Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 04:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,193,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
From the article...

"Heather Barwick’s mum left her father when her daughter was two or three and moved in with a woman she was in love with."

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au
She said herself that her father "wasn't a great guy". We all know that many parents hide the really dirty stuff from their kids. If she know that her dad wasn't a great guy, then who know how much more was under the surface that was hidden from her to protect her?

Old 03-22-2015, 04:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,193,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Frankly, heterosexual are different. The 'hole' I referred to is not a biological hole, but one in the soul. You knew that and just underscored a point, with your response, I made in an earlier post.
And children of surrogates or IVF with heterosexual parents don't have this "hole"?

Do you have anything to back this up?
Are there any stats on this hole theory you have that compares the hole in children of homosexual VS the children of heterosexuals?

Old 03-22-2015, 04:29 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
So she joined some happy-clappy bible thumping "church" and now disrespects the happy family she grew up in? She sounds like a brat who is forgetting that she would have grown up in a single-parent home as the alternative.

It's 2015, anyone with a single bit of intelligence realizes that a loving family, whatever the make up, is the best thing for a child.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:34 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,881,768 times
Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
It is people like you that label others sexual quirks that are the problems. Is it not depriving a child of a traditional set of parents when parents divorce? Are not single parents too depriving children of a traditional set of parents. There are 400,000 children annually in adoption or foster care that are deprived of any family by their own biological parents, maybe a ban on giving up ones child should be considered, rather then a ban homosexuals from being parents. Gays and lesbians are not playing house when they raise a child, no more then a heterosexual parent or parents that adopt or choose other means of having a child. One may as well invalidate all parenthood other then those that are biological, by your standards. But fortunately the country does not follow bigotted standards in qualifying parenthood.
There should be a band on Gay couples adapting kids. Besides are we only speaking only a very small portion of gay people who rally want to raise kids? Besides, it would interrupt their Gay Life Style.!

Raising kids is serious business. To put a child into a situation like that would be more confusing in child development.

The question should be poised, "what is Child development will look like in 50 years?" Will have a culture totally void of any moral standards?

The are important questions. Not left up to the a Flavor of the day, because of some sense that Gays want it all?
It just does not happen that way!:thi nk:

Old 03-22-2015, 04:39 PM

Default Churchis reacting to the needsof community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So she joined some happy-clappy bible thumping "church" and now disrespects the happy family she grew up in? She sounds like a brat who is forgetting that she would have grown up in a single-parent home as the alternative.

It's 2015, anyone with a single bit of intelligence realizes that a loving family, whatever the make up, is the best thing for a child.
The Churches are responding to the Community. Have every hear of the Catholic Charities? We have people every year adapting kids from around the world. The Non Domination Churches have Ministries to help Kids.

The child in a proper foster parents and eventual a real home is the up concern of the God Fearing Community.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Churches are responding to the Community. Have every hear of the Catholic Charities? We have people every year adapting kids from around the world. The Non Domination Churches have Ministries to help Kids.

The child in a proper foster parents and eventual a real home is the up concern of the God Fearing Community.
This post has to be a joke. So you are insinuating a child is better off in foster care than with 2 loving parents? Wow! How very "Christian" of you to judge others.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:54 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
“Growing up, and even into my 20s, I supported and advocated for gay marriage. It’s only with some time and distance from my childhood that I’m able to reflect on my experiences and recognise the long-term consequences that same-sex parenting had on me,” she said. “It’s only now, as I watch my children loving and being loved by their father each day, that I can see the beauty and wisdom in traditional marriage and parenting.”

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

I agree with her. Parents are best with both a Father and Mother.
Who cares? It's just one person's opinion formed by her personal experience, and now she's just looking for attention. Is any rational person, who thinks gay people and straight people should be treated equally, suddenly going to rally for inequality because someone wrote a letter? No. She's a non-factor. She's only doing it for attention, anyway. Don't give it to her.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:56 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
It is people like you that label others sexual quirks that are the problems. Is it not depriving a child of a traditional set of parents when parents divorce? Are not single parents too depriving children of a traditional set of parents. There are 400,000 children annually in adoption or foster care that are deprived of any family by their own biological parents, maybe a ban on giving up ones child should be considered, rather then a ban homosexuals from being parents. Gays and lesbians are not playing house when they raise a child, no more then a heterosexual parent or parents that adopt or choose other means of having a child. One may as well invalidate all parenthood other then those that are biological, by your standards. But fortunately the country does not follow bigotted standards in qualifying parenthood.

Yes, divorce deprives a child of a parent, but who said I was in favor of divorce?

Who said I was in favor of single parenting?

When those who create a family do so for the benefit of adults rather than children, as is the case in same-sex marriage, they are deliberately creating a family that by its very design cannot provide optimal care for children and have already proven themselves to be unfit parents..

Old 03-22-2015, 05:18 PM

Default Fallen Lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This post has to be a joke. So you are insinuating a child is better off in foster care than with 2 loving parents? Wow! How very "Christian" of you to judge others.

Yes if it involves a SSC. Loving, ? That is a good question what sort of home and moral up bring will this child be subjected to. We are not judging you just identified a fallen life style that could corrupt kids that all kinds of love is good.

For the record there is a whole community of Believers whom have the same point of view.

I and others would be the first to report any suspicious behavior to child services.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:43 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
There should be a band on Gay couples adapting kids. Besides are we only speaking only a very small portion of gay people who rally want to raise kids? Besides, it would interrupt their Gay Life Style.!

Raising kids is serious business. To put a child into a situation like that would be more confusing in child development.

The question should be poised, "what is Child development will look like in 50 years?" Will have a culture totally void of any moral standards?

The are important questions. Not left up to the a Flavor of the day, because of some sense that Gays want it all?
It just does not happen that way!:thi nk:
You seem to think morality is only present in heterosexuals. It does not take being straight to be moral or to be a good parent. The confusion that children in same sex parent households have is why the other kids are so hateful and disrespectful, why they say what their parents tell them. Raising kids takes devotion and love, that does not take being heterosexual. I know many many heterosexuals that do not have the time for their kids because their lifestyle gets in the way. And there is not a gay lifestyle. What is a gay lifestyle, just being gay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.