Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:07 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Blago said it wasn't.

So did the long chain of Daley's (spelling?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 12:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Then ask her to back up her claim and show where ANY cop is paid minimum wage.

Unless you believe her.

$90,000-$220,000
Austin, TX APD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNVZDpGCKks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJCNfTUvF5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzqoTlkZjT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yc0pvXFZXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHLnFliTEAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XT2kqBlr5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh-gdvac3Qg

Where was Eric Holder in all this?

Old 03-20-2015, 12:18 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
And Billionaire Hedgefunder Ray Dalio makes more in a day with other peoples money (Pension Funds) than most Americans will make in a lifetime all for shuffling around paper.

Top Billionaire Hedge Funder Sees Himself As a Hyena Devouring Wildebeests - By Mark Ames - The eXiled

TOP BILLIONAIRE HEDGE FUNDER SEES HIMSELF AS A HYENA DEVOURING WILDEBEESTS

Old 03-20-2015, 12:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
And Billionaire Hedgefunder Ray Dalio makes more in a day with other peoples money (Pension Funds) than most Americans will make in a lifetime all for shuffling around paper.

Top Billionaire Hedge Funder Sees Himself As a Hyena Devouring Wildebeests - By Mark Ames - The eXiled

TOP BILLIONAIRE HEDGE FUNDER SEES HIMSELF AS A HYENA DEVOURING WILDEBEESTS
That is not the same as collecting 3 state pensions for the rest of your life.
The citizens of Illinois have to fund all those pensions.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:47 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,258 times
I'm okay with police and firefighter pensions----these guys patrol thru some dangerous areas.....teachers, too----it's not in society's best interests to have too many worn-out 60 year old teachers----we need to reign in some of the ways they all game the system with enourmous overtime the last few years, and some of the COLA increases---but overall I think it works.

The major problem I have is with the normal government office workers getting the same generous pensions----sorry, but their salaries are just as good, if not better, than the private sector, and none of these folks are risking their lives to protect us. The taxpayers can no longer service these pensions.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
I'm okay with police and firefighter pensions----these guys patrol thru some dangerous areas.....teachers, too----it's not in society's best interests to have too many worn-out 60 year old teachers----we need to reign in some of the ways they all game the system with enourmous overtime the last few years, and some of the COLA increases---but overall I think it works.

The major problem I have is with the normal government office workers getting the same generous pensions----sorry, but their salaries are just as good, if not better, than the private sector, and none of these folks are risking their lives to protect us. The taxpayers can no longer service these pensions.
But this guy is going to get $30K a year for the rest of his life because of a single 6 hour substitute teacher stint.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But this guy is going to get $30K a year for the rest of his life because of a single 6 hour substitute teacher stint.
Yea, that guy obviously needs to be strung-up and waterboarded. I'm talking about the teacher with 30 years of experience. Those folks have earned a respectable pension. It's in society's best interests to have strong teachers cycling into and out of the system.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:00 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Yea, that guy obviously needs to be strung-up and waterboarded. I'm talking about the teacher with 30 years of experience. Those folks have earned a respectable pension. It's in society's best interests to have strong teachers cycling into and out of the system.
Then why not pay them up front, with an individually negotiated salary to attract and keep the best? Like in any other highly skilled field.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Then why not pay them up front, with an individually negotiated salary to attract and keep the best? Like in any other highly skilled field.
I'm 100% in support of that. Unions do nothing but protect the weak employees at the expense of the top performers. If I'm a top teacher, I wouldn't be thrilled with that idea.

Everyone in the private sector isn't protected by a union. We're on our own, but that brings the best out of everyone. You have to keep your superiors happy.....but when they're happy....they tend to pay you more in order to keep you around.

Most teachers have a fear of not being "protected," and without union protection, the local politics regarding administrators will lead to their demise. However, I hate to tell them, but that's what the rest of us face every day. If our superiors don't like us----we're canned. But that's the way the world works---and if you're a solid employee with a good company you have a job for life, and you get paid well when you kick butt.

Unions negotiate these cruddy 1-3% raises----but the best teachers would be getting higher raises if they could negotiate on their own---can promise you that. Especially given how many school districts there are----there's a ton more other school districts where I live than there is companies that employ people with my skills.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:47 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That is not the same as collecting 3 state pensions for the rest of your life.
The citizens of Illinois have to fund all those pensions.
I disagree, it is just a different form of thievery.

They take from the productive and give to themselves.
You know there is a problem when someone handling other peoples money rewards themselves with billions of other peoples money while a rocket scientist is a pauper in comparison. They are not billionaires because they are smart but because they are jackals.

The way the Hedge Funders play the game on Wall Street is they pass off the lost trades onto others and take the winning trades for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies