Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Impeach Obama
Yes 44 30.99%
NO 93 65.49%
Other 5 3.52%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 09:59 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times

Advertisements

Contrary to popular belief, impeachment is not a means to remove power simply because you wanted someone else to win that office.

It is sickening watching the way impeachment has been used, strictly as political posturing. The office is far, far, far more vital to this nation than any single occupant of it, as they serve at most 8 years. Using impeachment as a tactic disgraces the office.permanently, and makes those who do it, no more patriotic than OBL.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:06 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
I would like to know what Obama has done to get impeached?
Specifics Please!

Old 03-20-2015, 10:39 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,732,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You accent the stupidity of those on the left.

Fey is unabashedly a liberal. If liberals would get their news from a source other than Saturday Nite Live, they would know that.
It is called sarcasm.

Another word to know: Irony: When you call someone "stupid", because you missed the joke!

Apparently, you didn't see the video where people were confusing Palin with Fey that was posted earlier. Try to keep up!

Anyone could see it was not Tina Fey, there is no glint of intelligence in the eyes.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:10 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,130,500 times
Well, I vote NO for impeachment, and think Obama has done better than what I expected from him back in 2008. He was grossly unqualified to be president and I thought he would slip into Rev Wright/Al Sharpton mode within 3 months of taking office. I kind of like the way he has turned things around by doing so very little, now Europe is the vulnerable one and slipping into 911 mode, willing to commit troops and do battle with ISIS. Saudi Arabia and Iran are fighting ISIS, and other neighboring islamic counties are getting worried about ISIS as well. Obama's luke warm relations with Israel is sort of refreshing, as Israel has to come up with a game plan on their own to take out Iran's nuke program. By us not doing anything, all these various countries for various reasons are "engaging " each other and we just kinda get to kick back for a while and see what happens. I like watching them all squirm the way we had to after 911, let them worry a little while longer. I like seeing our economy get stronger while the rest of the world goes to schitt. I like the cheaper gas prices, and being less dependent on foreign oil, I like watching Michelle Obama struggle not to get fat while she teaches good nutrition. I still enjoy the memories of Bin Laden getting dumped at sea, and hope to enjoy seeing Boco Haram get what is due him someday, when we get a new president.

What I don't like about Obama, he lies and went to political school in Chicago and might be a tad bit on the crooked side, but by presidential standards he's not much worse than many other presidents. One thing in particular I don't like about him, a whole lot of white people voted for him with expectations that race relations would improve in this country, and he has done NOTHING to improve that situation at all, and seems to be pandering to thugs. The guy that got choked in New York was the only one that had any credibility worthy of public demonstration and deserving of media/white house attention. If black lives matter than the outrage needs to be directed at blacks killing blacks by the thousands, and not weather or not some thug got killed because he resisted arrest, and even the guy from New York that got choked would still be alive had he not resisted arrest. White people get brutally killed by black people all the time, I'm sick of that getting swept under the carpet and blacks not being charged with hate crimes.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:33 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,396,408 times
Most of the same people calling for Obama to be impeached quickly moved on from the " Iraq WMD Lie " of the previous administration which directly led to the deaths of over 4000 Americans. They cannot accept Obama as president but they accept the Iraq debacle and have the nerve to describe themselves as Patriots. GOH !!!

Old 03-21-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Well, I vote NO for impeachment, and think Obama has done better than what I expected from him back in 2008. He was grossly unqualified to be president and I thought he would slip into Rev Wright/Al Sharpton mode within 3 months of taking office. I kind of like the way he has turned things around by doing so very little, now Europe is the vulnerable one and slipping into 911 mode, willing to commit troops and do battle with ISIS. Saudi Arabia and Iran are fighting ISIS, and other neighboring islamic counties are getting worried about ISIS as well. Obama's luke warm relations with Israel is sort of refreshing, as Israel has to come up with a game plan on their own to take out Iran's nuke program. By us not doing anything, all these various countries for various reasons are "engaging " each other and we just kinda get to kick back for a while and see what happens. I like watching them all squirm the way we had to after 911, let them worry a little while longer. I like seeing our economy get stronger while the rest of the world goes to schitt. I like the cheaper gas prices, and being less dependent on foreign oil, I like watching Michelle Obama struggle not to get fat while she teaches good nutrition. I still enjoy the memories of Bin Laden getting dumped at sea, and hope to enjoy seeing Boco Haram get what is due him someday, when we get a new president.

What I don't like about Obama, he lies and went to political school in Chicago and might be a tad bit on the crooked side, but by presidential standards he's not much worse than many other presidents. One thing in particular I don't like about him, a whole lot of white people voted for him with expectations that race relations would improve in this country, and he has done NOTHING to improve that situation at all, and seems to be pandering to thugs. The guy that got choked in New York was the only one that had any credibility worthy of public demonstration and deserving of media/white house attention. If black lives matter than the outrage needs to be directed at blacks killing blacks by the thousands, and not weather or not some thug got killed because he resisted arrest, and even the guy from New York that got choked would still be alive had he not resisted arrest. White people get brutally killed by black people all the time, I'm sick of that getting swept under the carpet and blacks not being charged with hate crimes.
I have a hard time disagreeing with this. I am pretty sure it is not in anyone's best interest that Israel engage in battle with Iran. I think that people who struggle with weight, can also believe in good nutrition. But other than that, pretty well balanced and rational. And likely describes most peoples views on Obama, including Democrats.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
Most of the same people calling for Obama to be impeached quickly moved on from the " Iraq WMD Lie " of the previous administration which directly led to the deaths of over 4000 Americans. They cannot accept Obama as president but they accept the Iraq debacle and have the nerve to describe themselves as Patriots. GOH !!!
This is a pretty good point too. As presidential screw ups go, entering into war under false pretense is pretty inexcusable.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:58 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
You mean like these?

George W. Bush and Chimp Look-Alikes - Funny Pictures

State of the Union Drinking Game 2008 « The Schleicher Spin

Bush Looks An Awful Lot Like A Monkey*|*Bob Cesca

What were the undertones then?

Personally I'd never call Obama a monkey.... monkeys are high intelligent creatures.
So you're gonna pretend not to know that it's not wise to call black people monkeys if you don't want to seem racist? Ok.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
So you're gonna pretend not to know that it's not wise to call black people monkeys if you don't want to seem racist? Ok.
Pretending or just plain clueless?

There is always "the other guy did it too", to fall back on.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:45 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,396,408 times
While the political right has framed Obama's moral principles as non-American, at the end of the day it's the political right and their moral principles that resonate with your garden variety Bigot. Obama is certainly aware of that fact but has never pointed it out. He's been playing race cards to let some tell it yet never the one that' s " The Elephant in the Room " of race cards that the right could never defend with the usual rhetorical crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies