy it will make them to have Hillary for president. Bonus: Bill Clinton is smart - they both are.

I wouldn't mind having someone challenge her just so we have a backup plan but a solid portion of the country will vote for any Democratic candidate after they hear the Republican candidate.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Do the democrats have someone with charisma?
I can't think of anyone at the moment. I don't think many saw Obama getting the nomination in March 2006 either.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I can't think of anyone at the moment. I don't think many saw Obama getting the nomination in March 2006 either.
Yup, I'm in the same boat as many others here. The Republican candidates are horrific, No one on the Democratic side impresses me, but like whogo I hope for someone out of nowhere.

It very likely I will vote for a third party this year. I recommend people on both sides that we should look at some of the third parties. Especially if you aren't in a swing state. I mean lets be honest, the reason given for not voting third party is that you are "throwing your vote away"....in a non-swing state that doesn't matter at all, and if enough people do it we could have a chance at having a viable third party someday.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:46 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
First: It isn't rational to expect Democrats to care about the self-deceptions right-wingers have swallowed. Second: It is coincidental that the two best candidates, Clinton and Warren, are women. Third: Clinton's biggest strength is that she's a centrist even if right wingers are too blinded by hatred to see it. That means she's going to gain more support from moderates than Warren - or practically any other notable Democrat with significant national recognition - would.
So the Dems have a bunch of WEAK men?

Old 03-19-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Maybe because it's still two years until the next election?
ijuts
Naaaa.........they woulda started focus groups or something........

Old 03-19-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I don't think it's anything you listed, though they are valid points.

I think it is more of a question of Hillary being all the Democrats have. Liz Warren is not ready for prime time, and honestly, you'd be hard-pressed to name any other viable D's.

Hillary is an old, old horse. She likely would have been a better candidate for the Dems in 2008, but instead they opted to get "first black" instead of "first woman" elected. Yes, sadly, the Dems do seem to think there's something historic electing a "first", even if they do turn out to be a "worst".
But she's NOT..... that's the point!

Dems have Senators and Governors ......even former Govs like Evan Bayh who appeals to some Republicans..... But it's like they are in this "must not oppose Hillary" spell.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:00 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
With Hillary you get her world savvy plus the world savvy of Bill as well.

So many repugs say that they are crooks. They aren't they are just very smart people. Who do you want dealing with all these crooked world leaders. Milktoast republicans or world smart Clintons.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:01 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
But she's NOT..... that's the point!

Dems have Senators and Governors ......even former Govs like Evan Bayh who appeals to some Republicans..... But it's like they are in this "must not oppose Hillary" spell.
Why do you care? If Hillary is so beatable, then just worry about which Republican you plan to support. While I like the idea of a backup, there is value in not wasting a bunch of Democratic dollars and negative press coverage on an ugly Democratic primary.

The 2012 Republican primary was nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies