Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 05:36 PM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am saving more than $2500 a year. I no longer have premiums due to my company now having an HSA program where they pay the employer portion and I pay nothing monthly. Prior to having this plan, we paid about $750 a month for family coverage so I am saving $9000 a year!!

If you are going to make stuff up you have to aspire to do much better than this.
This story, yes story, is full of holes and it is most obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 05:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
In other words, you don't understand how insurance works.

I pay $120 a year for renters insurance. If my home were to burn down tomorrow and I lost all my possessions, I could probably claim about $30K to replace everything. Where do you think that money would ultimately come from? Thin air?

How do you think insurance works? I really want to know, because any answer that doesn't involve having people pay for other people sounds ludicrous.
I bet you think it comes from insurance premiums, at which point you would be WRONG..

Old 03-20-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, it's conservatives who don't understand insurance. It isn't the liberals who blamed the greed of insurance companies for people losing their policies after the Democrats passed mandates which rendered those policies illegal. It isn't the liberals who say that subsidizing peoples' insurance costs with taxpayer funds somehow lowers the cost of healthcare. No, they have a deep understanding of how insurance works. It's those Fox News watchers who have no clue. Come on. You'll advance your cause more effectively if you don't make such foolish comments. You only hurt yourself making ignorant posts like that.
I love how they said we needed to insure 32 million individuals, so pass ACA, and it would create surpluses well adding all types of benefits, even though most of us knew people were going to pay fines, and not get insurance. It was the only way to generate "a surplus" What do you mean everyone wont get insurance? Then you want people to die, aca will insure everyone, you just watch.... We're going to generate hundreds of billions in surplus insure tens of millions of folks, cut premiums by $2500 per family and if you dont believe it, you're a racist!!!!

End result, 30 million people aren't expected to get insurance, and its STILL going to run $1T deficits.

Liberals now call it a success.

Of course the ONLY way they can do this is by moving the goal post from

Need to insure everyone because people are dying, to who gives a fk if people are dying, obama passed the bill, its wonderful, just pay your tax and shut up..

Weird standards they have.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
It is true that to some he can do no right while to others he can do no wrong.

Whether there will be more positives than negatives will probably depend upon who writes the history books.
I have 3 rules in my life
1) Dont LIE to me.. Which Obama does NON STOP in order to get things passed
2) Dont steal from me, and while I cant claim he's stealing from me, if I was a taxpayer, I would be outraged
3) Dont treat me like I'm an idiot. yes, Obama does this daily by spreading his theories about economics which dont make one bit of sense and by claiming he can cut premiums, insure millions more, have better benefits, and create huge surpluses..

I'm not the idiot, and every single CBO projection coming out, projects that I've been correct from day one.

Still waiting for left wing kooks apologies, we should dig up those old threads..

Old 03-20-2015, 07:01 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. I love how they go onto the attack. Some truths there at least, but many are falsehoods too.

An example-you CAN cut spending.....but not in the middle of a recession. Doing so back then would have in fact been devastating. This has been demonstrated over and over.
How so? We cut taxes and spending in the early 1920's and saw unemployment go from 12 to under 4 in two years.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How so? We cut taxes and spending in the early 1920's and saw unemployment go from 12 to under 4 in two years.
Whats funny is if you bring up the military spending, they jump on the "gotta cut that", which actually means they dont believe government spending "stimulates"..

Old 03-20-2015, 09:11 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Don't crap on a whole system that worked well for most for small gains and a lot of pain inflicted and call it good as you have here.

It sure wasn't beneficial to my family almost doubling for the same coverage, same provider.
I've never said the ACA was perfect, but for many people it IS better than the old system. Sorry you're not one of them.

Still, that doesn't excuse the failure of the Republicans to come up with a viable alternative plan. You would think that since they know so much about what's wrong with Obamacare, in six years maybe they could come up with something that addresses its shortcomings while keeping the parts that work.

So why haven't they done that? And don't give me any BS about it being pointless because Obama could veto it. They put forward all kinds of stuff they know will never pass. Unfortunately, all they've delivered so far on healthcare reform is hot air and a desire to go back to the old system that threw the self-employed under the bus.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:25 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
You guys sat around for the past six years, circle jerking to this idea that Obama was going to crash the economy, create massive unemployment, introduce death camps, seize guns, and turn us into an Islamic caliphate. None of that has happened, yet you still persist in your same inane rambling. This thread wasn't about the ACA, yet you have tried to turn it into yet another one on that topic, since you have no retort for the points Obama brought up in the OP's video.

If Mitt Romney was president, and the country was in the exact same economic state it is in right now, you guys would be having mass orgies in the streets. You would be planning to chisel Mitt's face on Mt. Rushmore. Yet, you cannot possibly accept that this turn around has happened under Obama. It is despicable and disgusting, but it's par for the course with your ilk.
Wrong.

If Romney were president and all this was going on (including the incredibly craptastic foreign policy) he'd be even more of a failure than Obama. That's because he at least had some governing and real world experience, where Obama had none.

However, it wouldn't be this bad.
Because it can't get much worse.

Furthermore, he wouldn't have the blind cult following Obama does, thinking he can do no wrong.

Yes, things would be much better.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:36 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,633,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I bet you think it comes from insurance premiums, at which point you would be WRONG..
Oh really? It may come from investments or interest, but that still ultimately comes from the money the insurance company collects in premiums. If the insurance company is hit with a large number of settlements all at one time like after a widespread natural disaster, you can bet your ass they're using premium money to cover claims.

If you think the money insurance companies make doesn't come back to the premiums, I have a bridge to sell you.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:39 AM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
I've never said the ACA was perfect, but for many people it IS better than the old system. Sorry you're not one of them.

Still, that doesn't excuse the failure of the Republicans to come up with a viable alternative plan. You would think that since they know so much about what's wrong with Obamacare, in six years maybe they could come up with something that addresses its shortcomings while keeping the parts that work.

So why haven't they done that? And don't give me any BS about it being pointless because Obama could veto it. They put forward all kinds of stuff they know will never pass. Unfortunately, all they've delivered so far on healthcare reform is hot air and a desire to go back to the old system that threw the self-employed under the bus.

I believe it bears out that things are worse now for many more people than it is better for the fewer.

That is a losing situation, not a winner.

Admitting "it's not perfect" is only a distractor from the truth about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies