Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:14 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Just a sad story all around.

But I will say that the two kids in custody according to the article did not kill the man. I don't believe they should be tried as adults.

The fact that the boy may have been on "meds" is also disturbing. We are giving to much mind altering medication to our children now-a-days.
They are as guilty as if they had pulled the trigger themselves. Stop making excuses - "the boy may have been on "meds"? We will probably read and see in the media the parents of the three making up enough excuses for their baby rats.

Edited to add: I'm soooooooooooooo sick of the [fill in the blank] lives matter.

Last edited by triple8s; 03-20-2015 at 12:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 12:17 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
These alleged teenage murderers/accomplices were, according to news accounts, known to the police for previous crimes. Even at their young ages, they already have no compassion for other human beings.

I doubt this was a racially biased crime. From what I've read they allegedly picked James Patrick Stuhlman as a victim because he was older and his dog "weak", not because he was white.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:18 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times
Quote:
I thought the same thing. How did they get a gun?
Maybe it belonged to someone living in his house??

Old 03-20-2015, 12:21 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't understand why someone has to be KILLED in a robbery?

If you're going to rob someone, just rob them. Why must they be KILLED in the process?
It's the stupidest thing you could ever do. A stick up in inner-city Philadelphia might be #11 on the police priority list & if you make a clean getaway, you probably get away with it. You turn it into the homicide of an innocent civilian and now it becomes #1 on the police priority list. Now they will hunt you to the ends of the earth and put you in prison for life. So, so stupid.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:25 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
In spite of their criminal history, I bet one of the boys' mother will claim that "he's a good church goin' boy".

Old 03-20-2015, 12:36 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
hate crime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

Old 03-20-2015, 01:18 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
That is not an attitude. It is a scientifically based opinion that young teens do not have the same brain development of adults and are not unlikely to make dumb, sometimes disastrous decisions and actions. My opinion is not based on "right or wrong" it is based upon the fact that teens are not adults and do not think about outcomes like a rational adult would think about. They knew they were going to rob someone, but did the know they were going to kills someone.
I can assure you at that age I was fully aware that robbing and killing someone was not only illegal but morally reprehensible. I don't recall anyone else in my social group back then thinking it was ok to rob and kill someone either. Yes teenagers' minds are not as mature as ours so overlooking the occasional mischievous prank or whatever is understandable but murder??? I don't think so.

Now, as far as the ones who just stood and watched, they could have intervened but chose not to. That tells me they are just as callous and cold blooded as the killer and deserve the same punishment. These pieces of s*** left a family without a father and you want to give them a slap on the wrist and make them promise not to do it anymore. I'd like to see you explain that to the daughter.

Last edited by ahzzie; 03-20-2015 at 02:35 PM..

Old 03-20-2015, 01:25 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
In spite of their criminal history, I bet one of the boys' mother will claim that "he's a good church goin' boy".
I'm quite sure that all three were in the process of "turning their lives around" and just had this one wee little backslide.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:30 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I can assure you that at that age I was fully aware that robbing and killing someone was not only illegal but morally reprehensible. I don't recall anyone else in my social group back then thinking it was ok to rob and kill someone either. Yes teenagers' minds are not as mature as ours so overlooking the occasional mischievous prank or whatever is understandable but murder??? I don't think so.

Now, as far as the ones who just stood and watched, they could have intervened but chose not to. That tells me they are just as callous and cold blooded as the killer and deserve the same punishment. These pieces of s*** left a family without a father and you want to give them a slap on the wrist and make them promise not to do it anymore. I'd like to see you explain that to the daughter.
If we dismiss this stuff because of their age, what do we do with all the teenagers then? We obviously can't let these kids walk the same streets as you and I if they can't help but murder people? Conversely, we can't just let them walk around murdering people and consider it a normal, forgivable thing right?

Old 03-20-2015, 02:10 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That news paper you pick up, is it thugs and drug dealers or.....

BROTHER....
Many of them are first time offenders with no record whatsoever. Good example just this morning was a gunnutz getting all pzzy with another driver and reaching into his consel storage bin to grab his .45 auto and flash it at the people in the next car he was angry at while they video'd the doofus flashing the weapon at them. Troopers called, chased him down, man arrested and charged with multiple offenses with cops telling the victims he'll get some automatic time out of it with one of the charges they laid.

Stupidity is not unique to, nor confined to the criminal element.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies