Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:43 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,282,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Did they or did they not commit the crimes for which they are in prison?

In some cases they did but obviously not all, this before you blow a gasket applies to all races across the board.

False.

Percent of live births to unwed mothers:
Black or African American: 71.2%
Hispanic or Latina: 51.3%
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus10.pdf#007

This is reported voluntarily is'nt it? Let me phrase this in a way that you can understand. Being unwed CONTRIBUTES to proverty but also being married does not prevent you from being poor either.

And exactly what religion espouses the belief in unwed childbearing?
Catholics are overwhelmingly Latinos/Hispanic and it does not promote birth control or abortions, thus stands the reason that the latinos/hispanic population will soon be the super minority in the near future

Old 09-09-2011, 10:51 AM

88,680 posts, read 44,457,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Catholics are overwhelmingly Latinos/Hispanic and it does not promote birth control or abortions, thus stands the reason that the latinos/hispanic population will soon be the super minority in the near future
That's not what you said. Here's what you said:
Quote:
Latinos have a greater birth out of wedlock ratio than blacks mainly due to religious beliefs.
Which, of course, is PATENTLY FALSE. And easily proven false by .gov data:

You've totally destroyed your credibility by just making up ridiculous stuff.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
That's not what you said. Here's what you said:
Which, of course, is PATENTLY FALSE. And easily proven false by .gov data:

You've totally destroyed your credibility by just making up ridiculous stuff.

Interesting, even after I corrected what I said you STILL have not addressed the rest of what I said. Did your stats tell you that being married is the cure of proverty? How about the number of catholics are latino/hispanic? Did it mention about the injustices of the legal system? Does it mention that catholism does condones abortions or birth control? How about the future population of said Latinos/Hispanics?

It sure must be nice to focus on one thing and ignore everything else. Granted I made a mistake and I corrected what I said and (I thought) clearified it

Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,708,695 times
Quote:
It kind of hard to take anyone seriously when they don't realize that D.C is NOT A STATE! and therefore should not be included in any state's statistics
Yes, I know DC is not a state. If you have an issue with it being on the list, you should take it up with Huffington Post, who included it in their poorest states list. Since I provided the link, I assume you already know that.
Here's the link again:
The Poorest States In The U.S. (PHOTOS)

But thanks for proving you can't dispute the post.

Let's make this really simple.
Mississippi has the highest percentage of African Americans in the country: 38%.
African Americans have the highest poverty rate of any race.

And "red" state claim doesn't hold up so well:
Mississippi has had a Democratic Governor for 104 out of the last 119 years (1892-present).

In addition, Republicans are significantly more likely to have college degrees:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)

And Republicans as a whole have a higher median income:
http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1005/republicans-happier

So considering all of the facts, it looks like Mississippi has voted for a mix of Democrats and Republicans depending on the office. Republicans are more likely to have a college degree and have higher median incomes, so they are less likely to live in poverty.

So what makes Mississippi more poor?

BTW- my image of a poor person is not a black person, it's Appalachia. I'm not arguing that blacks should be the face of poor people. I'm just disputing the claim that how a state votes for president is what makes it poor. Especially since this "red state" "blue state" thing has only been around post 2000, and many of those "red states" have had Democratic governors during that time.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 09-09-2011 at 12:48 PM..

Old 09-09-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Interesting, even after I corrected what I said you STILL have not addressed the rest of what I said. Did your stats tell you that being married is the cure of proverty? How about the number of catholics are latino/hispanic?
I did post the percentage of live biths to unwed mothers for Hispanic/Latina women. It's 20% below that of the percentage of live births to unwed Black women. You lied about it and claimed Hispanic/Latina women had higher rates of unwed births, and I exposed your lie with indisputable facts.

Quote:
Did it mention about the injustices of the legal system?
What injustices? Did all those people in prison commit the crimes, or not?

Quote:
Does it mention that catholism does condones abortions or birth control?
And yet Hispanic/Latina women STILL have a much lower percentage of unwed births than do Black women. Hmmm...

Quote:
How about the future population of said Latinos/Hispanics?
Which has what to do with your false claim?

Quote:
Granted I made a mistake and I corrected what I said and (I thought) clearified it
You never corrected what you said. You just spew made up garbage, that's easily proven false. That's why you have no credibility.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,520,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't know about where you live, but here the welfare office does not tap their telephone and have someone standing outside their door 24/7. Ergo, they have no idea that the work was turned down. I have OFFERED one of these people a job MYSELF and been told NO, because they didn't want to give up their "entitlements". And YES I did try to report them, but the welfare office said unless I had written proof, there was nothing they could do.

20yrsinBranson
I'm from California , and the state document the Job Search Process and follow up on the people you contacted.....- making sure that you aren't giving them ' Bogus Information" and if a "employer offer a person on (welfare) a job" they (the welfare system ) would know about it.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Yes, I know DC is not a state. If you have an issue with it being on the list, you should take it up with Huffington Post, who included it in their poorest states list. Since I provided the link, I assume you already know that.
Here's the link again:
The Poorest States In The U.S. (PHOTOS)

But thanks for proving you can't dispute the post.

Let's make this really simple.
Mississippi has the highest percentage of African Americans in the country: 38%.
African Americans have the highest poverty rate of any race.

And "red" state claim doesn't hold up so well:
Mississippi has had a Democratic Governor for 104 out of the last 119 years (1892-present).

In addition, Republicans are significantly more likely to have college degrees:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)

And Republicans as a whole have a higher median income:
http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1005/republicans-happier

So considering all of the facts, it looks like Mississippi has voted for a mix of Democrats and Republicans depending on the office. Republicans are more likely to have a college degree and have higher median incomes, so they are less likely to live in poverty.

So what makes Mississippi more poor?

BTW- my image of a poor person is not a black person, it's Appalachia. I'm not arguing that blacks should be the face of poor people. I'm just disputing the claim that how a state votes for president is what makes it poor. Especially since this "red state" "blue state" thing has only been around post 2000, and many of those "red states" have had Democratic governors during that time.

Personally, I called it "media manipulation". If you have enough money/control over the media you can make the masses believe almost anything. Faux Blues is the perfect example of that.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I did post the percentage of live biths to unwed mothers for Hispanic/Latina women. It's 20% below that of the percentage of live births to unwed Black women. You lied about it and claimed Hispanic/Latina women had higher rates of unwed births, and I exposed your lie with indisputable facts.

What injustices? Did all those people in prison commit the crimes, or not?

[b]We really don't know due to the inequalities of the legal system, but if the number for known wrongful executions and the exoneration provides a clue there is a serious problem in this country.

And yet Hispanic/Latina women STILL have a much lower percentage of unwed births than do Black women. Hmmm...

Once again being married or unwed is a FACTOR in proverty not the CAUSE!

Which has what to do with your false claim?

You never corrected what you said. You just spew made up garbage, that's easily proven false. That's why you have no credibility.

You see, you are too busy trying discredit something that I already admitted was wrong and yet you will not acknowledge the correction. Meanwhile ignoring the other facts that I have presented to you

Old 09-09-2011, 07:35 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,047,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I'm from California , and the state document the Job Search Process and follow up on the people you contacted.....- making sure that you aren't giving them ' Bogus Information" and if a "employer offer a person on (welfare) a job" they (the welfare system ) would know about it.
Well, that is a good system (if it is effective). They need to implement something like that here! That would be very helpful.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
You see, you are too busy trying discredit something that I already admitted was wrong
Where did you admit it was wrong? Must be more BS you're making up because there is no such admission in this thread.

Exactly where do you acknowledge that Blacks have a FAR higher rate of births to unwed mothers than any other racial group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.