Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 10:07 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Any ME dictator that went off the petro dollar is now dead or an enemy to be toppled.

The invasions and wars are being waged to save the petro dollar.
Iraq went off the Petro in 2000, no?

9/11 became the opportunity to go to war with Iraq, knock off the dictator previously hand- picked by the U.S. and establish democracy- oh I mean restore the Petro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 10:11 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Did anyone, regardless of party?

Yes. Read the article and the report. According to one individual:

Pillar added that he was told by congressional aides that only a half-dozen senators and a few House members read past the NIE's five-page summary.

Pillar is now a professor at Georgetown.

By the way, the OP doesn't understand the context of the quote he made in the original post. I dont think he read the article.

My intent isn't to defend or denigrate Bush. It's to point out that congress had access to the information then that we are just seeing now. Support was bi-partisan. If they didn't read it or chose to ignore it, it's wrong to suggest they were lied to.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Did the democrats who voted for war have access to the document?
They voted to go to war after it was given to them to read. Hillary Clinton is just one who said she didn't bother to read it.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Iraq went off the Petro in 2000, no?

9/11 became the opportunity to go to war with Iraq, knock off the dictator previously hand- picked by the U.S. and establish democracy- oh I mean restore the Petro.
And Libya (Ghadaffi and the dinar) and we also tried to invade Syria and we bad mouth Iran all the time.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:26 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Here you go, this is apparently the document in question.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/d...ie-01-2015.pdf

Quote:
li~IEl.. We judge tha~ Iraq has continued its weapons of mass destruction (WMD)
programs in defiance of UN resolutions and restrictions. Baghdad has chemical and
biological weapons as well as missiles with ranges in excess of UN restrictions; if left
unchecked, it probably will have a nuclear weapon during this decade. (See INR
alternative view at the end of these Key Judgments.)

~ We judge that we are seeing only a portion of Iraq's WMD efforts, owing to
Baghdad's vigorous denial and deception efforts. Revelations after the Gulf war starkly
demonstrate the extensive efforts undertaken by Iraq to deny information. We lack specific
infonnation on many key aspects of Iraq's WMD programs.

~ Since inspections ended in 1998, Iraq has maintained its chemical weapons effort,
energized its missile p~ogram, and invested more heavily in biological weapons; in the view
of most agencies, Baghdad is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:30 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, I don't know what this site is but the CIA would never declassify this. I think this site is bogus.
Apprently the guy made a FOIA request years ago and they released a heavily redacted version. He made a another request recently for review and they produced a less redacted version.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Most of the world already knew that Bush's oil war was not justified, but good to see this out anyway. No one can defend that clown for his actions anymore.

https://news.vice.com/article/the-ci...-iraq-invasion

'The fact that the NIE concluded that there was no operational tie between Saddam and al Qaeda did not offset this alarming assessment.'

Didn't Hilary lead the vote for the Democrats to get on the bandwagon?

Old 03-20-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, I don't know what this site is but the CIA would never declassify this. I think this site is bogus.
Vice had one of the best, most objective live coverages of the Ferguson riots.

Vice is NON MSM news but who knows for how long. The big MSM companies now have financial stakes in it.

Vice News - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-20-2015, 11:21 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They were lied to. So were Republicans. I doubt even the Republicans would have supported that war had they been given the facts and not misled by the White House. Bush and the neocon war mongers cost the country billions of dollars, and thousands of lives and set in motion grave consequences that are reverberating still around the world.
I wonder why President Clinton did that.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They were lied to. So were Republicans. I doubt even the Republicans would have supported that war had they been given the facts and not misled by the White House. Bush and the neocon war mongers cost the country billions of dollars, and thousands of lives and set in motion grave consequences that are reverberating still around the world.
Verbal statements directly went against what was written in the report.
Yet Congress was given the report.

How can they say they were lied to if they had the report ?

Why didn't any member of Congress speak out and call the administration liars ?

No, Congress was NOT lied to. Congress voted FOR the war.

Sorry to burst your bubble but they all COLLUDED to the propaganda presented to the American people to justify an invasion of Iraq to get them back on the petro dollar for trading oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies